Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    i cant wait to buy myself a nice little tank & head straight into LFR for an epic wipefest lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    i cant wait to buy myself a nice little tank & head straight into LFR for an epic wipefest lol
    Because rushing through a lot of low level dungeons with a ton of heirlooms taught people how to play their class properly, right? Right?
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-02-19 at 09:19 AM.

With heirlooms i takes around 2 days of playime from 1-90 with no elixrs and without getting bosted/raf. Some of you are making this a bgger deal than what it is, leveling aint the same as it was back in vanilla yo.

Sadly with the boost Blizzard basically admits that the 1-90 content is junk, and that they won't need to bother updating it anymore. I actually love doing quests and leveling in WoW, has always been my favorite thing to do, so I also loved the 1-60 revamp in Cata. Many people hated it and just wanted more end game, but for me it was a nice opportunity to spend more time with alts, trying out races and classes I've never played before. Oh well, guess sacrificing a sense of accomplishment is worth the extra $$ for a company thats already using dollar bills as toilet paper...

Deleted
    Let's just hope this doesn't translate to 60 euro's. That would be absolutely ridiculous. cause 60 euro roughly is 80 usd.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Time is money. 60 dollars is a fair and cheap price. I would buy it if I wanted to play a new class.

Quote Originally Posted by fupr View Post
    Time is money. 60 dollars is a fair and cheap price. I would buy it if I wanted to play a new class.
    And people like you are why the game is dead. Congratulations!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jessy100 View Post
    Let's just hope this doesn't translate to 60 euro's. That would be absolutely ridiculous. cause 60 euro roughly is 80 usd.
    Since the mounts also cost 20€, I definitely wouldn't rule it out. Guess we'll have to wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't see the point of paying for a game and then paying again for not playing a rather substantial part of said game. o_O

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Sadly with the boost Blizzard basically admits that the 1-90 content is junk
    No they admit that not everyone likes to level and some would pay to skip that part.
    Last edited by Raven; 2014-02-19 at 12:52 PM.

It really is found money for blizz and tbh they could charge more and the saps would snap it up

Deleted
    I suspect the pricing is supposed to be around the same or just a bit higher than server transfer and faction change together. It would be a bit silly if it was cheaper just to boost a new character rather than server/faction change to a new place.

I m happy that they are atleast pricing it as high as an expansion so that people wont take it granted. I am glad blizz made it so !
    MOAR CHOCOLATE

10+ Year Old Account
    $20 to much imo. within a year the price will drop to $40. i bet.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Nickop View Post
    I don't see the big deal here i have leveled at least 5 characters to 90 and im honestly bored of doing it now, so if i want to spend 60 bucks one day to skip all of it whats the problem?
    This is how I see it...

If you buy a Lv90 boost you're considered a "cheater, noob, and EZmode player", regardless if you already have multiple 90 characters before hand. You should also be marked as a bad player, since obviously you're going to have no knowledge on how to play the class you had just gotten to 90, because you know the controls for the game switch on you for each new character you make. Let alone learning a rotation takes probably less then 5 minutes if you look on a website.

Now if you don't buy it you're "sticking it to the man". You're holding your ground and supporting the way for "good" players, since we all know the people who leveled to 90 now are all amazing. Obviously if you don't buy it as well you're too poor and cheap to spend $60, and in no way shape or form is it because you find $60 too expensive. Also ignore the fact that people may already have multiple 90 characters, let alone getting a free one with WoD, but they're dumb waiting for the free thing though.

How I view how people are reacting to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jessy100 View Post
    This is what concerns me. $60 is roughly £35, which IMO is at the top end of reasonable. £60 would be way over the top.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    $20 to much imo. within a year the price will drop to $40. i bet.
    They'd make more money keeping it as it is and putting up infrequent sales. $60 becoming, say, $30 for a week would compel a lot of people to drop some cash for bargain free characters.

I think the price is fair , a quick look at a third-party power leveling service from level 1 to 90 cost $140 . Blizzard is just trying to eliminate shaddy third-party sites and cash in at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Son, if you believe that, then you're REALLY not playing the right MMORPG.

I suggest playing others where it's about the adventure, scenery, camaraderie of people and enjoyment of the game. Warcraft's content is to push the "gotta upgrade!" mentality.

Tell me, what's the point of getting the gear in a raid then if that's not the purpose? Tell me how many people YOU believe would still raid if there was no gear that drops?

Because, son, let me point out Challenge modes and how SOOOO few people play those - and sadly the reason is because Blizz has pushed this mentality of their game to be about the gear-grind.
    First and foremost I am not your son. Second, when it comes to raiding the purpose is to get better and better to the point of dropping a boss, as fast as possible, with no wipes, while working together as a team. Your "raid gear" in epic purple is replaced by crafted greens/blues the very next expac. Everyone knows raiding is about skill and team play. Anyone who raids for gear is an idiot since RNG is a cruel mistress. As for playing other games, that is a weak argument. I happen to enjoy WoW. I enjoy it so much I've had 5 total accounts (3 at the same time) and have spent thousands of dollars between the boxes, the sub fees, race changes, faction changes, server changes, mounts, pets, and more. In fact, I've spent less on WoW in 7 years than I have on smoking (when I still smoked) in 2 years. I would say it was a much better investment. So, in my own personal opinion, speaking for no one but myself, anyone who raids just for gear, is an idiot. Raiding has so much more depth. Gear is just scratching that surface.

Deleted
    Oh, I'm gonna buy a Blood Elf Paladin, a Blood Elf Frost Mage and a Space Goat Shaman. Maybe two Paladins. Spiffy.