Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinksworth View Post
    60$? Really? Wow. I was prepared to utilise the service -within reason-. This, ergo, is not reasonable.
    The first lvl 90 ... comes still free within the WoD box btw.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    It is a very smart marketing move.

The free lvl 90 is included with the new box and puts WoW on par with a new game. You can start right off when you downloaded the NEW continent to adventure in , permitting to regroup with old friends from the very start with the same mutual new experience.

If you want more new lvl 90's you pay that extra. For instance to join old Real Life players on different servers etc...

It's a massive marketing tric and I think it will be a smash hit.

There is nothing more discouriging than the need to wade through 90 more levels before joining friends in the latest continent of WoW.

It comes in handy for everyone, the older players, the ex players, even the new ones. 100.000.000 (ex) players/ testers is a massive pool and by this and other actions, Blizzard is addressing them all.

If WoD is done well... everyone will have that feeling when they first entered Outland en mass. Pretty much a feeling that was dispersed way too much in Cata or a bit lesser: MoP.

Something tells me some high % of these 100.000.000 players will dive right in with their new (free) lvl 90's in the new landscapes of WoW without hastle, unhindered by the negative points that were typical for both Cata and MoP.

Back to basics with everyone and a clean fresh start from lvl 90. Now that the conversion from subs to free to play ended in all those other games, WoW has the multi million subscription market all to its own.

It is VERY important to regroup everyone back around the same starting point from now on. If WoD is on par with the same WoW Lore as basic Azeroth and Outland TBC, this could lead to unexpected positive results.
    Shocking news; BenBos decides that something that Blizzard have done is the best thing since sliced bread. Goes on to claim that it will change the business world as we know it, and probably bring world peace or something. More at eleven.

Infracted, please post in a constructive and civil manner.
    Last edited by Gehco; 2014-02-19 at 11:41 PM.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

The volume of new game features and content in MoP is a direct consequence of people cancelling subscriptions during Cataclysm. You're welcome.

I wish they would of made it a buck a lvl with a certain base amounts you could buy at once, and whenever you feel like it.
    I won't lie, I would pay to skip outlands and Cata on a 1-90 ride If i could.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You wouldn't want it to be so cheap that you'd feel like an idiot levelling a character normally.

IMO 90% of players won't even use the free 90. Then like 8% plan on actually playing an alt so will make use of it. The remaining 2% is people who are new to WoW in WoD.
    The MAJOR target audiance is the ex WoW player group which Blizzard referred to as those illusive 100.000.000. The guys who left WoW as early as 2007 to mid 2012.

This recruitment pool is so massive in numbers that even reaching 5% -10% of these results in multi millions hearts to conquer once again. What better way to do it with one free lvl 90 to jump right in again with ol friends doing new Kara equivalent runs without hastle...

And once hooked... people want ... more.

People should realize that this is a multiplayer game and what you do affects others
    Seems I understand why blizzard adds content for 1-player (chinese farm,dailies with epics,single-player legendary,...).
    Last edited by mmokri; 2014-02-19 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Shocking news; BenBos decides that something that Blizzard have done is the best thing since sliced bread. Goes on to claim that it will change the business world as we know it, and probably bring world peace or something. More at eleven.
    Shocking news: Blizzard does something and Huehuecoyotl complains.

I have already two friends who are returning to WoW now that they are able to join me and another friend on our server without the trouble of leveling for months.
    So yeah, a 100% increase in players from my friend-group. How can that NOT be good for the game?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

The MAJOR target audiance is the ex WoW player group which Blizzard referred to as those illusive 100.000.000. The guys who left WoW as early as 2007 to mid 2012.

This recruitment pool is so massive in numbers that even reaching 5% -10% of these results in multi millions hearts to conquer once again. What better way to do it with one free lvl 90 to jump right in again with ol friends doing new Kara equivalent runs without hastle...

And once hooked... people want ... more.
    When did Blizzard refer to ex-WOW players as the illusive 100 million? Are you sure it was not you that referred to ex-WOW players as this and then attributed it to Blizzard? And why would one of those 100 million, of which I account for at least three, most of whom gave up on the game before parting with any money now want to buy WOW?

I think the fact many these people have never subscribed or, according to you, quit seven years ago would suggest that they are not "hooked."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Shocking news: Blizzard does something and Huehuecoyotl complains.

I have already two friends who are returning to WoW now that they are able to join me and another friend on our server without the trouble of leveling for months.
    So yeah, a 100% increase in players from my friend-group. How can that NOT be good for the game?
    Why would your friends, as returning players, have to level for months? If they are ex-players is it not a gamble for them to pre-purchase WOD when they cannot be sure that they will like what they have returned to? Surely, as a friend, you could boost them cutting the time it takes to level considerably?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    When did Blizzard refer to ex-WOW players as the illusive 100 million? Are you sure it was not you that referred to ex-WOW players as this and then attributed it to Blizzard? And why would one of those 100 million, of which I account for at least three, most of whom gave up on the game before parting with any money now want to buy WOW?

I think the fact many these people have never subscribed or, according to you, quit seven years ago would suggest that they are not "hooked."
    100.000.000 million is a matter of speaking.

... as MANY households I know use but one account for their household members like young boys and girls and even partners.

