Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cashcate View Post
    The boost should be available in shop only for people owning 1 lvl 90 char (remember the dk when you needed a lvl 55+ char in order to create one).
    Also, veteran players that stopped playing wow should have this option available. (thinking at lvl 60 pvp gear where you need the achievement in order to use them as transmog).

NEW people should start from lvl 1 to learn the game otherwise they`ll suck at everything.
    Sorry but a very large portion of the players that actually did level 1-90 are fucking horrible, leveling did nothing at all for them. Just look at all the terabads that were crying that normal raids are to hard(which is why we got flex now)or the 540+ geared players that cant do 150k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Does anyone know the prices for europe?

The store button was at loading screen but I could not choose the boost option it was not listed. At least on the maelstrom.
    That will be 60 EUR. Why ? As i can see from Blizzard Store US and Blizzard Store EU ... same prices but different currency.

Diablo 39.99 USD and 39.99 EUR

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Sorry but a very large portion of the players that actually did level 1-90 are fucking horrible, leveling did nothing at all for them. Just look at all the terabads that were crying that normal raids are to hard(which is why we got flex now)or the 540+ geared players that cant do 150k dps.
    If those are horrible ... imagine the new ones starting from lvl 90.

Quote Originally Posted by cashcate View Post
    That will be 60 EUR. Why ? As i can see from Blizzard Store US and Blizzard Store EU ... same prices but different currency.

Diablo 39.99 USD and 39.99 EUR

- - - Updated - - -

If those are horrible ... imagine the new ones starting from lvl 90.
    So you have no confirmation that these are the prices?

HAve to remember there is a difference on store items in different valuta.
    Games is the only thing as far i know has the same price regardless of currency.

bad players will suck regardless if they started from 1 or 90.

Good players will not suck regardless if they started from 1 or 90. I see no issue here.

Active Wow Player | Active D3 Player | Active Eve Player | Active Wot Player | Scrub Openraid Raid Leader| Eve Gametime | Youtube / Twitter

So you have no confirmation that these are the prices?
    Geez, there's no confirmation to be had. Yes, it was visible for a few moments before it was made invisible again. No, Blizzard hasn't said a word about it and just as easily change the price or decide to continue to withhold it. No one here "knows" anything.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

The price of 60 $ is pretty high but in some way as a customer it is simply blizzard asking a customer is the time you spent levelling a new char worth 60$ in other words. Is 1 day of your life worth 60$ if it is then here is your instant boost to 90.

Personally although my time would be more than worth 60$, I wouldn't use the feature for 2 reason a: I like levelling more or less it is part of the game, 2: I am already paying a subscription to play the game I am more than disinclined to spend what is essentially more or less 4 months subscription to skip levelling a char.

Oh if only I could mail some kindof fast riding gem to my alts to get them around faster in the questing areas
    or save up experience point boni that I could transfer to an alt and use there to powerlevel.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Geez, there's no confirmation to be had. Yes, it was visible for a few moments before it was made invisible again. No, Blizzard hasn't said a word about it and just as easily change the price or decide to continue to withhold it. No one here "knows" anything.
    He's cocky remark just pushed a button, which is why mine might have come out a bit wrong.

Did not know it had been removed again.

Active Wow Player | Active D3 Player | Active Eve Player | Active Wot Player | Scrub Openraid Raid Leader| Eve Gametime | Youtube / Twitter

He's cocky remark just pushed a button, which is why mine might have come out a bit wrong.

Did not know it had been removed again.
    Calm down ... was just my opinion after i saw the game prices. Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    A mount cost 25, surely a whole bloody level 90 character that can be everything that cost 60 isn't that outrageous.
    But a mount shoudn't cost $25. That in itself is ridiculous. In fact everything in the Blizz store is already too expensive including character transfers. Something that is completely automated shouldn't cost $25 especially since we already pay a sub. If WoW was f2p then I could justify the prizes but it isn't.
    I like turtles

Quote Originally Posted by Stylez View Post
    Something that is completely automated shouldn't cost $25
    Being automated or not isn't especially relevant.
    time is money - money is power - power corrupts

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    60 bucks for no professions and green gear just to save a week or two worth of leveling? Hahahaha...
    well, for people who have a job (not implying you don't) 1 or 2 weeks would earn more than that, just saying.

Spend 60 bucks to save 2 weeks, work those 2 weeks = 1500$

??????

profit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    I can RAF myself to 85 in 1 day and spend $10 so i dont see how this price makes sense. On day 3, I can be level 90 and have only invested $10 on a separate slave account. This is actually what I did last week to get 6 85's took me 6 days.
    In 6 days people could earn enough money to buy 6 characters at level 90, and still have cash left over.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunix View Post
    well, for people who have a job (not implying you don't) 1 or 2 weeks would earn more than that, just saying.

Spend 60 bucks to save 2 weeks, work those 2 weeks = 1500$

??????

profit
    Why do people keep regurgitating this?

1. You still would have worked those hours. What you earn hourly doesn't indirectly increase the value of the service.

2. You paid for the content.

3. You continue to pay monthly for content.

4. You are now paying them to skip content.

This bullshit about hourly wage or how much you make in a paycheck is absolutely irrelevant unless you were taking time off work to level.

I was initially upset about the service but seeing the reasons people are giving for accepting it? I don't blame Blizzard. It's like fishing with dynamite in a pool of blind fish.

This is just a remainder that real money can buy everything these days.

You may grind/waste hundreds of hours for a level 90.
    Or just swipe your parents' credit card. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post

1. You still would have worked those hours. What you earn hourly doesn't indirectly increase the value of the service.

This bullshit about hourly wage or how much you make in a paycheck is absolutely irrelevant unless you were taking time off work to level.

I was initially upset about the service but seeing the reasons people are giving for accepting it? I don't blame Blizzard. It's like fishing with dynamite in a pool of blind fish.
    I think the real point is, what value do you put on your time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I will never level another character. Except from 90-100. Thank you!

Yea I can understand how its like that for most people. But with my work I have 2 days a week that I work whatsoever, then I can go in more days and work more, so in my situation its exactly as I described.

The notion presented was that it's not particularly expensive when compared to the time savings it presents.

2. You paid for the content. 3. You continue to pay monthly for content.
    What do you specifically mean by "the content"? You pay to operate the client software, and establish a connection to the service. (See TOU and EULA.)

Indeed, some people don't want to level N characters. It might be interesting to them once, twice, thrice... but eventually it becomes a barrier to entry for picking up a new class.
    time is money - money is power - power corrupts

i think the price is reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by Celeb View Post
    Nice, again Blizzard caters to those who have money to burn. So all my hard work since vanilla, leveling all my toons to 90, busting ass to level all my professions, and now they are just selling out right. Nice. Because I really want to raid with someone who bought their toon and has no idea how to play him. Thanks Blizzard.
    Other examples of catering to ppl with cash? Achievements such as pet collecting that requires multiple paid for pets to complete. I think its time to put up my staff and walk away... far away. This was the final nail in the coffin.
    Yeah, other people having level 90s has absolutely nothing to do with your own gameplay. Get over yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

$50 was the very top end of what I personally would have been willing to pay. But eh, I have 8 90s already with one coming whenever I get the xpac. $60 is unreasonable to me, but if it's not just a placeholder and people are willing to pay it, more power to Blizzard I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Come to Detroit for the beer and crumbling architecture.

Stay in Detroit because someone stole your passport.

$60 jeez. paying $20 for a 90 boost is way too much. although im sure most people would do it.

Time to wait for my game time to run out, abandon the sinking ship, and run to the hills.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."