Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't know why people are complaining ? If it is too expensive for you... don't buy it ? It is easy and fast as hell to level from 1-90. Don't be crybabies.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Roamingstorm View Post
    Which I think is the point they're making.

For instance looking at a franchise such as Mass Effect.

In Mass Effect 2 and 3 they had put in a comic book style DLC that allowed you to go through a 15 minute story going through every major event and allowing you to make your decisions with out playing the previous games. Now with that being said it made it to the point where you didn't have to play through the previous games that could last nearly 6 or more hours into 15 minutes. Inevitably skipping most of the game.

Now obviously comparing apples and oranges when it comes to either of these franchises, but it does still make sense that you're paying to skip content, which is what I think the point they were coming across.

Of course the end game is what most people want to jump into, especially if it's an alt, which is why I have no problem if someone wishes to skip A and B to get to C.
    Yeah, I don't dispute that it's skipping, I'm just not getting why people are getting up in arms about it. It's both nosy and irrational.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    It would have had to be higher then a server and faction change which is $55. Why are you all surprised?
    I didn't even think about this but that's a great point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    This is correct, but it does not work like that for multiplayer games.
    Using your logic you can meet an overpowered player in arena that will insta kill you and you just "stop obsessing over what other people are doing with their time and money and game experience".

And even in single player games a cheater is a cheater. No obsession, it's not your business really. Just if someone tells you that he managed to beat the game faster than you and when you wonder how come he tells you than he hacked his way through 90 levels out of 100, you can say "Ah, so you are a cheater!".
    It's just a word to describe curtain actions. Not a big deal.
    You take the concept of paying for a free 90 and you add other variables which are not part of the original equation. How does paying for a level 90 make a character overpowered in Arena? I don't think receiving a set of 384 greens is going to tip the scales in their favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatahe View Post
    Hahaha no way anybody is paying 60 dollars.... 20 sound expensive already, at least to me...
    I don't play the game anymore, but it really doesn't sound unfair at all. 15 dollars to change the way your character looks is fucking ridiculous, the 10 dollar name change is even more so, but this is one charge I don't think is 'overpriced'. I wouldn't use it personally (well, I also have every class at 85+ but monk) but if you don't think there are people out there that would do this, then you're mistaken. Time is an important factor for a lot of people, if the alt is something they really want but they really hate leveling and it's like a chore to them, then perhaps the 60 dollars is well worth it.

Deleted
    90 levels. Costs more than what the box and subscription does together.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. 60 bucks is low enough that I will buy several and high enough to keep those purchases spread out
    Wrath baby and proud of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Y
    I didn't even think about this but that's a great point.
    Yeah, we were trying to use this to reason with them towards the beginning of the thread but they stuck the ol' proverbial fingers in their ears and just kept repeating themselves about how evil Blizzard is and how "Fanbois are getting robbed" etc etc. It started to get kind of embarrassing after a bit.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

If this goes live at the same pricing in the EU (just as everything else is priced the same way just in Euros) that would be the equivalent of 82$. That is quite a chunk of money. So hopefully it will prevent a flooding of cash leveled nubs.

I will probably buy a level 90 hunter, as I always wanted one, but I despise leveling. So will see how this turns out...

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Son, if you believe that, then you're REALLY not playing the right MMORPG.

I suggest playing others where it's about the adventure, scenery, camaraderie of people and enjoyment of the game. Warcraft's content is to push the "gotta upgrade!" mentality.

Tell me, what's the point of getting the gear in a raid then if that's not the purpose? Tell me how many people YOU believe would still raid if there was no gear that drops?

Because, son, let me point out Challenge modes and how SOOOO few people play those - and sadly the reason is because Blizz has pushed this mentality of their game to be about the gear-grind.
    I don't wanna be that guy, but challenge modes are boring and not why I enjoy raiding. I was the priest who stayed in 8p T2 for Naxx40. Gear is unimportant. Gathering 20/25/40 people and defeating a boss that few have defeated is why I raid. I like the challenge, the gear is merely secondary. It's not adventure or scenery, it's that this MMO has the only flourishing endgame raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I don't know why people are complaining ? If it is too expensive for you... don't buy it ? It is easy and fast as hell to level from 1-90. Don't be crybabies.
    There is a difference between being a crybaby and giving credit where credit is due. We don't have to be whining in order to clearly see that it is overly expensive.

Time is money. -Ben Franklin

Disclaimer - if you don't currently control your own yearly income this post does not apply to you. If you are too young to even work, again this post does not apply to you. that being said...