My son played WoW on my account until he was 14. My brother does the exact same with his 11 and 9 year olds.

So the account as such is just an indication.

Anyone who played WoW has the game burned on his mental hard disk. It is just a tric to trigger them back.

100.000.000 million is a matter of speaking.

... as MANY households I know use but one account for their household members like young boys and girls and even partners.

My son played WoW on my account until he was 14. My brother does the exact same with his 11 and 9 year olds.

So the account as such is just an indication.

Anyone who played WoW has the game burned on his mental hard disk. It is just a tric to trigger them back.
    In other words you are, once again, making things up and then passing them off as something Blizzard has said.

Why would your friends, as returning players, have to level for months? If they are ex-players is it not a gamble for them to pre-purchase WOD when they cannot be sure that they will like what they have returned to? Surely, as a friend, you could boost them cutting the time it takes to level considerably?
    No boost is better. Since everyone returning with WoD finds a free lvl 90 in the box directly.

- - - Updated - - -

In other words you are, once again, making things up and then passing them off as something Blizzard has said.
    The 100 million number comes directly from Blizzard.

You can find it on the web everywhere and it was published just a week or 2 ago. The discussion is accounts or persons or trials.

I say : no need to distinguish as I really know no father who doesn't let his minor kid play on his WoW account... That's already 2 fysical persons playing on but one account for every household with one or more children in the age of 8-13.

It is even allowed until the age of 16.

tldr: the (free) lvl 90 will bring back a LOT because the POOL is enormous. And once hooked the re recruited guy will have the option to buy a second 90 or level at his own pace again.

You don't like the Blizzard marketing addressing that huge pool? I understand.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-02-19 at 11:45 PM.

No boost is better. Since everyone returning with WoD finds a free lvl 90 in the box directly.
    What? Why would you make your friend who quit WOW pay to pre-order WOD, several months before its release, plus a sub fee when there is no guarantee they will find the game any more enjoyable than when they quit? Why not let them sub for a month, boost them to 90 and let them make their own mind up as to whether they want to subscribe long term?

The 100 million number comes directly from Blizzard.

You can find it on the web everywhere and it was published just a week or 2 ago.
    Blizzard said that 100 million accounts which included trial accounts had been created which is something you criticise F2P games for doing. But you are making out that these are actual players that are just waiting to return to the game and trying to pass it off as something Blizzard have said.

Because they are slow at it and don't like it?
    They've tried to come back many times before, every single time burned out on the leveling.

If WoD makes it easier for them to come back: Kudos for WoD!
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post

Infracted, please post in a constructive and civil manner.
    I do not usually agree with BenBos but his analysis on why the service is here and the target who's aimed at is probably spot on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    If X is % better then Y, Y is bad. I hate that concept with the searing, burning unfathomable energy of a collapsing supergiant.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    I also got on and saw that you can buy every mount in the game including TCG mounts for $12.22

I have no proof but trust me, it was all there - I just didn't bother to SS it or anything because I knew you would all take my word for it.
    you sure look like a huge idiot now
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

The boost should be available in shop only for people owning 1 lvl 90 char (remember the dk when you needed a lvl 55+ char in order to create one).
    Also, veteran players that stopped playing wow should have this option available. (thinking at lvl 60 pvp gear where you need the achievement in order to use them as transmog).

NEW people should start from lvl 1 to learn the game otherwise they`ll suck at everything.
    Last edited by cashcate; 2014-02-20 at 01:16 AM.

$60 is a good idea, god I wish it was like $100.

let the option be there..but make it hurt a little...it will turn most people off ever doing it, which is a good thing...

i personally still enjoy leveling characters though so this isn't something I'm interested in using for myself.

Now...imagine more players flock to WoW with the new x-pac.

I am so stoked to see forum posters reactions to that.

48 pages of armchair game devs analyzing how much the service should really cost or if it ever should have been implemented and me fresh out of popcorn. And it all could have been solved if you just google "WoW levelling service" and find out that ilegal sites with a chance of account compromise charge around and up to 139 dollars for a lv 1-90 boost (without any profession levelling btw). And if there wouldn't been takers, there wouldn't be these sites of boosting or goldselling services.

Blizzard claims what is rightfully theirs. The complete revenue from their brand, their ideas, their work and fuck you if you call me a fanboy for stating the bloody obvious in any copyright law and intellectual property.

If it butthurts you so much...don't buy it. If it butthurts you so much, don't invite people who boosted into your guild. Maybe you think different if your tank buggers off and another guild member offers to put up 60 dollars for a boost of his much neglected alt so you don't stand around for two months with your pants down on progression nights
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

I think $60 sounds appropriate.

I was really worried about this pay option being added, but at that price point it doesn't bug me nearly as bad as it did before.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    I think $60 sounds appropriate.
    It's actually cheaper than I thought it would be.
    time is money - money is power - power corrupts

Does anyone know the prices for europe?

The store button was at char selection screen but I could not choose the boost option it was not listed. At least on the maelstrom.
    Last edited by chaosjones; 2014-02-20 at 01:41 AM.

Active Wow Player | Active D3 Player | Active Eve Player | Active Wot Player | Eve Gametime | Youtube / Twitter