Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by subanark View Post
    I don't think they will make it too expensive. In fact I'm willing to bet that unlike previous xpacs, you won't need any previous xpac to play WoD. You simply buy it by itself and you can play. Otherwise any new player will want to buy 2 things to really just get 1. It might also be the case that anyone who upgrades instead of buying it standalone gets a free pet as a "Thank you" for purchasing the previous version.
    If im not mistaken someone asked them at Blizzcon if WoD would be a "stand alone" and they answered that they never intend to do that with any expansion.

They'll just lower the price of the previous expansions as the always do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Did I miss something, why are there multiple posts claiming that WoD is going to be $60?
    No but you missed "If they price WoD at $60..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    This shouldn't be in a subscription-based game to begin with.
    Why not?

And I want an answer more solid than either "It's a step to P2W" or "I'm already paying a subscription everything should be free."

$60 = boost to 90
    Bitch please.
    $40 id MAYBE consider it
    $30 ok
    $20 take my money

10+ Year Old Account
    I would think that $30-40 would be more reasonable. More expensive than a Blizzard Store mount, but less than an expansion. Though I suppose it's reasonable for those that have more money than time.

Does any other video game out there allow players to have the option to pay to get to max level?

$499.99 would be a good price. It would be similar to 3rd party character sales on chinese websites.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

15+ Year Old Account
    $60 = boost to 90
    Bitch please.
    $40 id MAYBE consider it
    $30 ok
    $20 take my money
    $700 dollar (?) = newest Iphone
    Bitch please
    $400 id MAYBE consider it
    $300 ok
    $200 take my money

People not understanding that with the free boost to 90 feature, anyone could take advantage of it by buying a new account under the same name, boosting a new character to 90, and then transfering it over:
    Bchest - $20
    MoP - $20
    WoD - ~$40 USD
    xfer - $25
    Total: $105

So the model is Cost of WoD < Cost of 90Boost (legitimate) < Cost of 90Boost (illegitimate)
    Which makes sense..

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    $499.99 would be a good price. It would be similar to 3rd party character sales on chinese websites.

Yet they offer you 85 dollars to buy your toon. Dem Chinese are sneaky sneaky wabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabi View Post
    No but you missed "If they price WoD at $60..."
    Not what I asked ... I asked where the people were getting that notion since all of the other xpacs have been $40.'

The fact that multiple people have said that implies a source for the arbitrary number.

The thing that bugs me about this is that it's the same price for a level 1 or a level 85.. it's worth it at level 1 because that is pretty much the price of doing recruit-a-friend and xfer.. but for a level 85, that is absolutely not worth it. Guess I'll level my toons even if I'm sick to death of leveling the same content.

They will make a ton of money when they will do their 50% rebate week though... everybody will wet their pants when they do it for 30$ lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hologram View Post
    I pretty much only spend my free time raiding at this point. I get 3 hours a night, 3 days a week, play maybe an hour or three combined in the other 4 nights a week. I don't have time to level a character. I would like to play a different class in WoD than my current classes. I have played around with different classes on the PTR and I consider myself a fairly exceptional player. I hate leveling new characters. Its taken me over 2 months of playing in my spare time to get to level 65 on my current alt. I am excited to skip 65-89 and start possibly playing a Paladin in WoD. Fuck me though, right? Clearly I don't play the game the same way you play, and that makes me wrong.
    As I said, leveling is a crucial part of the game. It's an RPG. What do you expect? Besides you spend more time leveling in single player rpg games.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Reasonable. Needs to cost more than the expansion.
    No... no, it doesn't. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. "You want a free level 90? Yup it's gonna cost $250!"

uh, WoD comes with a free 90, correct?

I assume the xpac will cost $39 or something. so why the hell would I pay $60 when I could just pay $39?

Deleted
    So, you get 1 free for the Expa but you can get more paying 60U$D?

Please tell me that this is just a one-time per account offer...

I can't imagine they would allow someone to just throw money at the game and instant-90 their way to all level capped characters.

I was curious so I added up the money Ive spent on this game.

Feb 2006-Feb 2014, approx $14 per month, 96 months - a few months off, 90 months * $14 - I do longer subscription times = $1260
    2 Realm transfers = $50
    3 race transfer = $75
    1 guild name change = $25
    1 mount = $25
    4 pets = $40

Relative to all that, $60 isn't much

Quote Originally Posted by Karot View Post
    I would think that $30-40 would be more reasonable. More expensive than a Blizzard Store mount, but less than an expansion. Though I suppose it's reasonable for those that have more money than time.
    It's an optional service. That means there is nothing like a reasonable price.

If you're thinking about boosting it shouldnt be decided from what it costs. It should be decided if you think the boost is worth the price. Thats is a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    uh, WoD comes with a free 90, correct?

I assume the xpac will cost $39 or something. so why the hell would I pay $60 when I could just pay $39?
    Because that is not the way it works. Think about it...