Page 61 of 71 FirstFirst ...
11
51
59
60
61
62
63
... LastLast
  1. #1201
    Should be more.
    This shouldn't even be in the game as an option, only as last resource. They make the right call, IMO.

  2. #1202
    They are making this game so easy it's stupid! Next they are going to play for you for $100 lol, I'm glad i quit playing when i did because it's not worth my time or money any longer!

  3. #1203
    Quote Originally Posted by hiveNzin0 View Post
    Does anybody force you to use this boost ? No.

    That's the complete opposite of what you guys are trying to do : force the leveling process to other people because you want to experience the leveling process.
    I think that's a silly argument. Leveling is the most basic form of the incremental power increases that all RPGs are built upon. It's ridiculous to complain about "forcing" someone to play the game as it was designed. Was it wrong for Blizz to "force" players to level for all those years?

    And to anyone who makes the argument that Blizzard HAD to do this because otherwise people would just buy extra copies of Warlords and account merge, there's a simple fix for that: Flag every character that gets to 90 via the boost and only allow one such character per account.

    The problem with that solution however is simply that it is less lucrative.

  4. #1204
    Quote Originally Posted by deef View Post
    I consider this the same as buying gold, aka pay to win, I wont be using this service. But more $ for Blizzard is a good thing, means more content for us.
    Good joke! Did you consider professional comedy?

  5. #1205
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Leveling is boring, but at the end you get a reward = leveled character. By introducing this service the reward is severely diminished. It's no longer a leveled character, it's saving $60. That's not a very exciting reward in a game.
    Isn't that selfish ?

  6. #1206
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Hot damn. I guess it makes sense though. Pay full price for all the expansions to not play the game.
    I've "played the game" 9 times now. Starting to get tired of it.
    #blizzisevilebecausetheyarepreventingmefromenjoyingtheirproductswithapricetag #blizzardisprovidinganadditionalservicethatpeopleaskedforandthepeoplewhodidntaskforitarepi ssedbecausetheywanteverythinghandedtothemlikeentitledassholes #whydoessubwaycharge5bucksforasandwichwhenicouldeatmyneighborsdogshitforfree #mcdonaldsmakesenoughmoneyishouldgettheirfoodforfree

  7. #1207
    Price does not matter, option of paying to skip content (instead of fixing the content) is really sad in my eyes.

    Than again, i am not wow's target audience for a while now.

  8. #1208
    Brewmaster Klingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Parliament of the Daleks
    Posts
    1,400
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Sigh. No. The price is because *enough people will pay it*. More might pay $15 or something but they likely don't want to flood the game with 90s AND they probably aren't confident that they'd sell significantly more than 4x the number at that price.

    The price isn't about the database query anymore than the price of server or faction updates are about that.
    If you actually read my post past the first paragraph, you'd notice I actually made note of the deterrent factor. Christ sake, nobody can even read three short paragraphs anymore. We need to put Ritalin in the water supply or something.

    All I was trying to illustrate that when you have even a basic understanding about some of the mechanics behind something like WoW's web services then it all becomes a bit funny and the price tag takes on a different dimension of insanity.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

  9. #1209
    This was brought up earlier in the thread:

    Some people have more time than money.
    Some people have more money than time.

    For some people, they've played through the levelling content many, many, many times already. They've seen it all and done it all. This gives them an option to skip the days of levelling so that they can enjoy endgame content with their friends on a new character that they never would have had time to level. They look at those hours of time investment and decide that yes, they would gladly pay $60 to avoid doing something that at this point is boring, they've done a dozen times before, and doesn't offer them anything of value.

  10. #1210
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    This was brought up earlier in the thread:

    Some people have more time than money.
    Some people have more money than time.

    For some people, they've played through the levelling content many, many, many times already. They've seen it all and done it all. This gives them an option to skip the days of levelling so that they can enjoy endgame content with their friends on a new character that they never would have had time to level. They look at those hours of time investment and decide that yes, they would gladly pay $60 to avoid doing something that at this point is boring, they've done a dozen times before, and doesn't offer them anything of value.
    This. Impact on others ? None.

    They should even feel more rewarded because they did the leveling part the hard way.

  11. #1211
    Brewmaster Klingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Parliament of the Daleks
    Posts
    1,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    I've "played the game" 9 times now. Starting to get tired of it.
    I know the feeling. I got something like eleven 85's in Cata, but I only got one of them from 85-90 in MoP. Really enjoyed it the first time, but had no stomach for repeat servings.

