Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ...
36
44
45
46
47
48
... LastLast
  1. #901
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhina View Post
    They still have more subs than any other MMO, be it subscription based or F2P; they're ...
    No. Check your facts. LOL, for example, has much more. Yes, LOL is an MMO.

  2. #902
    Quote Originally Posted by Stornkin View Post
    One thing to think of, a Faction change is $30, a realm change is $25. So if you wanted to faction change a toon to a new server it would be $55. For $5 more you get to keep your original toon, and have a new one.
    Now THAT is a brilliant point.

  3. #903
    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    That's not the rules of the game and violating them with money doesn't make it a game anymore, but a service.
    Not sure how you can Violate something which is offered as a service. They ask for $60 in exchange for a lvl 90 boost. I pay them $60 in exchange for a lvl 90 boost. I fail to see the violation. It may interest you to know:

    vi·o·la·tion noun \ˌvī-ə-ˈlā-shən\
    : the act of doing something that is not allowed by a law or rule

    : the act of ignoring or interfering with a person's rights

    : the act of showing disrespect for something (such as a holy place) usually by damaging it
    Source

    You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you seem to think it means. If I bought my lvl 90 boost from someone OTHER than Blizz, it would be a violation.

  4. #904
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    No. Check your facts. LOL, for example, has much more. Yes, LOL is an MMO.
    Uh, oh, so it's what, the second or third biggest? And LoL doesn't charge subs. WoW is still hardly hurting.

  5. #905
    I bet the reason for this is so people will instead buy more copies of the expansion boosting there numbers for sales and subs.

  6. #906
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhina View Post
    Uh, oh, so it's what, the second or third biggest? And LoL doesn't charge subs. WoW is still hardly hurting.
    Keep moving goalposts.

  7. #907
    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    It's almost humorous how some posters lack basic logic. They attack you by saying "stop crying, you are not affected if you don't pay for it" and they don't even see the irony hitting their skull with a sledgehammer:

    It affects me because this is a multiplayer game, we are supposed to be on equal starting ground in a virtual world. If your rich daddy pays for you to violate the basic rules of the game then it's over.

    I get their desperation for money though. The game is statistically dying. Google Trends consistently shows on it that the "Bell Curve" (for those that know statistics, the Normal Distribution) of its popularity clearly shows that it is at its dying end.
    Lacks basic Logic -> Bolded your logical sentence there.....

    It affects me because if there are more people spending 60 dollars to get 90's over leveling, Que times for BG's will go down. As more max level toons to participate in the only thing I enjoy at this point in wow, PVP

    Why did you throw Bell Curve as an argument for the game dying too?

  8. #908
    The Lightbringer Tharkkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    3,449
    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    It's almost humorous how some posters lack basic logic. They attack you by saying "stop crying, you are not affected if you don't pay for it" and they don't even see the irony hitting their skull with a sledgehammer:

    It affects me because this is a multiplayer game, we are supposed to be on equal starting ground in a virtual world. If your rich daddy pays for you to violate the basic rules of the game then it's over.

    I get their desperation for money though. The game is statistically dying. Google Trends consistently shows on it that the "Bell Curve" (for those that know statistics, the Normal Distribution) of its popularity clearly shows that it is at its dying end.
    Now the truth comes out. I'm sorry that I'm successful in life but that doesn't mean services shouldn't be offered to those who can afford them. Services that have no balance effect on this game. Maybe I should just give my hard earned money to you so you can shutup? Would that help? No. You'd just continue complaining about Hunters not having mana anymore.

  9. #909
    Stood in the Fire caelius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Innsbruck, Austria
    Posts
    406
    60$ is a good price; it's cheap enough to be affordable for most people and yet expensive enough to not cater to the FOTM-rerollers.

    Awesome signature by Toraah - thank you very much!

  10. #910
    Quote Originally Posted by morislayer View Post
    It affects me because if there are more people spending 60 dollars to get 90's over leveling, Que times for BG's will go down. As more max level toons to participate in the only thing I enjoy at this point in wow, PVP

    Why did you throw Bell Curve as an argument for the game dying too?
    People still fail to see purchasing the 90 is just the beginning. You still have to LEVEL it to get where you are going.

  11. #911
    There are adults who plays this game, 60$ is somethig i would very much pay if i had to change main for some reason.

    I have leveled 3 90s and two 85s I see no need to level another char if I can pay for it. Doubt its going to happen, but yes please if that is the case.

