Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    It's almost humorous how some posters lack basic logic. They attack you by saying "stop crying, you are not affected if you don't pay for it" and they don't even see the irony hitting their skull with a sledgehammer:

It affects me because this is a multiplayer game, we are supposed to be on equal starting ground in a virtual world. If your rich daddy pays for you to violate the basic rules of the game then it's over.

I get their desperation for money though. The game is statistically dying. Google Trends consistently shows on it that the "Bell Curve" (for those that know statistics, the Normal Distribution) of its popularity clearly shows that it is at its dying end.
    Your post would've made sense if you didn't use the pathetic, obviously jealous argument that their "dad's" are paying for it. I mean, really? Are you really that ignorant? You base your whole post about "basic logic" then you come with such an argument? Really? You're really insulting your intelligence, badly. My goodness.

I mean dear god, people can't afford this, right? I'm buying this boost for two characters and I have to work roughly 2.5 hours for it in order to afford it. 2.5 Hours, to level two characters to 90? Definitively something I would do. Does this affect you in any way what so ever? Maybe if I was a horrible player and you grouped with me in raids in the future, but unlike some other people I actually know how to play this game (Not exactly strange, been playing it for 9 years).

So please, get your head out of your ass.
    Hi

My thoughts

1) It not meant to be used over leveling
    2) P2P + P2W is the future of WoW
    3) FF XIV ARR here I come

Deleted
    Blizz implemented tons on controversial features over the last nine years and after all the "I cancelled my subscription right now ! this game is broken" everybody accepts the new feature and play like they always did.
    50 pages of debating this will not change blizzard mind about implementing it or changing its cost.
    The impact of this feature on a game with 10 million players will be minimal.

Deleted
    In case you didn't get it: Nobody cares how much you make per hour. Bill Gates can not say "I do not care if they ask for $1,000,000,000 to give me an NBA title, I make more per year". That's not the rules of the game and violating them with money doesn't make it a game anymore, but a service.

Quote Originally Posted by Morceli View Post
    Blizz implemented tons on controversial features over the last nine years and after all the "I cancelled my subscription right now ! this game is broken" everybody accepts the new feature and play like they always did.
    50 pages of debating this will not change blizzard mind about implementing it or changing its cost.
    The impact of this feature on a game with 10 million players will be minimal.
    Not so.

The game had 12 mil. It has 7.8 mil now.

Go figure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morceli View Post
    9 out of 10 people here that say they are going to quit because of it won't do it anyway. All hat and no cattle. *shrug*

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's not the rules of the game and violating them with money doesn't make it a game anymore, but a service.
    Terms of Service agreement since day one would like to tell you that it has been a service since it launched. You also dodged everyone asking you to explain your obviously faulty post earlier. But hey, this is the internet...
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    It's almost humorous how some posters lack basic logic. They attack you by saying "stop crying, you are not affected if you don't pay for it" and they don't even see the irony hitting their skull with a sledgehammer:

It affects me because this is a multiplayer game, we are supposed to be on equal starting ground in a virtual world. If your rich daddy pays for you to violate the basic rules of the game then it's over.

I get their desperation for money though. The game is statistically dying. Google Trends consistently shows on it that the "Bell Curve" (for those that know statistics, the Normal Distribution) of its popularity clearly shows that it is at its dying end.
    It's cool. I'll feel superior over you in my 489 greens while I run around the island picking up chests with 496 purples in them. During those few hours while I'm downgrading my gear to 496 I'll know I'm vastly superior than you. Next instance reset I'll hop into a heroic garrosh kill topping meters over those in heroic warforged gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much /facepalm. If I had $1 for each time someone said "I would pay Blizzard to give me something that costs them practically 0.000000000001 in electricity" subsequently followed by them bragging how many $$ dollars they make per hour (so they are so successful), I would make way more than $60 per 90 minutes.

It's clear some of those posters are Blizzard, and some others are a minority that can not keep this game going.

The alternative is the game goes to a state of a couple of thousand subscribers paying blindly for anything.
    Why are you so threatened by how someone else chooses to spend their money and play their game? I've spent less on WoW in 7 years than I did on Marlboro in 2 years. If they offer a service, and I see value in that service, it is MY prerogative, and no one else's to use it. Are you also threatened by RaF and SoR? Those instant 80s must really be making things tough on your raids.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    It's cool. I'll feel superior over you in my 489 greens while I run around the island picking up chests with 496 purples in them. During those few hours while I'm downgrading my gear to 496 I'll know I'm vastly superior than you. Next instance reset I'll hop into a heroic garrosh kill topping meters over those in heroic warforged gear.
    You forgot that every 90 bought will personally delete a level 90 from that person's account. And it killed a puppy along the way. You evil, evil person.
    BAD WOLF

They still have more subs than any other MMO, be it subscription based or F2P; they're hardly hurting even before you look at the fees they rake in for server tfrs, race changes, faction changes, name changes, and the pets/mounts they already sold in the store. They did not need to sell insta-90s for $60 to stay afloat (which, imho, is a ridiculous price). Since I already have one of every class to 90 plus a few extras, I have zero need for the service and therefore don't think the high fee is a bad thing - think of people brand new to WoW buying a free 90 within minutes of starting - the added influx of noobs will be a giant pain.

One thing to think of, a Faction change is $30, a realm change is $25. So if you wanted to faction change a toon to a new server it would be $55. For $5 more you get to keep your original toon, and have a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhina View Post
    They still have more subs than any other MMO, be it subscription based or F2P; they're ...
    No. Check your facts. LOL, for example, has much more. Yes, LOL is an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Stornkin View Post
    One thing to think of, a Faction change is $30, a realm change is $25. So if you wanted to faction change a toon to a new server it would be $55. For $5 more you get to keep your original toon, and have a new one.
    Now THAT is a brilliant point.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not the rules of the game and violating them with money doesn't make it a game anymore, but a service.
    Not sure how you can Violate something which is offered as a service. They ask for $60 in exchange for a lvl 90 boost. I pay them $60 in exchange for a lvl 90 boost. I fail to see the violation. It may interest you to know:

vi·o·la·tion noun \ˌvī-ə-ˈlā-shən\
    : the act of doing something that is not allowed by a law or rule

: the act of ignoring or interfering with a person's rights

: the act of showing disrespect for something (such as a holy place) usually by damaging it
    Source

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you seem to think it means. If I bought my lvl 90 boost from someone OTHER than Blizz, it would be a violation.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    No. Check your facts. LOL, for example, has much more. Yes, LOL is an MMO.
    Uh, oh, so it's what, the second or third biggest? And LoL doesn't charge subs. WoW is still hardly hurting.

I bet the reason for this is so people will instead buy more copies of the expansion boosting there numbers for sales and subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhina View Post
    Uh, oh, so it's what, the second or third biggest? And LoL doesn't charge subs. WoW is still hardly hurting.
    Keep moving goalposts.

Lacks basic Logic -> Bolded your logical sentence there.....

It affects me because if there are more people spending 60 dollars to get 90's over leveling, Que times for BG's will go down. As more max level toons to participate in the only thing I enjoy at this point in wow, PVP

Why did you throw Bell Curve as an argument for the game dying too?

15+ Year Old Account

Now the truth comes out. I'm sorry that I'm successful in life but that doesn't mean services shouldn't be offered to those who can afford them. Services that have no balance effect on this game. Maybe I should just give my hard earned money to you so you can shutup? Would that help? No. You'd just continue complaining about Hunters not having mana anymore.