    I'm looking at that $60 fee and thinking "Damn, that's only two hours pay. It'd take me 40-odd hours to level from 85-90! That's a good deal!"... But of course then I think "Shit. That's 60 bucks. That's a tank of petrol. That's a week's lunches at work."

    I'd like to see the price point shift depending on the level boost range personally, but I know it won't. It makes sense as a deterrent to over-use.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

  12. #1212
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by waddlez View Post
    Every American company has that policy.

    Also I doubt Europe is downgrading your salary to match USD, meaning a software dev making 80k USD is making 80k EUmonies. If you end up with less after tax income because of where you live, well then, change where you live.
    ?? why would eu downgrade my salary ??? Not al countries are having the same salary settings. It's normal for shipping stuff from US to EU and a lot is from TAXES. But for a DIGITAL upgrade EU have to pay more then US ???

    There are a lot of countries in EU that would love to have the same salary of the normal US worker.

    PS : an example , if i would want to get drunk in norway i would have to work a week for it
    Last edited by dolfke; 2014-02-19 at 01:18 PM.

  13. #1213
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfke View Post
    So we (EU) will pay 83 dollar for this. That's 17 euro's more then usa. Rly why do they keep f**king us and why do we still let them do it ?

    - - - Updated - - -


    because blizzard policy is 60 dollar = 60 euro
    But in practice 60 euro is 83 dollar
    You haven't seen the comparison of the Blizzard Shop in the US and EU lately, have you? They aren't like how you say it is, a mount for example is 25 dollars there and it costs in Europe 20 euros. Do a bit more research.

  14. #1214
    I am Murloc! Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,769
    So...unless i'm wrong, US servers have the option for free/paid Level 90 and EU servers don't? I can't find the option anywhere.
    The first thing I remember about the world — and I pray that it may be the last — is that I was a stranger in it.” - Malcolm Muggeridge, Apologia pro vita sua (1968)

  15. #1215
    Quote Originally Posted by hiveNzin0 View Post
    Isn't that selfish ?
    No it's a fact. The reward is diminished. Selfish would be if the community was singling ppl who use this service out, refuse to play with them like it happened with the transmorg gear from cash shop.

    My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

  16. #1216
    So they are charging the Price of a Full Game, so you don´t have to play the Full Game? That is kinda... I dunno.

  17. #1217
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    I think that's a silly argument. Leveling is the most basic form of the incremental power increases that all RPGs are built upon. It's ridiculous to complain about "forcing" someone to play the game as it was designed. Was it wrong for Blizz to "force" players to level for all those years?
    That doesn't really hold water. Most Computer RPG's have cheats out there that allow you to give your characters gold or xp in order to remove the tedium of levelling. Whether it's through a third party program, or via built in console cheats that you have to go enable, doing everything from scratch in an electronic rpg has never been a sacred cow.

    And I've been part of numerous paper RPG games/campagins where the game master wanted to run something that was higher level, but our 'normal' characters were too low level, so we were either allowed to create new higher level characters, or boost our existing ones so we could have some fun. Or a character suffers perma death, or wants to play another class, so the DM allowed them to rejoin the group with a new toon that had been boosted.

    Gaming is supposed to be fun, not some inflexible and rigid system that must be done the same way every single time. Fudging the rules in the name of a better game is an old and time honored tradition. You may not like it, and you certainly don't have to participate in it, but that doesn't give you or anyone else the right to tell others that they can't. Everything is always ultimately up to the GM's discretion, and in this case, Blizzard is our GM.

  18. #1218
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    No it's a fact. The reward is diminished. Selfish would be if the community was singling ppl who use this service out, refuse to play with them like it happened with the transmorg gear from cash shop.
    Why wouldn't you feel more rewarded ? After all, you did have the courage to do the boring leveling in WoW compared to others who just decided to pay.

  19. #1219
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Some people have more time than money.
    Some people have more money than time.
    .
    This.
    I like leveling, I won't use it. People who hate leveling can use it. Don't see any problems there.
    My reward won't be affected.

  20. #1220
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by OniRyo View Post
    You haven't seen the comparison of the Blizzard Shop in the US and EU lately, have you? They aren't like how you say it is, a mount for example is 25 dollars there and it costs in Europe 20 euros. Do a bit more research.
    ty for the respons , i didnt do my research . Just saw it couple of page's ago that in the past blizzard did dollar= euro , but it was more for diablo stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •