Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Yeah but can wow make ppl forget their problems for one night ?
    Helped me forget my troubles for almost a year.

Deleted
    but it was free and first place and i don`t have that much money!!!! :`````(

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla, BC, WotLK, and Cata = $20
    MoP = $20
    WoD = $60
    Insta90 = $60
    Mount = $20
    1 year sub = $180

A player that starts this year, and plays for 1 year, pays 360 dollars.

IF you've been with blizzard since the beginning...

Vanilla - $50
    TBC - $40
    WotLK - $40
    Cata - $40
    WoD = $60
    $15/month @ ~120 months = $1800 dollars
    Insta 90 = $60
    Mount = $25

If you've been around since the start, IE a loyal customer $2115.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    12 million box sales x 60. (not including battlechests, special editions, etc) 720 mil
    2 years (24 months) of 15$ a month by an average of 9 million player subs. 3.2 billion
    Excluding the payed character transfers, faction changes etc. They made 4 billion during MoP alone.

Thats 2 billion a year they could spend on content, armor models, extra servers, new technologies, etc.
    If anything (assuming what you say is right), Blizzard should be fucking ashamed that they made Mists of Pandaria like this when they had
    4 billion to spend.
    Your economics are a bit off. They have all kinds of overhead, and investors to pay off. Of that 4Billion, there is likely a $200M profit each year. But since it is their money and their company, I won't tell them how to spend it. Also, MoP needed no apology. Cataclysm on the other hand....

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Because you are raping the definition of 'pay to win' in order to make a point.
    It sounds like you just don't want to accept the fact that paying for advantages is alright when it comes to things that you yourself consider not to be a big deal lol. 90 levels is a huge deal for a lot of people out there though, rest assured. Plus part of it may be the blizzard apologist thing, but not sure how people can really defend this type of stuff? Again, that logic can easily suggest that selling gear is no big deal as well. We've seen other types of things such as transfers make servers ghost towns to the point where people that don't want to transfer have no choice, likewise we've seen faction changes essentially neuter world pvp, not sure how people can think this will lead to good things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    MoP = $20
    WoD = $60
    Insta90 = $60
    Mount = $20
    1 year sub = $180

Vanilla - $50
    TBC - $40
    WotLK - $40
    Cata - $40
    WoD = $60
    Insta 90 = $60
    Mount = $25

you forgot that you can exclude the insta 90 cause in the end it comes with WoD for free

Because you are raping the definition of 'pay to win' in order to make a point.

I guess it depends on when they go on sale. If it is before WoD then i don't know how anyone can say buying a max level character is not pay to win. I do know people will be lining up to say it is not on these forums tho.

$60 is laughably high imho. I guess they are not satisfied at being only 7th in microtransaction sales last year even with a sub fee. Guess they are aiming for the stars now. It is outrageous that they would sell characters anyways but i guess their own greed may mitigate some of the damage.

It's an easy choice for me.

I could buy a level boost to 90... or purchase a brand new copy of Elder Scrolls Online (or any ES game for that matter...)

Yeah, I'm choosing content over a MMORPG convenience which its novelty will wear off in 2 hours.

Yes, because there is a big difference.
    If Blizzard sold this for 15 euro, everyone would feel forced to buy it and hardly anyone would level.
    By giving it a low price they would destroy their own content to earn more money.
    That's the EA-way!

Do you think this feature will sell well?
    Do you think millions of players will upgrade 2+ characters to 90 with this?
    By giving it a high price-tag they prevent this from being overused.
    Blizzard doesn't want everyone to use this.
    EA wants everyone to use their "cheats".

So no, it's not similar.
    Why would a lower price point mean that players would feel forced to purchase this service? More people might use it but I doubt they would feel forced.

Your whole argument borders on the ridiculous people want to skip the levelling content because they do not enjoy it and somehow because Blizzard attach a prohibitive price, equal to a new AAA title, you think this is better than charging $15!?

I would imagine that the target audience already has many level ninety characters and coupled with boost bundled with WOD that charging less Blizzard would not make additional money through volume so, no, I do not think that millions will upgrade two or more characters. Of course Blizzard want people to use this service they would not be advertising it by offering a bundled boost with WOD, have placed a shop button on the character selection screen or be talking about it several months out from WOD if they did not want as many players as possible to use the service.

