Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    So they are charging the Price of a Full Game, so you don´t have to play the Full Game? That is kinda... I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    I think that's a silly argument. Leveling is the most basic form of the incremental power increases that all RPGs are built upon. It's ridiculous to complain about "forcing" someone to play the game as it was designed. Was it wrong for Blizz to "force" players to level for all those years?
    That doesn't really hold water. Most Computer RPG's have cheats out there that allow you to give your characters gold or xp in order to remove the tedium of levelling. Whether it's through a third party program, or via built in console cheats that you have to go enable, doing everything from scratch in an electronic rpg has never been a sacred cow.

And I've been part of numerous paper RPG games/campagins where the game master wanted to run something that was higher level, but our 'normal' characters were too low level, so we were either allowed to create new higher level characters, or boost our existing ones so we could have some fun. Or a character suffers perma death, or wants to play another class, so the DM allowed them to rejoin the group with a new toon that had been boosted.

Gaming is supposed to be fun, not some inflexible and rigid system that must be done the same way every single time. Fudging the rules in the name of a better game is an old and time honored tradition. You may not like it, and you certainly don't have to participate in it, but that doesn't give you or anyone else the right to tell others that they can't. Everything is always ultimately up to the GM's discretion, and in this case, Blizzard is our GM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    No it's a fact. The reward is diminished. Selfish would be if the community was singling ppl who use this service out, refuse to play with them like it happened with the transmorg gear from cash shop.
    Why wouldn't you feel more rewarded ? After all, you did have the courage to do the boring leveling in WoW compared to others who just decided to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Some people have more time than money.
    Some people have more money than time.
    This.
    I like leveling, I won't use it. People who hate leveling can use it. Don't see any problems there.
    My reward won't be affected.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OniRyo View Post
    You haven't seen the comparison of the Blizzard Shop in the US and EU lately, have you? They aren't like how you say it is, a mount for example is 25 dollars there and it costs in Europe 20 euros. Do a bit more research.
    ty for the respons , i didnt do my research . Just saw it couple of page's ago that in the past blizzard did dollar= euro , but it was more for diablo stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I'm looking at that $60 fee and thinking "Damn, that's only two hours pay. It'd take me 40-odd hours to level from 85-90! That's a good deal!"... But of course then I think "Shit. That's 60 bucks. That's a tank of petrol. That's a week's lunches at work."
    Ser, I look at it like this - I've blown $60 (and often, alot more than that), on a night at the movies when the movie isn't particularly good. I can think of numerous times when I've spent that amount or more of cash for entertainment that didn't pan out, and if I could have that cash back in order to use it to buy level 90's which I know I'll have more fun with, then it'd be worth it!

It's all relative and a matter of perspective. Like you, 60 bucks is not a very large portion of my world. I'd certainly like the price point to be lower, but I don't feel it's unreasonable.

Most people here are not discussing the price of the boost, but the fact that it is actually purchasable.
    However, we've known this since the second WoD was announced! It has already been discussed to the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drakonblayde View Post
    Ser, I look at it like this - I've blown $60 (and often, alot more than that), on a night at the movies when the movie isn't particularly good. I can think of numerous times when I've spent that amount or more of cash for entertainment that didn't pan out, and if I could have that cash back in order to use it to buy level 90's which I know I'll have more fun with, then it'd be worth it!

It's all relative and a matter of perspective. Like you, 60 bucks is not a very large portion of my world. I'd certainly like the price point to be lower, but I don't feel it's unreasonable.
    I'm not actually saying it's unreasonable per se...

I'm just saying that sometimes when you're sitting on your PC, in a quiet room at the end of a day's work, you're looking at that "Boost character!" window come up and I just think you have a bit more time to intellectualize or "um and ah" about the decision to spend the money.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by hiveNzin0 View Post
    Why wouldn't you feel more rewarded ? After all, you did have the courage to do the boring leveling in WoW compared to others who just decided to pay.
    Wasting up to 100 hours to save $60 ? It sounds much more stupid than it sounds courageous.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Most Computer RPG's have cheats out there that allow you to give your characters gold or xp in order to remove the tedium of levelling. Whether it's through a third party program, or via built in console cheats that you have to go enable, doing everything from scratch in an electronic rpg has never been a sacred cow.
    Are you aware that you're directly comparing this level boost service to cheating? Even I wouldn't go that far.

Gaming is supposed to be fun, not some inflexible and rigid system that must be done the same way every single time. Fudging the rules in the name of a better game is an old and time honored tradition. You may not like it, and you certainly don't have to participate in it, but that doesn't give you or anyone else the right to tell others that they can't. Everything is always ultimately up to the GM's discretion, and in this case, Blizzard is our GM.
    And my response to this would be that if Blizzard feels the leveling process is no longer important to their game and endgame is all that matters, then they should completely scrap leveling (or at least the first 90 levels of it), not simply make it a chore that the financially well-off can skip for a price but the average peon has to slog through.

