View Poll Results: How do you feel about the level 90 boost price?

Voters
34. This poll is closed
  • The boost price is too excessive!

10 29.41%
  • The boost price is just right!

16 47.06%
  • The boost price is too low...

8 23.53%

Poll regarding Level 90 boost price

There are a wide variety of reactions on the price of the level 90 character boost. Was interested in collecting some data in the form of a poll in regard to the price, as well as people's thoughts on this matter.

Personally, I think the price is fair, considering it is an option, and people still have the choice to spend the time to level a character the traditional way to 90.

A character boost will allow those veteran raiders who have quit the game an opportunity to come back to the game and level up with their friends, with less of a barrier. This will allow those people who have full time jobs the option to save a lot of grind time and provide them with an avenue to quickly catch up with long-time players. The price also acts as a deterrent for people to purchase multiple level 90s without a second thought, and forces people to be a little more conservative with which character they should boost, and how many characters they choose to boost (unless people are willing/able to spend a few hundred dollars on multiple lvl 90 characters)

I've read arguments that this will "ruin the game" and "flood the game with people who don't know how to play a class" etc. I only see this having a real impact on PUG groups, and LFR. For the veteran players, and raiding community, I foresee little impact. Raiding Guilds generally recruit based on player skill, and are more selective on who they bring into their raids.

If it is apparent that people do not know how to play their class, they do not get a raid spot. I see plenty of players that have leveled their way to 90, that still do not know how to play. Those people are removed from the raid, and thus have little impact on my gameplay experience.

TLDR: I do not see how the option of purchasing a level 90 will have any substantial impact on the gameplay experience of Raiders and skilled players.
    Last edited by Avallon; 2014-02-18 at 06:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avallon View Post
    I do not see how the option of purchasing a level 90 will have any substantial impact on the gameplay experience of Raiders and skilled players.

Which makes you one of the sane people around here because it will not have any substantial impact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its make people really think, would they rather level or pay. I would rather level than pay.

Its the right price for such a feature. Blizzard makes the post insanely high so that the power leveling sites have to take a huge hit to even challenge that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Grelsha View Post
    Gold sellers will have to undercut massively or the black powerleveling market will be dead.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2014-02-18 at 06:18 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I feel this is a slap in the face, paying montlhy sub and this high price for a level 90?
    but I enjoy leveling so perhaps I dont know the value of a level 90 character

10+ Year Old Account
    It should be in the 100 dollar range, to further discourage lazy people.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Its make people really think, would they rather level or pay. I would rather level than pay.

Its the right price for such a feature.
    I agree with you completely - and a bit baffled (although with the current state of the community and the most vocal players, I really should not be surprised) by all the backlash and the "sky is falling" posts, and the general anger of players that this feature is available, or in the alternative, that the feature is too expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a thread to discuss this.

Quote Originally Posted by mannenabo View Post
    I feel this is a slap in the face, paying montlhy sub and this high price for a level 90?
    but I enjoy leveling so perhaps I dont know the value of a level 90 character
    Monthly sub for continuous content, a high price for a lvl 90 which is a luxury perk. It's not like paying additional money for a lvl 90 is the only available way to get a 90 character. Time is money, and those with time can level through traditional means, those with money and less time can boost a character to 90.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caesonia View Post
    did this really need yet another thread?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...haracter-Boost
    Looking at the time stamps, it looks like we all started threads within the same time frame. I was writing my post when other threads appeared.

Leveling is almost trivial, and it's content you've already paid for. So, anyone who's willing to pay money to opt out of other stuff you paid money for might as well be taken advantage of. If you hate leveling so much, maybe the game isn't for you. If you have so little time in your life that you can't invest 3 days /played to get to 90 with a new toon, there's no way you have time to invest in raiding either. That means almost everyone who pays for a 90 does it for no better reason than to take a short cut in a video game, so yeah, might as well make them pay a fortune for it.

In fact, anyone who is willing to pay $60 would probably just go ahead and do $99.99, so maybe I ought to change my answer from optimal to too low.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...haracter-Boost

There are already open threads that are far longer at this point. Please keep discussion in the open threads.