Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Ideally character boost should never have been implemented. It will only increase the number of players with no understanding of the game at all (like 12 year old spoiled kids who make their parents pay). However as it is happening, the higher the price the better. And 60$ is more that I would have hoped for.

Deleted
    They should lower the cost for realm migration and faction change now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xLapinx View Post
    I think they should have raised the price alot higher IMO. Going to see alot of noobs running around in dungeons that really have no idea what they are doing with that class. If they aren't noobs more power to them.

It's really not that hard to lvl. People really shouldn't cry about that price of getting a character to lvl 90 with just 60 bucks. They are nice enough to give you that price.
    Dungeons? Have you tried MoP dungeons recently? They are so easy at this point you can have five clueless noobs hacked by their drunk grandmothers run the instance blindfolded, and still cruise comfortably through. What the heck does it matter if someone shows up who is actually a true noob?

Secondly, have you tried running levelling dungeons lately? At this point, the tank effectively soloes it with everyone else just on autorun trying to keep up. Are you really saying there is any "learning the class" involved in running level-up dungeons (Vanilla-Cata)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousGeorge View Post
    Ideally character boost should never have been implemented. It will only increase the number of players with no understanding of the game at all (like 12 year old spoiled kids who make their parents pay). However as it is happening, the higher the price the better. And 60$ is more that I would have hoped for.
    Pretty sure very few people who are completely new to the game, 12 year old or not, stay many days beyond first contact with the toxic community that dominates LFD, LFR and BGs. The community has long ago killed off most newcomers by it's toxic elements being allowed to hold the game hostage, and that is why Blizzard has been forced to cater to the die-hards instead.

I don't know what is worse; the moronic price or the fact people are actually defending said moronic price. The very idea of paying to skip a good portion of the game is bad enough but for the price it is, it is even more pathetic.

Top marks to Blizzard's marketing department though. Sell a game, sell the ability to skip most of said game and still have people defend you at the end of the day. That's some CIA-grade mental conditioning they have managed to pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    This price is ABSURD! I'm always against screaming the sky is falling, but seriously, fuck you Blizzard. That's ridiculous.
    I agree! Blizzard is CRAZY for wanting $60 to cut out The original game and 4 expansions worth of content! It should be cheaper! IN fact we shouldn't have to play the game AT ALL! We should just be able to go into warlords and and have EVERYTHING automatically done for us!

Seriously guys? This crap shouldn't even be in the game to begin with. All it is, is a shallow attempt to cash in as much as they possibly can before they lose any more subs. The sad part is some people are actually going to pay for this garbage.

Yes, it's overprice, but who cares? If someone has too much money to spend, let them support Wow, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousGeorge View Post
    While I'm sure that will happen. One would assume those kids are already playing the game. If they have no understanding of how to play then this certainly isn't going to change it.

I'll be buying myself a 90. I've already got almost every class to 90 but 2 or 3. If you really think the fact that I didn't level a character means I won't be good at it, that's just ridiculous. Leveling doesn't at all make you understand how to play, reading/researching/caring does. I had a friend level a warlock using only drain life. He did just fine at 90 because he went and researched how to play the class once he hit 90. Plus I've gotten a character boosted with RaF before, still understood how to play that one too.

Personally, I've been playing since WoW came out. I will never level a character from 1-90 again. I just don't have the free time to do it. I can research while on the bus/cooking dinner/etc but I can't level a character during that time (at least, not at all quickly). I'd rather use my time doing something I actually enjoy, like playing with my friends who are also 90 and need a tank.

15+ Year Old Account
    skip most of said game
    Leveling a toon is, if you continue to play that toon after that, only a very low % of the game. It is not "most of the game". Today it is a small but dull and boring fregment of the game.
    I have ~ 300 days of ingame playtime on my main (since 2005). I roughly spend 3 IngameDays for leveling in MoP, 3 days for Cata, 5 for WotLK, 5 for TBC and 15 for Classic. Thats 31 days,
    So i spend 10% of the ingametime for leveling. Thats not most of the game. And that was when leveling was current thing to do. Today you spend 3 days to 90, so you will geht to 10% or even lower at no time.

Wow just wow. So happy that i dont play this game anymore. So sad to hear that blizzard only is about the money these day. So happy i got to play wow when it was good, fresh and hard. Rip wow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Occasus View Post
    While I'm sure that will happen. One would assume those kids are already playing the game. If they have no understanding of how to play then this certainly isn't going to change it.