Both Blizzard and EA want to try to make as much money from their customers as possible yet you try to portray one company as bad whilst excusing and defending the actions of the other which charges more for similar services.

Deleted
    well i guess mike wants to buy another private island

To be honest

60$ is not a high price. Think at the European players ... 60 EUR(82$) or 60 GBP(100$)

Also this is not a pay to win. You don`t win anything. You are low geared and still missing 10 lvls. I don`t see the win in this.
    The way i see it, this is Pay to Save Time.
    Last edited by cashcate1; 2014-02-18 at 08:58 PM.

Deleted
    good, if they're going to sell it i would rather it was expensive.

not worth it to me, you're better off finding someone to RaF with and RaF to 85 using the free 30days and then level the rest in a few days.

Deleted
    MoP = $20
    WoD = $60
    Insta90 = $60
    Mount = $20
    1 year sub = $180

Vanilla - $50
    TBC - $40
    WotLK - $40
    Cata - $40
    WoD = $60
    Insta 90 = $60
    Mount = $25

i pay on cigarettes 2$k in 2 years , wow is yet the cheapest hobby i have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    i pay on cigarettes 2$k in 2 years , wow is yet the cheapest hobby i have.
    You consider smoking a hobby?

10+ Year Old Account
    You consider smoking a hobby?
    Hell, some people call it a career.

If i was to come back and play i'd pay $60 bucks for a 90 boost any day. leveling to 90 is the most mind-numbing experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    It sounds like you just don't want to accept the fact that paying for advantages is alright when it comes to things that you yourself consider not to be a big deal lol. 90 levels is a huge deal for a lot of people out there though, rest assured. Plus part of it may be the blizzard apologist thing, but not sure how people can really defend this type of stuff? Again, that logic can easily suggest that selling gear is no big deal as well. We've seen other types of things such as transfers make servers ghost towns to the point where people that don't want to transfer have no choice, likewise we've seen faction changes essentially neuter world pvp, not sure how people can think this will lead to good things.
    I always read this argument and I always comes to the same conclusion, it is illogical and retarded.

Pay to win, again is the act of purchasing things that provide an unfair advantage. When you see the scope and design of World of Warcraft comparing buying level 90 with purchasing gear is like comparing apples to space shuttles.

Levelling to 90 is first not challenging and most importantly there's no competition behind it (especially now that in wod there won't be any First Realm for level 100, if devs did not change idea about it) so the part about "win" suddenly lose every single ounce of significance (because there's nothing to win by reaching 90) in the grand scheme of thing.

As for now levelling to 90, paying it or not, is not achievement and has absolutely no significance

Gear is about power and power is about competing in raid progression or PvP. Buying items would be a -huge- deal because it would totally unbalance raid progression competition, purchasing a level 90, now that we're at the end of expansion and it WON'T be max level with WoD has absolutely *NO IMPACT* whatsoever
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2014-02-18 at 09:00 PM.

Deleted
    Recently did the complete math for myself. Spent around $8.500 on WoW so far including all the services/stuff I bought.
    No regrets, though.

Activisions price:60
    Blizzards: 5

Greedy activision fucks in a nutshell.

60 isnt high enough.
    20 is a joke, if it only cost 20 EVERYBODY would do it, and half the game is pre max lvl, its where you learn to play the class, if you dont needa learn your class to get to 90 just imagine how many more bad's their will be in the game, itd be an even bigger mess.

for 90 boost to work they needa make it so if you can afford it, you can only afford one.
    a good goal for blizz would be to put a price tag a lil higher on it to ensure poeple (most) just get the one if any at all.

if it stays at 60 its gonna fawk things up imo, itd allow you to hop onto a new server, make a lvl 1 warr a lvl 1priest and a lvl 1 hunter, 180$ later you can join an end game raid and fill Any role(something that even after 8years of playing i cant do yet(working hard gettting my monk to 90 for just 15$ a month atm))

and lets be truthfull, for 180$ you can do WHAT EVER YOU WANT fill any role, THATS CHEAP. in the past people woulda spent 500$+ for some toons(granted it violates tterms of use) ppl spent that money because lvling is a needed process no one wants to do, so if you realy refuse to do it and still want that toon, get ready to dish out some serious coin