Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Until blizzard officially says what the price is - i would not take anything that "people saw for a few minutes" as final.

60$ sounds way way way too much, the more realistic price would be around 20$.
    That is way too low to expect, mate. Remember, this is a blank character - you can place it on any server, any faction, any race, any class, you have more ilvl than a new lvl 90. You are cheating by taking a shortcut through content that you already pay for.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    We need some sort of way to see if the character has been boosted to 90 through the paid service so we know who to vote kick in our dungeons.

Only if there is some way to mark you so I know to kick you from dungeon groups.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    I live in Washington. The minimum wage here is $9.32/hour. Let's assume it takes Dude A a total of a week of larding on chair to get to 90 and plays 10 hours a day 7 days for that week. That's a total of 70 hours(most hardcore MMO players will totally play more than this). 70x$9.32=$652.4. Theoretically, Dude A missed out on that amount of production just to level to 90. If he invested in this he could save himself $592! Whoa, math is great! What would you choose?
    You did not count the EXPERIENCE you get with that class. It only pays with time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    60$ sounds way way way too much, the more realistic price would be around 20$.
    In your opinion, yes. I think expecting it to be 20$ is completely delusional and out of proportion to their other services.

$60 seems fair.

The new feature will be a good time saver for progression guilds, considering they will be quickly able to roll an alt and gear it up for a needed class in raid in practically no time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I paid us$250 for a level 60 character in Vanilla from a friend who quit - I got his box, CD's, serial from him.

I once had 5 WoW accounts running consecutively, so us$60 is not a lot for a one-time boost.

Hell, I make a helluva lot more than that in an hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    I live in Washington. The minimum wage here is $9.32/hour. Let's assume it takes Dude A a total of a week of larding on chair to get to 90 and plays 10 hours a day 7 days for that week. That's a total of 70 hours(most hardcore MMO players will totally play more than this). 70x$9.32=$652.4. Theoretically, Dude A missed out on that amount of production just to level to 90. If he invested in this he could save himself $592! Whoa, math is great! What would you choose?
    Mine is even worse. My salary, cut down to hours, is $39.23 an hour, which means it costs me $2,746.10 for 7 hours a day, 10 days in a row. I save myself a crapload of money spending that $60 to skip it all!

60 dollars is fair. Also the main reason they are putting this service out there is because if they did not then people would be buying accounts just for the free 90 to transfer it to their main account. The 60 dollars is also a good bit cheaper than buying an account and paying for the transfer. The option being there is just that, an option and affects people who have no intent in using none whilst empowering people with less time and extra money to be able to get to end game / have alts.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've read a few pages and people complaining that this is to much, and RAF is cheaper

19.95+19.95 for mop? that's 40 dollars and it only gets you to what 85? so still have 5 levels to go. which is a few more ours running around.

I actually like this idea, $60 is not bad, I won't be buying it, since I have enough alts, but if I do need to its a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by Aullahh View Post
    You did not count the EXPERIENCE you get with that class. It only pays with time.
    If you think leveling a character to 90 one shotting mostly everything gives you real time experience on how to correctly play your class, then i must be missing something.

10+ Year Old Account
    For that amount, I would rather spend it on outdoor activities, such as downhill ski'ing.

Blizzard must be joking with that price, but then again I will never use those services anyways. I am sure there are plenty of cock$u%^%^s out there willing to spend their hard earned money on wastes like this. I hope those idiots boost 3-4 characters, and spend hundreds of $ so they may feel like proud pixilated heroes. I hope those that do, feel much better about themselves and at the same time come back to MMO forums to brag about their virtual prowess.

To Blizzard all I have to say is...
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Quote Originally Posted by cryptic662 View Post
    You guys can say what you want. I'm buying one as soon as its up. Enjoy your low level dungeons and outlands for the 12th time.
    Ya that doesnt make you cool dude, your edgy, "in your face comment" just makes you sound like a tool. Your promoting pay-to-win, which you need to be eradicated from this genre of game.

In all honesty, peoples snarky comments about how, "Oh atleast my wife wont leave me now because I dont level all dayzzzz!"

Or, "have fun playing low level dungeons again suckers for the 12th time." That one makes particularly no sense because with 12 toons you would already have a max of every character, which means any of the 10th would be novelty for your enjoyment, which would usually mean you enjoy leveling because you wouldnt level someone to end game to play it when you already have one! >.< Morons.

Theres no fucking argument you can use that would justify buying a max character, Blizzards best argument is weak at best, "Oh, we want new players to be able to jump right into the heart of the game." None of us were granted that before so which leads me to believe they are doing it purely for more money. Because their subs arent what they used to be, we all know that. They still make good money but not compared to their 12 million subscribers peak, so this is a good way for them to make some extra cash.

But for someone who has played for 7 years, I find it asinine. It doesnt effect my gameplay, no, unless you consider a ton more incompetent, level granted new players spamming your LFR and LFD effecting it then which yes it will, highly. But it just takes away from the whole experience of the game of getting to know the story a little, see the world, learn your character, get murdered by something WAY stronger then you. See the time they took to build beautiful, large landscapes and zones and dungeons.

I guess thats what an MMORPG is to me, well more or less an RPG, the immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Only if there is some way to mark you so I know to kick you from dungeon groups.
    Chances are the boosted 90s will be in mostly timeless gear except for the weapon and trinks, so if they join a group they will be easy to spot, that green weapon that is 480+ will be easy to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    I'll assume you're not an actual working adult or you'd know its not how things work.
    I am willing to be I make a lot more money than you and that is how things work. Any time you don't spend being productive(i.e. leveling to 90) is time you're spending not earning that money and losing it. I thought that was pretty simple to understand, but it seems a lot of people on here don't understand simple concepts like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethality View Post
    What do you mean, not have the time? Leveling is a fuckin' time sink -- it's not fun (to most). The content most of us are trying to get to is at level 90. Why on earth would I spend the time to level when I can pay $60 and eliminate all of the BS? It's got nothing to do with being hardcore/casual. You can be like that dick leveling to 90 on the Panda starting zone...is that hardcore or stupid?

This is a value proposition. You have to decide whether or not it's for you. My free time not leveling another toon from 1-90 is worth way more than $60 to me in a game I actually want to play.
    And this is what's wrong with this generation. None of you are willing to work for anything anymore. You need instant gratification.

$60 doesn't even fill my gas tank once. What the fuck are you people bitching about?

This is the same company that charges 15 dollars for a helmet transmog. Are you really surprised? Anyway nothing it stopping you from leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletpiston View Post
    Chances are the boosted 90s will be in mostly timeless gear except for the weapon and trinks, so if they join a group they will be easy to spot, that green weapon that is 480+ will be easy to see.
    What if a top 10 world guild player buys a character and runs a dungeon? Does that make him a shit player?

Quote Originally Posted by Lethality View Post
    $60 doesn't even fill my gas tank once. What the fuck are you people bitching about?
    You need a new car.

Quote Originally Posted by Siffi View Post
    Which achievement are you talking about?There is no pet av where you have to buy a pet for real money.
    iirc...Crazy Cat Man/Woman requires (in some fashion) the purchase of goods to acquire pets for the achieve.

I'm fine with it. If someone wants to pay $60 for a character more power to them.

I was hoping the price would be high since obviously it aims at someone who REALLY wants to avoid leveling, in a game that already doesn't take long to level in anyways. If it was $20, to even $30 I could see many people going out and actually doing it.

So again, good they made it cost as much as it does.