I'll be buying myself a 90. I've already got almost every class to 90 but 2 or 3. If you really think the fact that I didn't level a character means I won't be good at it, that's just ridiculous. Leveling doesn't at all make you understand how to play, reading/researching/caring does. I had a friend level a warlock using only drain life. He did just fine at 90 because he went and researched how to play the class once he hit 90. Plus I've gotten a character boosted with RaF before, still understood how to play that one too.

Personally, I've been playing since WoW came out. I will never level a character from 1-90 again. I just don't have the free time to do it. I can research while on the bus/cooking dinner/etc but I can't level a character during that time (at least, not at all quickly). I'd rather use my time doing something I actually enjoy, like playing with my friends who are also 90 and need a tank.
    Soon people like you will say: I dont have time for raiding! I want to buy items for real money!

seriously either you got time to play or not

you know whats funny? blizzard bans people who use levelling services/buy gear

and then they do it themselves.

the hypocracy...

Deleted
    I was expecting this price, or close to it, so no surprise there. Might be buying one, I can't stand the leveling after 4 chars.

*Tinfoil hat on* maybe they made the leveling so boring, so they could successfully sell this feature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowninjax View Post
    I see it like this, If you have 5 Subscribers. 1 out of 5 only would buy the $60 boost because the price range is a bit high. If they lowered it to about $20-25 like the other services 3 possible 4 out of 5 would buy the boost then. I think it'll be better profit to lower it in the long run.
    I have a question, don't you think they have done this analysis?

You know a company like blizzard might have some accounts and business analysis people who work on stuff like this?

Do you think they just plucked a number out their ass like your currently doing?

Oh but wait your some random poster on MMO-C everything you say must be complete fact and undeniable correct.

./sigh

Deleted
    Great news, great idea, who wants to go through leveling when you have done the grind once, 1-85 is mindlessly dull after the first time, if you have the cash and want to skip the days of repetition, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    you know whats funny? blizzard bans people who use levelling services/buy gear

and then they do it themselves.

the hypocracy...
    I said this day 1 of Vanilla WoW when Blizzard declared multi-boxing "legal" and I'll say it again; It's never an offence if Blizzard are making money off it.

15+ Year Old Account
    blizzard bans people who use levelling services/buy gear
    Do you call the cops when your wife shits at your toilet?
    I dont think so.
    Do you call the cops if a stranger sits in your bathroom sending a president down the white house?

the hypocracy...

Quote Originally Posted by pavulon View Post
    Soon people like you will say: I dont have time for raiding! I want to buy items for real money!

seriously either you got time to play or not
    I want to get a tank to 90 so that I can tank stuff for my friends. I've leveled enough characters to 90 to never want to do it again unless it's going to be a pretty social thing. I almost only ever game between 7-10 when I'm doing stuff with my friends. We always pick a game that sounds interesting to everyone for the night. For me to level a character would pretty much mean either gaming more than I already do (which I think is quite enough personally) or to get my group of friends to start new characters and level them together. And to make sure no one was left behind we'd have to make sure it was always the exact same group so that we didn't out level someone or have another friend want to join in for the night but is too high/low level and that whole group would have to be interested. We've actually been trying this. I've currently got a level 43 paladin leveled up. It's only taken the last two and a half months to do so as well!

I actually do currently say I don't have time to raid, and it's true. But I wouldn't buy gear. If the game ever got to that point I'd just quit and say "well I had fun". I've been playing this game long enough that it's mostly run it's course for me and I'm just playing because that's what my friends are doing. I still have fun playing, but without them I wouldn't care at all.

well this is way too much i honestly expected the price to be in the 20-30 euro range in line with all the other character services but this is hilarious, almost the price of a GTA5 copy and more than many steam games.

How many more Free to Play features can they add while still charging a monthly fee?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Occasus View Post
    I want to get a tank to 90 so that I can tank stuff for my friends. I've leveled enough characters to 90 to never want to do it again unless it's going to be a pretty social thing. I almost only ever game between 7-10 when I'm doing stuff with my friends. We always pick a game that sounds interesting to everyone for the night. For me to level a character would pretty much mean either gaming more than I already do (which I think is quite enough personally) or to get my group of friends to start new characters and level them together.
    Good news! You get a FREE 90 with WoD. Use that to level a tank to 90 so you can tank stuff for your friends.