Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Because there are FEW legit players with this kind of money.
    You would be surprised at the amount that actually do have this kind of money.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    thought it would be chepaer but i guess the price is high enough to make people think about levelling a toon the hard way ( which is not so hard nowadays) or just drop 4 months of sub to get an insta 90
    but now kinda scared in 1 2 years we are gonna see store selling gear etc ... thanks ACTIVISION Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Jaen View Post
    Haha, what this guy said. I'm definitely not paying $60 for ONE character to 90, when I can wait for one of their sales, pay $80, and have THIRTY characters to 85 in 90 days.

I just find the price laughable. I don't mind leveling, though I might have been convinced to buy a boost for a couple of characters, if it had been less than what I thought it would have been. I was thinking around $40. $60 is just stupid.
    Then do that and pay for someone to power level you the last 5 levels?
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who's complaining about the $60 price is retarded.

#1: The cheapest power-leveling service I could find charges $140 for 1-90... over twice the price.

#2: It takes 80 to 100 hours to level to 90... for some people, a lot longer. Blizzard is charging the equivalent of $0.75 a hour to level your character. Would YOU accept a rate of $0.75 an hour to level characters? I sure as hell wouldn't!!

#3: If there was no 'barrier to entry' every stupid failure of a person would have tons of instant 90's. Do you REALLY want that many people who have no clue how to play their class running around? At least it'll be cut down by the fact that someone REALLY has to want it enough.

If you think Blizzard is being greedy... how else are they suppose to make sure its a BIG decision for people? Sell it for $10 and limit it to one a year?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    As this is an optional service (like any other service Blizzard supply) it won't affect me

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    That's uh... that's nice. I guess. Shouldn't it be... I dunno, significantly cheaper than buying a battle chest, a copy of WoD, and a character transfer?
    Standard wow + most recent expansion + character transfer = $85. This is $25 cheaper.

Deleted
    This is not fucking pay to win...

So, how long do you guys think until Greedzzard gives in and lowers the price?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Now that's just stupid. Thought about resubscribing, but seeing how Blizzard actually decided to move to pay-to-win model, I'm not going to.
    Is being 90 all that it takes for you to consider yourself a winner?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeu View Post
    Rather buy RAF and level that way...
    buy raf for 30, then transfer to a old account for 25 .. so $55 and ~20 hours.. or $60 in 20 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    That's uh... that's nice. I guess. Shouldn't it be... I dunno, significantly cheaper than buying a battle chest, a copy of WoD, and a character transfer?
    It is. $20 for Battle Chest...$40 for MoP...$40 for Warlords...$25 for Character Transfer = $125

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this an early April Fool or totally legit?

Uhm not sure if anyone has noticed this as I didn't read through all 9 pages but you get a free 90 when you buy the expac and this service will let you buy an additional 90 for $60 but why not just buy another expac copy????
    I mean I just googled it and MoP standard on release was $39.99 and I doubt they will increase that price by $20 for WoD as this would be insane and people will complain or just not buy it at all.

Perfect price IMO, high enough that it incentivizes players actually going out and leveling, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by merkxbutch View Post
    So this is what World of Warcraft the game i have loved for 6 years is turning into...... I'm disgusted, i have spent 6 years levelling up all my characters and enjoying the game BUT! now you can just spend $60 POOFFFF lvl 90 character be ashamed at what you are becoming =(A pay to win game soon!) THANKS BLIZZARD ITS NICE KNOWING YOU!
    When did having a 90 mean winning. Get a grip...it's just a toon. Still have to play it. There are thousands of 90s running around failing at LFR already. Only thing I like about this option is if the people that would use this feature spend the 60 on a toon maybe they will not be able to pay for the gold they normally buy too.

Now that's just stupid. Thought about resubscribing, but seeing how Blizzard actually decided to move to pay-to-win model, I'm not going to.
    It sounds like we are better off without you then.

It isn't pay to win at all. You arent buying any gear, you aren't buying progression, you are just buying a max level toon that they throw through a tutorial on how to play it so you can play the content that is current. For a lot of people that want to try out other classes but didnt have the time to level them, this is perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GodTier View Post
    Then do that and pay for someone to power level you the last 5 levels?
    Pfft, no way. I power level myself. Five accounts and spamming Stormstout queues. I have 34 level 90's and about 8 more who will be 90 within the next 3 weeks.

If you can boost RAF you get for 30 dollars as many 85's as you can make on one account at roughly 2 per 5 hours plus a mount/pet.

-Nish
    I don't know everything about baseball. Most people don't know 'everything' about baseball. People fall into two two categories. Person A will, when they see I don't know something, try to explain it to me in detail so I understand it. Person B will use their knowledge to make me out to be stupid. Person B is no friend of mine.

Deleted
    Where do you see pay to win?? have few 90s its win?
    And its gonna be changed 100% bc 60$ its just nonsense!!

this price is kinda high i was expecting like 40$-45$.. but i mean they charge 15$ just for the cosmetic helms.. so it's not like i didn't see this coming.. just kinda lame that blizz will always overcharge stuff.. but business comes first it's just how it will always be