Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostprotocol View Post
    So who exactly is this for? Most people who will come back as subscribers tend to be people who have already played WoW and do have some high level characters already, be it 70-80 or 90. New games won't be paying for all the expansion packs + 60$ just to start a new game.

Only thing I can think of is they want the option to be there but discourage anyone from using it.
    Why do you think they removed SoR?
    "...we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening."

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    $60 can be spent on either leveling a character up to 90, which saves a couple days of replaying old content, or I can buy a BRAND NEW IN BOX (not even DL) Video Game that has 40+ hours of BRAND NEW content... content that, chances are high, doesn't require a subscription fee to access.
    I won't even bother with your other anecdotal and hyperbolic statements. This is the ONLY part that matters to those of us who will use the service. Convenience. People should stop being concerned with how others spend their money. If you object to the cost, ask Blizz to lower it. If you object to the service, ask Blizz to remove it. Your quarrel seems to be with Blizz yet you are making it personal with the people in favor of using this service of convenience. Even after I buy the 90, I still have to grind to 100, and get gear, and run LFR, and do dailies, and everything every other mundane lvl 100 character will have to do. I highly doubt the users of SoR or RaF ruin your playing experience. This will be no different. An instant level character that still has to grind 10 levels to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Why do you think they removed SoR?
    He still makes the point though if you haven't played since Wrath, which the end level was 80, would $60 be worth 10 levels?

It's a valid point to anyone returning, assuming they already have a character that they reached a maximum level with in a previous expansion. I will say this though that it would make sense if let's say I came back and said "you know what I'm going to play something completely different and on Alliance" then bam, you got yourself a 90.

I do also agree with what he's saying about new players coming into the game mainly because of how MMOs are viewed now a days by a gaming community, since many believe paying a monthly fee alone is just too much. So I really don't see many people coming into WoW who are new doing it either, unless friends bugged me or offered to pay for it for me.

Lastly I do believe it's why SoR went poof, and I wouldn't be surprised if later down the lines it'll come back again, but reworked similar to what they did with RaF.

So is this feature live now? because I can't see any option to boost a char (probably not going to use it but just curious).

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    So is this feature live now? because I can't see any option to boost a char (probably not going to use it but just curious).
    Will go live with WoD (or shortly before).

Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    God damn when is this going live?
    It hasn't even been confirmed outside of datamining. It might be Asia only. It might have just been a test to ensure that they could put the boost in the store. It might never make it live.
    CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.9GHz | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 670FTW LE 2GB (SLI) | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 MHz | Case: NZXT Switch 810 White | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V Pro | CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 CLC | SSD: Intel 520 160GB | HDD: 3xWestern Digital Caviar Black 1TB | PSU: Antec TruePower Quattro 1200W | Displays: 3x BL2710PT IPS | Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 Tactile | Mouse: Razer Deathadder/Naga Epic | Car: Andromeda

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Oh you treat of a human. I want to have a beer with you, no wait, 100 year old scotch, you you, succesfull perfect person. Your treat right, since ur succesfull and all?
    The arrogance in that post shows u failed horribly as balanced and ethic person. You aren't succesful, you have a lot of money. Theres a huge difference.

That said, 90 boosts will have major impact on WoW economics (less low level material being gathered, prices going up)
    It will have major impact on que times in BG and Dungeon (less people to Q)
    It will have major impact on skill level

Now go back to your golden throne and look down upon us with succesfull arrogance. Off you go.
    Offering him $60 for a free boost is arrogance? That's what this GoblinMage person is upset over that he made personal attacks to anyone with extra spending money. You can assume I'm rich which is incorrect. I said I'm successful. Big difference. I live comfortably supporting my wife and 3 children. I don't measure success on how much money is in my wallet. I get offended by asshats who want a handout.

Skill level won't be effected. If you're a good player, boosting to 90 won't change that. Bad players now will continue to be bad after 90 levels. We learn very little about our class except that there's 30 different spells available.

Battlegrounds and RDF should have increased people for the end game. More 90's means that people leveling in the next expansion will have more individuals to group with. The majority of people leveling will be from 90-100. Not 1-90.

Economics : I'll give you this but it also means the materials will be readily available to farm yourself. Now as connected servers are completed this has boosted the AH heavily at least on my server.

I think like 99,9999% of all herbs gathered are farmed by lvl90 players and bots, not people who are leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    It hasn't even been confirmed outside of datamining. It might be Asia only. It might have just been a test to ensure that they could put the boost in the store. It might never make it live.
    The "leak" was a gauge. It allows them to monitor sites like this, and their own for interest. We all knew this was coming the minute we heard we were getting a 90 with WoD. Anyone who thinks this will never be in the US store is delusional.

Personally, the $60 price tag is far too much to be worth it for me, personally. But is it a reasonable price for its purpose? I think, unfortunately, it is.

Warlords of Draenor will almost certainly cost $40, just like the other expansions. The current Battlechest costs $20 and contains up through Cataclysm. Assuming Mists will be added to the Battlechest with Warlord's launch, it will cost $60 to get a 'free' boosted level 90 on another account by purchasing extra copies of Warlords of Draenor. It will then cost another $25 to transfer that boosted 90 to your main account. $85 in total.