Gaming communities always suffer when people are able to use real-world resources to obtain in-game advantages, however slight.

Deleted
    Inb4 "OMG SO EXPENSIVE WTF BLIZZ" from one side and "OMG SO CHEAP NOW ANY IDIOT CAN HIT 90 WTF BLIZZ" from the other.

My take on it? 90 isn't relevant. 90 is just about at the beginning of the end game content. You still have to get gear and learn to play before you'll gain much from it. If people want to spend $60 on a boost to 90 let them, if you put time into your class you'll still do better than them, most likely do more and see more, and have a better attachment to your character as you've spent more time and effort on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Wasting up to 100 hours to save $60 ? It sounds much more stupid than it sounds courageous.
    Some people value time more than money and the opposite is true. Depending in which category you fall, the view is different.

It's kinda interesting to compare it to other things you get for 60 bucks.
    About the same as a brand new game, and you're only getting a new character in an old game up to max level.
    About the same expense as a month of internet service.
    One expensive wine or four cheap ones in the store, maybe one of the cheaper ones in a restaurant.
    A medium priced concert ticket.
    Ingredients for home cooking for a few days.

As said before, it's kinda cheap compared to the time you save. However, you have to ask yourself why you would rather insta-90 an alt than play a brand new game on your computer or console.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by dolfke View Post
    So we (EU) will pay 83 dollar for this. That's 17 euro's more then usa. Rly why do they keep f**king us and why do we still let them do it ?

- - - Updated - - -

because blizzard policy is 60 dollar = 60 euro
    But in practice 60 euro is 83 dollar
    And 60 euro is 26,593 Zimbabwe dollars

Different countries pay different from others.

If you want, ask how long will you have to be at work to use this service, then you see if its "fair"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    I can't believe what WoW has become. Evidently me unsubbing after the WoD announcement is among the best decisions I've ever made in my life. TESO can't come soon enough.

I'm absolutely shocked how many people are OK with the idea of paying to skip content in the game, but aren't OK that it's expensive. This community is a completely different one then when I joined the game in 2005.

I don't care if this costed $1, $1 million dollars, or was free. You should never - ever - be able to skip content in an RPG game, let alone for money. This point blank should not even be available.

This admits multiple things to an MMO player such as myself. 1) Game is dying 2) leveling isnt fun and they dont have any intent on fixing it 3) the game is completely raid centric now (PvP lololol) 4)they know they're going to lose more subs and are trying to make up for lost ground 5) most importantly, they've run out of ideas on how to fix the game and are praying on addicts to keep them afloat

What makes this any different from an MMO F2P like LOTRO? They have microtransactions for everything short of gear now in the game. Subs, pets, mounts, leveling boosts, RaF feature, character transfers, guild transfers, faction changes, expansions, gender changes, name changes, vanity gear... literally the only thing missing now is gear. Also, I should add you can't buy gear in LOTRO either.

My logical conclusion says WoW is going F2P in the very near future. They have all the systems in place to seamlessly transition at this point. I know the devs said they never would, but they also said that leveling is an important part of the WoW experience... evidently not.

This is the nail in the coffin for me never returning. I cannot and willnot play a game where you remove half of what it is for a fee. Blizzard has become a shadow of its former self. Legacy of the Void will be the last Blizzard game I buy before they become a complete corporate clone of EA. Further proof that things can become so big that they destroy themselves.

And for you flaming WoW fanboys who are sure hate on me/TESO go for it - you're the kind of people I don't want in that game anyway. I'd prefer you stay in WoW and pay for your subscription and your paygates at the same time. Please don't come ruin my MMO - stay in yours.
    This. Amen to that, brother.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    The downfall has started.
    I am sorry but I must disagree, question, are you upset you will not be able to be 50 lvl 90s and start your own little army? This is not the point of the boost service. The point of it is lets say ur friend tom starts wow for first time or coming back. He is lvl 1 u are 100. He gets a free 90 to play with u in wod sooner. He wants another toon? Well he better decide well before he buys it because chances are he wont buy another cuz of price. He has got two toons and now his mom wont buy him a 3rd cuz of price, he now has to play from 1-100 , keeping the old world alive. The price is honestly just fine. It keeps some people in the old world lvling, those who dont want to pay anyways. Also if u want to transfer realms and do daction change thats like 50$ isnt it? Well just pay 10 morw and get a 90 on diff rwalm. Trust me blizz knows what they are doing.

Deleted
    I don't think it is a problem really UNTIL/if ever they sell characters with competitive or best in slot gear.

But I have to laugh at how they choose to go this route. Instead of fixing the problem of boring levelling they decide to sell out.

So once again; this isn't available on EU realms at the moment?

Deleted
    Most WoW player like me already have 11 lv 90 every class.
    So i dont care if its that expensive.
    And btw i dont get people that would pay for that cause i find leveling with heirloms + max enchant quite funny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Instead of fixing the problem of boring levelling they decide to sell out.
    You seem to have confused what you think with how everyone feels, it's OK that happens a lot here.