For the folks in the US lets make this about cost vs minimum wage. ($7.25 per hour)

Now at the current minimum wage after the tax man gets his 34% cut
    $7.25 * 12.5 = $90.625 * 0.66 = $59.81

I chose minimum wage just to try to give perspective that even at lower class income levels it is still feasible that 12.5 hours of work is less time consuming than the 1-90 time sink. I for one can't boost to 90 in 12.5 hours or less.

The choice of spending the money to save time is completely dependent on the persons current budget and living situation. I would wager that out of the millions of adults with full time income can see the value of this service even at the current leaked cost

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, we were trying to use this to reason with them towards the beginning of the thread but they stuck the ol' proverbial fingers in their ears and just kept repeating themselves about how evil Blizzard is and how "Fanbois are getting robbed" etc etc. It started to get kind of embarrassing after a bit.
    I don't see why it would have to be more expensive than those two combined... they are completely different services after all, that provide completely different things.

I seriously don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    It would have had to be higher then a server and faction change which is $55. Why are you all surprised?
    ...why? What does server/faction change have to do with auto deeming a level 90? The two are totally unrelated

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    There is a difference between being a crybaby and giving credit where credit is due. We don't have to be whining in order to clearly see that it is overly expensive.
    Because it's just an opinion. Sure you're entitled to it but that's all it is. You can feel however you want but it doesn't mean the price is wrong or provide any logical reason to think so. Basically it's a collection of people saying "I thought it'd be lower and I don't like that it's not" and using that to somehow fuel some theory about Blizzard "robbing" its customers.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

$60? Good. If it had been lower, like say $35, I might have been tempted to use it rather than play the game. At $60, it is simply a recognition that players will be able to get 90s in a roundabout way by buying the expansion multiple times, and will NOT be just a quick way for anyone to get as many 90s as they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it overly expensive?
    You don't need to have it. It's not bread, you're not a peasant. If it's too expensive for you guys, well, you'll get by just fine.

I like how completely detached from reality you people are, there are still those lazy people that can't be asked to level, so they'll go and buy one and at the end of the day Blizzard will still profit. Which I would like to point out, that, as a company, profit is their entire goal.

But please, keep complaining about an overpriced feature that nobody is forcing you to buy, when leveling is already one of the easiest things to do in this game, I would tell you to go a step further and compare it to theft, but that's already been done.

The entitlement mentality you people have disgusts me, I miss the days when you would be laughed off from forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    You don't need to have it.
    if you plan on playing the next expansion, you need to reach the appropriate level.

if blizzard finds they can charge people an additional $60 'entry fee' into the real content, they will do everything to discourage people from 'playing for free'. This means less heirlooms, higher XP requirements, reduced effects of rested experience, and an increase in grind all around.

dont be surprised if you see a line from blizzard in the near future 'People have been complaining about leveling too quickly through zones, or simply bypassing them entirely after a single dungeon, so we have decided to reduce/remove the XP from dungeons & BG, and increase the XP required from levels 1-90'.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    You don't need to have it. It's not bread, you're not a peasant. If it's too expensive for you guys, well, you'll get by just fine.

I like how completely detached from reality you people are, there are still those lazy people that can't be asked to level, so they'll go and buy one and at the end of the day Blizzard will still profit. Which I would like to point out, that, as a company, profit is their entire goal.

But please, keep complaining about an overpriced feature that nobody is forcing you to buy, when leveling is already one of the easiest things to do in this game, I would tell you to go a step further and compare it to theft, but that's already been done.

The entitlement mentality you people have disgusts me, I miss the days when you would be laughed off from forums.
    I could see your point when WOW was a cutting edge MMO. It is a default MMO these days. People play it because there is nothing new to rival it. I would be upset if Wildstar or Elder Scrolls Online offered character leveling. I am not upset that WOWis doing it. I would like EQ2, DDO, LoTRO, SWTOR or RIFT to do it as well.

People do not play WOW to see something new, they play it to see something old. Having a new character to do that with makes sense from a business perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    if you plan on playing the next expansion, you need to reach the appropriate level.

if blizzard finds they can charge people an additional $60 'entry fee' into the real content, they will do everything to discourage people from 'playing for free'. This means less heirlooms, higher XP requirements, reduced effects of rested experience, and an increase in grind all around.

dont be surprised if you see a line from blizzard in the near future 'People have been complaining about leveling too quickly through zones, or simply bypassing them entirely after a single dungeon, so we have decided to reduce/remove the XP from dungeons & BG, and increase the XP required from levels 1-90'.
    They wouldn't do that, they're on thin ice with the paid 90s anyway, that would just be too obvious. Also WoD flat out gives you a free 90, not to mention, leveling without heirlooms is still a complete joke with the XP nerfs, properly itemized gear from quests, removal of elite quests, etc.

Trust me, I hate this payed 90 bullshit too, but to complain about the price as these people are, and basically feeling like Blizzard owes them, is ridiculous.