Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    While I think $60 is a little too greedy of a price point for this service; my favorite comment is when someone complains that level 90 boosts will result in players who do not know their class.

Because clearly what 5-mans, LFR and Flex are seeing an oversupply of right now are players well-versed in their class mechanics from the 1-90 grind. Right? Right?

Why do I get a feeling that alot of you forgot, that level cap in WoD is 100 and that level boost is just a shortcut. It's not providing you with a level cap character, therefore you gain no advantage over people who has leveled their level 90s by hand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcaffee View Post
    Uhm not sure if anyone has noticed this as I didn't read through all 9 pages but you get a free 90 when you buy the expac and this service will let you buy an additional 90 for $60 but why not just buy another expac copy????
    I mean I just googled it and MoP standard on release was $39.99 and I doubt they will increase that price by $20 for WoD as this would be insane and people will complain or just not buy it at all.
    Wont they just lock your account to the one copy of WoD to avoid that.

Look at all these people, joyously united in mocking anyone dumb enough to pay so much money to skip content they paid money for. This isn't really a feature at all, it's Blizzard's cheeky way of repairing the WoW community. Trolls, spammers, flamers, beggars, taunters, harassers: all those players formerly dedicated to ruining the WoW experience for everyone else will join together, grow past their provocations and their rudeness, and as one proclaim "LOL boost n00b for the loss".

Lets see if blizzard decides to force 1=1 charge for EU. Hope it is not 60$ = 60 Euro shit again. 60 Eu is not 60 dolars. wake up blizz.

Deleted
    I'm torn. On the other hand it's very expensive, so even though I don't believe the boost is pay to win it does seem rather money-grubbing to make it that pricey. On the other hand the reasoning behind the paid boosts are so that rather than having people just buy new accounts and getting new boosts from buying WoD they can cut out the middle man. In that light it's somewhat more reasonable. I won't be buying one at any price however so it doesn't affect me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcaffee View Post
    Uhm not sure if anyone has noticed this as I didn't read through all 9 pages but you get a free 90 when you buy the expac and this service will let you buy an additional 90 for $60 but why not just buy another expac copy????
    I mean I just googled it and MoP standard on release was $39.99 and I doubt they will increase that price by $20 for WoD as this would be insane and people will complain or just not buy it at all.
    Some people want more than 1 toon to be leveled through this method. If you purchase another expansion pack you need another account to throw it on, then you need to pay $25 to transfer it to your main account. Expansion plus transfer already costs more than the 90 boost, not counting sub fees/previous expansions/base game.

I'm surprised that they're doing this with 7 million subs, that's what's scary. F2P must be in their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixdraw View Post
    I am a little disappointed that it is not going to cost the lazy people more.
    By lazy, do you mean people with demanding full time jobs and families that want to try out a higher level character, but who have far more money than free time? Take, for example, a father who works 40-50 hours a week, coaches soccer for his daughter, volunteers at the local PTO and food pantry, but would like to play with his son who already has a level 90? Perhaps your definition of lazy is different than mine...

The time I would have spent leveling a toon I'm interested in is worth far more than this service. I, for one (and apparently in the severe minority), am happy to see this service, and I'm satisfied with the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggasson View Post
    This is not fucking pay to win...
    I'd like this stickied at the top of the thread if at all possible.

It's a prince intended to discourage people from just throwing money at a 90 boost. Even then it's an optional service that doesn't give any advantage at all, since you still need to learn the class you're boosting.

Calm down kids.
    "Imagine coming across a mentally disabled person who was not only drunk, high, but had a full frontal lobotomy leaving little to no intelligence left in their body.

He would be NORMAL, compared to me."

We still have a free character boost to 90 with WoD, right??

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    12 beautiful pages of people calling the Apocalypse, Armageddon, Ends of the Universe and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Contrary to popular belief not all of us work at McDonalds and actually can spend money frivolously every once in a while.
    Not everything is about how much money someone makes. For some it is how much players want to spend in the first place. Not many realize that there are people out there who throw not just hundreds, but thousandths of dollars at F2P games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's 3x that in Brazilian currency.

Deleted
    Good price imo. If it would be cheaper people would over use it.

Although I would rather not see character boost in effect at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Remnas View Post
    I'd like this stickied at the top of the thread if at all possible.

It's a prince intended to discourage people from just throwing money at a 90 boost. Even then it's an optional service that doesn't give any advantage at all, since you still need to learn the class you're boosting.

Calm down kids.
    Not to mention it does not provide max professions/gold/mounts etc. And it is right around the corner for having to level that 90 to 100.

Deleted
    I'm very disappointed about that high pricetag but I'm okay with leveling another toon from 1-90.

It's the price of a brand new game... WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Milch View Post
    Not to mention it does not provide max professions/gold/mounts etc. And it is right around the corner for having to level that 90 to 100.
    Exactly. The people crying about this are being completely over dramatic.
    "Imagine coming across a mentally disabled person who was not only drunk, high, but had a full frontal lobotomy leaving little to no intelligence left in their body.

He would be NORMAL, compared to me."