Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    so for every toon i would want to boost i could buy a whole new game to play, why would i want to keep playing wow?

It's hard to say its not a reasonable price when there isn't a single person that knows what it comes with. We dont know how developed the character is going to be, if it starts with gold, a legendary cloak/meta, or the ilvl of the gear it will come with. What about professions and riding skill? Glyphs? Enchants/Consumables?

Then you have to keep in mind that they only initially agreed to have it a purchasable option because they knew *some* players would just buy another copy of wow and work around not having a direct feature anyway. This, to me, indicates that they arent actually all that keen on the idea of players considering the boost as a go to under normal circumstances. They want players to feel like it's still worth leveling instead of giving incentive for players to mass harvest "Purchase Now Alts." The price tag only reinforces these ideas.

Deleted
    All chars on 90 so /care, price is to high to make a mass-90 hysteria(well.. more or less) So I call there doing it to kill the Ebay - powerleveling character market

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    I expected $50 but $60 is good too.

You have to understand the reason Blizzard is selling 90s is to prevent people from buying a second copy of WOD to get a 90. Let's examine that cost.

MOP Battlechest let's say $20
    WOD let's say $40
    Transfer the new 90 to your Main Account, we know that is $25
    Total cost of a 90 $85

So you see Blizzard is actually offering you a discount. They are taking LESS MONEY to make it more convenient and to avoid artificially inflating WOD sales numbers.

So any cries of greedy Blizzard are just myopic foolishness.
    Exactly this. Even when they discount the price of previous expacs as they always do to attempt to attract new users, the price will still be around $60 total

Quote Originally Posted by Novamourne View Post
    It's hard to say its not a reasonable price when there isn't a single person that knows what it comes with. We dont know how developed the character is going to be, if it starts with gold, a legendary cloak/meta, or the ilvl of the gear it will come with. What about professions and riding skill? Glyphs? Enchants/Consumables?

Then you have to keep in mind that they only initially agreed to have it a purchasable option because they knew *some* players would just buy another copy of wow and work around not having a direct feature anyway. This, to me, indicates that they arent actually all that keen on the idea of players considering the boost as a go to under normal circumstances. They want players to feel like it's still worth leveling instead of giving incentive for players to mass harvest "Purchase Now Alts." The price tag only reinforces these ideas.
    If you read up on old news you'll know exactly what you get if you buy the boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Doftsvamp View Post
    All chars on 90 so /care, price is to high to make a mass-90 hysteria(well.. more or less) So I call there doing it to kill the Ebay - powerleveling character market
    IDk ive powerleveled ppls characters for much cheaper.

Deleted
    This thread is gonna be funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borodin View Post
    It's more than double what it should be. Disgusting.
    And this is based on what? Focus Groups? Market Surveys? Price Point studies?

All things Blizzard did.

But your price is pulled out of your....
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

I was kind of hoping for an option to pay less if you're character is a certain level (I personally have no problem getting to 60, but that slog through TBC and Wrath content always bogs me down) but that could come later. I'm pleased with the price, definitely not a spur-of-the-moment thing, but not so high it can't be budgeted for.

This is an optional boost, no one is forcing you to pay 60$ to get boosted. I've played this game since early BC, I've leveled to max level several times, 60$ for hours and hours of my time is not that bad. It could be less but 60$ is acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginZero View Post
    (based on current model: Battlechest (20) + MoP (20) + WoD (40?) = 80 + 25 (transfer) = $105).
    Um no. WoD ... $59.99 Retail ... $79.99 Collectors

So its more like: Bchest $20 + MoP $20 + WoD $60 (collectors $80) = $100 ($120) + xfer $25 = $125 (or $145)

This is half the price of buying a new WoD upgraded account. This is an ugly price for dumb kids, high price for regular players, however cheaper than buying a newly upgraded account and xfer. This prevents farmers from getting quick new accounts with a 90. Isn't really worth it for normal players who are used to a leveling curve and probably are just going to buy the expansion anyways. And for kids just getting the game, probably they will just go the regular route of new game + expansions as well.

Who will use this service?: Rich people who want to multibox.

Possibly Rich Kids, who can convince their parents to spend anything on them.

Sadly that means a new flow of entitled rich kids who have everything handed to them, or multiboxers... ugh not sure which is worse
    Last edited by Concequence; 2014-02-18 at 07:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    they pulled boosted characters from the shop : [

Deleted
    Exactly the price I wanted it to be!

Awesome!

Its $80 if you buy the battle chest, MoP, and WoD, so if anyone expected it to be more than that ... that would be silly.

$60 is too steep for me for what it is, but it really doesn't matter since I have a ton on 90s already.

Inb4 WoD will cost 100 dollars cause it includes a 90 boost

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killersaint View Post
    This is an optional boost, no one is forcing you to pay 60$ to get boosted. I've played this game since early BC, I've leveled to max level several times, 60$ for hours and hours of my time is not that bad. It could be less but 60$ is acceptable.
    This shouldn't be in a subscription-based game to begin with.

Deleted
    The sole reason why Im not gonna buy next expansion :/

Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post

So its more like: Bchest $20 + MoP $20 + WoD $60 (collectors $80) = $100 ($120) + xfer $25 = $125 (or $145)

This is half the price of buying a new WoD upgraded account. This is an ugly price for dumb kids, high price for regular players, however cheaper than buying a newly upgraded account and xfer. This prevents farmers from getting quick new accounts with a 90. Isn't really worth it for normal players who are used to a leveling curve and probably are just going to buy the expansion anyways. And for kids just getting the game, probably they will just go the regular route of new game + expansions as well.

Possibly Rich Kids, who can convince their parents to spend anything on them.
    People who'll use the boost are most likely players who already own all expansions and will use it for alts.

Yes, there will be those who buys everything and the boost.

And to be fair $125 isnt a lot for someone with a job.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thin poor ppl won't use it, but you don't have to be rich.
    Leveling from 1-90 costs around 70-80 hours (incl. professions).
    So if you are a working casual you have 10-20 hours playtime a week, maybe you are raiding 10 hours a week, so you have 5-10 hours a week left for a new alt.
    Most ppl i know find leveling boring as hell. So you spend 2 months on something that is boring.
    Or you buy a character from blizzard for the price of 3-5 hours of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post

<snip>
    Since when are expansions $60?

There has never been one that cost $60, unless you can provide a source, $40 is more likely.