The purpose of offering the level 90 boost in the store is because offering it as a perk with the purchase of Warlords allows people to purchase additional 90 boosts anyway. Offering it for $60 is cheaper than it would cost someone using a "buy-extra-WoD-copies" workaround to get additional 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    No. Check your facts. LOL, for example, has much more. Yes, LOL is an MMO.
    No, LoL is not an MMO; it's an MOBA.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Warlords of Draenor will almost certainly cost $40, just like the other expansions. The current Battlechest costs $20 and contains up through Cataclysm. Assuming Mists will be added to the Battlechest with Warlord's launch, it will cost $60 to get a 'free' boosted level 90 on another account by purchasing extra copies of Warlords of Draenor. It will then cost another $25 to transfer that boosted 90 to your main account. $85 in total.
    You also get a free month of play time if you RAF yourself. So the total is actually only $70.
    Since you get RAF bonuses it may still be the optimal path for some.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostprotocol View Post
    So who exactly is this for? Most people who will come back as subscribers tend to be people who have already played WoW and do have some high level characters already, be it 70-80 or 90. New games won't be paying for all the expansion packs + 60$ just to start a new game.

Only thing I can think of is they want the option to be there but discourage anyone from using it.
    It is a very smart marketing move.

The free lvl 90 is included with the new box and puts WoW on par with a new game. You can start right off when you downloaded the NEW continent to adventure in , permitting to regroup with old friends from the very start with the same mutual new experience.

If you want more new lvl 90's you pay that extra. For instance to join old Real Life players on different servers etc...

It's a massive marketing tric and I think it will be a smash hit.

There is nothing more discouriging than the need to wade through 90 more levels before joining friends in the latest continent of WoW.

It comes in handy for everyone, the older players, the ex players, even the new ones. 100.000.000 (ex) players/ testers is a massive pool and by this and other actions, Blizzard is addressing them all.

If WoD is done well... everyone will have that feeling when they first entered Outland en mass. Pretty much a feeling that was dispersed way too much in Cata or a bit lesser: MoP.

Something tells me some high % of these 100.000.000 players will dive right in with their new (free) lvl 90's in the new landscapes of WoW without hastle, unhindered by the negative points that were typical for both Cata and MoP.

Back to basics with everyone and a clean fresh start from lvl 90. Now that the conversion from subs to free to play ended in all those other games, WoW has the multi million subscription market all to its own.

It is VERY important to regroup everyone back around the same starting point from now on. If WoD is on par with the same WoW Lore as basic Azeroth and Outland TBC, this could lead to unexpected positive results.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-02-19 at 10:52 PM.

It's a massive marketing tric and I think it will be a smash hit.
    Its a massive profit trick. For example guild wars 2 handles this problem more correctly.

EDIT:
    Also why do you think blizzard invented buyable-90 feature later than free-90-with-wod feature?
    Last edited by mmokri; 2014-02-19 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post
    Its a massive profit trick. For example guild wars 2 handles this problem more correctly.
    What is more correctly than a FREE lvl 90 when you buy the latest WoW expansion to jump directly into the content you just obtained ?
    If you want MORE lvl 90's immediately, you pay extra to avoid the useless time to level yet another class to start WoD.

It is a win/win as MANY players will return to see the latest WoW with a fresh lvl 90. The vast majority will stick to the one free lvl 90 and just jump in.

Also the existent player base has already 2 or 3 lvl 90's, so no big deal.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-02-19 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tseol View Post
    About two and a half weeks real time. But my post was just clarifying what some of the other posters were saying.
    Some people could power-level the same amount of in-game time in a shorter amount of real-world time. I am not those people.

Also, I can't dungeon grind through mists. Can't do it. I'll do a random dungeon here or there, and I'll do all the dungeon quests, but unless I get a marvelous tank that chain-pulls relentlessly, I just feel every little delay, every skippable mob gone un-skipped, just melting my day away. It MIGHT be more time-efficient than questing, but it's not more sanity-efficient between AFKs and DCs and slow tanks.
    You could try monkey runs :P

But yeah, I once tried to level exclusively in dungeons 85-90 on a bear druid. Before the XP nerf, before they increased the number of levelling dungeons (well, by 1). Wanted to kill myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Seems reasonable. Too cheap and people won't bother levelling any more. Too expensive, and it's ridiculous. I still think it's a little high, but I can understand why it would be. It's early days though, and I wouldn't be surprised if this was a deliberate attempt to gauge people's reactions.

You wouldn't want it to be so cheap that you'd feel like an idiot levelling a character normally.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    It is a win/win as MANY players will return to see the latest WoW with a fresh lvl 90. The vast majority will stick to the one free lvl 90 and just jump in.
    IMO 90% of players won't even use the free 90. Then like 8% plan on actually playing an alt so will make use of it. The remaining 2% is people who are new to WoW in WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I won't even bother with your other anecdotal and hyperbolic statements. This is the ONLY part that matters to those of us who will use the service. Convenience. People should stop being concerned with how others spend their money. If you object to the cost, ask Blizz to lower it. If you object to the service, ask Blizz to remove it. Your quarrel seems to be with Blizz yet you are making it personal with the people in favor of using this service of convenience. Even after I buy the 90, I still have to grind to 100, and get gear, and run LFR, and do dailies, and everything every other mundane lvl 100 character will have to do. I highly doubt the users of SoR or RaF ruin your playing experience. This will be no different. An instant level character that still has to grind 10 levels to catch up.
    People should realize that this is a multiplayer game and what you do affects others

60$? Really? Wow. I was prepared to utilise the service -within reason-. This, ergo, is not reasonable.
    If you're reading this signature, I hope you're having a nice day.