  12. #912
    Quote Originally Posted by Stornkin View Post
    One thing to think of, a Faction change is $30, a realm change is $25. So if you wanted to faction change a toon to a new server it would be $55. For $5 more you get to keep your original toon, and have a new one.
    Why do people keep spitting out this insane idea/mantra?

    How many people faction change/server change their character to warrant the price tag? Once more is you server transfer WITH all your stuff and gold. It's not even comparing apples to oranges, it's comparing apples to two pieces of limestone - the two don't correlate whatsoever.

    And, as for me, when I spend money on a video game - it's for content, not convenience. $60 can be spent on either leveling a character up to 90, which saves a couple days of replaying old content, or I can buy a BRAND NEW IN BOX (not even DL) Video Game that has 40+ hours of BRAND NEW content... content that, chances are high, doesn't require a subscription fee to access.

    I guess if the only thing you have in your life is World of Warcraft, this would be a great deal. In the real world, however...
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  13. #913
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Now the truth comes out. I'm sorry that I'm successful in life but that doesn't mean services shouldn't be offered to those who can afford them. Services that have no balance effect on this game. Maybe I should just give my hard earned money to you so you can shutup? Would that help? No. You'd just continue complaining about Hunters not having mana anymore.
    Oh you treat of a human. I want to have a beer with you, no wait, 100 year old scotch, you you, succesfull perfect person. Your treat right, since ur succesfull and all?
    The arrogance in that post shows u failed horribly as balanced and ethic person. You aren't succesful, you have a lot of money. Theres a huge difference.

    That said, 90 boosts will have major impact on WoW economics (less low level material being gathered, prices going up)
    It will have major impact on que times in BG and Dungeon (less people to Q)
    It will have major impact on skill level

    Now go back to your golden throne and look down upon us with succesfull arrogance. Off you go.

  14. #914
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    And, as for me, when I spend money on a video game - it's for content, not convenience. $60 can be spent on either leveling a character up to 90, which saves a couple days of replaying old content, or I can buy a BRAND NEW IN BOX (not even DL) Video Game that has 40+ hours of BRAND NEW content... content that, chances are high, doesn't require a subscription fee to access.

    I guess if the only thing you have in your life is World of Warcraft, this would be a great deal. In the real world, however...
    You say people aren't comparing apples to oranges and then you go and do that exact same thing. Comparing the value of your time to purchasing another game. The two aren't comparable. IF it takes 48 hours to level from 1 - 90 then the value is $1.30 per hour. Most of us don't live in 3rd world countries and we value our time at considerably more than this.

    So go ahead and purchase your new $60 game, then spend 48ish hours levelling a toon from 1 - 90. You could do both and spend most of that 48 hours actually playing said 'new game'.

  15. #915
    WTB Set of Starter Raid gear 522 ilvl for cash. I don't have time to level and I don't have time to grind out Starter gear on the TI. Make this happen, Blizzard.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."


    I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

  16. #916
    So who exactly is this for? Most people who will come back as subscribers tend to be people who have already played WoW and do have some high level characters already, be it 70-80 or 90. New games won't be paying for all the expansion packs + 60$ just to start a new game.

    Only thing I can think of is they want the option to be there but discourage anyone from using it.

  17. #917
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhina View Post
    They still have more subs than any other MMO, be it subscription based or F2P
    You mean apart from the other Chinese MMOs operated by Netease?

  18. #918
    God damn when is this going live?

  19. #919
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    SW Missouri
    Posts
    265
    I'm really confused about the griping about the 90 pricing. It seems fair to me as there will be players who will go out and buy a new copy of WoD for the boost. Thats a given. What it does do is cut out the hassle and hoops of attaining a second boost what not. I think 60 is a fair price. Its available for those who want it, but not so cheap that everyone is going to abuse it.
    Patience is a virtue. I never claimed to be virtuous.

  20. #920
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkgego View Post
    Let´s see 60$ a brand new 90...
    20$ a subscription, thats 3 months

    90 days for a new 90

    It takes 3 days or even less to get from 1 to 90 (leveling skills)...


    I like people who will pay for their new 90 !
    Let's just walk through things here.

    40$ for WoD, 25$ for a transfer between accounts, Battle chest is usually 5-20$ (and will likely start coming with MoP soon(tm).)

    Soooooooo

    give or take, if you were to buy new expansions to get level 90 characters, it's ~80$/head.

    60$ is expensive, perhaps prohibitively so. I like it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •