Page 21 of 81 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
23
31
71
... LastLast
  1. #401
    Quote Originally Posted by gazaa View Post
    What i dont understand is why People buy a game, then Pay for skipping 90% of it
    It's probably geared more to players who already experienced the game. Most likely multiple times. The people who buy WoD already get a free 90. So there should be no issue there.

  2. #402
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    What has the minimum wage to do with anything?
    RAF can provide you with multiple 90's in a short time period and also the other goodies which come with it.

    Time vs money doesn't have to mean ínstant', right? If you look at it after a 3 month period, just see what you get for the money invested and compare.
    How fast can you get a character to 90 using RAF? If, under any circumstance, that amount of time ends up equaling out to longer then what it would take to simply earn the 60 bucks to instant level a 90, then can you really say you got more benefit from the money invested?

    If it takes me 10 hours game time to get from 1 - 90 using RAF, but I could have made 60 bucks in 5 hours at work and just bought the character upgrade, have i really spent my Time as efficiently as i could? I could just pay the 60 bucks, and then spend those 10 hours i would otherwise have spent leveling doing something more productive and ended up with basicly a 5 hour net gain on Time Vs Money.

  3. #403
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    I don't think it's a terrible price. It's high enough to keep most people from buying it "just because" and will, hopefully, bring on people who know that a 1-time $60 fee, on top of your normal sub fee, is kinda pricey so the investment better be used wisely (or not at all).
    This doesn't make sense to me. Why would a company trying to profit purposely put a price point out of reach. If that was a goal then why not make it 200$.

  4. #404
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    And if you do? Just suck it up and do it the long way? Typically, in subscription-based MMOs, everyone in-game is on a level playing field, You didn't have a fairly large time advantage, you weren't able to skip tedious leveling content etc etc, simply because you happened to earn more than someone else. I dislike it rather immensely, and I'm not even someone who'd ever use it, since I have 2 of each class at 90 anyway.
    Except, of course, that that "time advantage" is exactly what the Character Upgrade to 90 thing was created to address: Exactly how do you allow someone who started the game extremely late to catch up to people who have already been playing for a long time. It isnt exactly a friendly gameplay experience when you join your friend bob to play the game, only to find out that you now have to play for 2 months just to catch up to bob and play with him on the same playing field (only to realise that once you get there, bob is STILL going to be just that much farther ahead of you again). The Boost to 90 thing lets someone bridge some of that "time advantage".

    Not having the boost to 90 / Heirlooms / RAF leveling boosts type things makes sense when everybody starts at the same starting line, and then proceeds to the goal at their own pace when the gun goes off. It makes less sense when new racers join the race and need a catch up mechanic to be compedative after the first racers have been around the track several times already.

  5. #405
    Brewmaster Constraint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    This doesn't make sense to me. Why would a company trying to profit purposely put a price point out of reach. If that was a goal then why not make it 200$.
    Maybe they see it as a happy medium. It won't be completely unused, but it's out of reach of every Tom, Dick and Harry to boost every single on of their alts to 90 on a whim.

    Perhaps they still have some semblance of morals, of putting gameplay before money.

    Maybe they're putting it so high so their weekend specials will be used to a vastly greater extent.

  6. #406
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Would of been better if it was at 100$ imo

  7. #407
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmanderp View Post
    The purpose of this thread is to help understand why some people are crying out about this (possible) number for the cost. I personally think it is a reasonable price for the amount of content that you are skipping.
    Skipping leveling, which few people give a crap about, is worth the price of a brand new game? In a game that already has a subscription cost, and all sorts of other micro transactions that should be free? The reason people are blowing up is because this game is outrageously expensive compared to nearly every other game on the market. They get away with it too, which makes it all the more infuriating, because so many people seem oblivious to how big of a ripoff all these costs are compared to other games.

  8. #408
    Brewmaster Constraint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Except, of course, that that "time advantage" is exactly what the Character Upgrade to 90 thing was created to address: Exactly how do you allow someone who started the game extremely late to catch up to people who have already been playing for a long time. It isnt exactly a friendly gameplay experience when you join your friend bob to play the game, only to find out that you now have to play for 2 months just to catch up to bob and play with him on the same playing field (only to realise that once you get there, bob is STILL going to be just that much farther ahead of you again). The Boost to 90 thing lets someone bridge some of that "time advantage".

    Not having the boost to 90 / Heirlooms / RAF leveling boosts type things makes sense when everybody starts at the same starting line, and then proceeds to the goal at their own pace when the gun goes off. It makes less sense when new racers join the race and need a catch up mechanic to be compedative after the first racers have been around the track several times already.
    They already have numerous catch-up mechanics at max level for that, such as LFR, Timeless Isle, Scenarios/Dungeons etc. It's not how it used to be, such as in TBC, where if you started late, you were basically screwed, since no top guild wanted to go back and carry people through SSC/TK to gear them up.

    On another note, there's still such a thing as reward through effort, and a sense of satisfaction through perseverance. Color me crazy, but I have zero sense of satisfaction out of something I didn't put effort into, and I'm considerably less likely to continue to play it through the months/years.

  9. #409
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfare View Post
    But whats next? Buying Achievements/Gear/professions. Whats the point of an MMO if you can buy your way to the finish.
    The point of an MMO is to get to the end-content

    And if you guys are not dumb you will recognize that no one wants to level that many alts, if you don't want it you can buy it with a reasonable price.

    This will get more life into endgame as more will have level 100 alts. Easy as that, but brains are dead mostly

  10. #410
    Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    IF you think about it, it's already pay to win, since those boosted lvl 90s are coming with i lvl 483 gear. Any person who reaches 90 with i lvl 429 questing gear will not have upper hand over a guy who gets ilvl 483 green gear with a boosted.
    Upper hand? All they will have over a leveled character is a 483 weapon to start with, and possibly 1-2 trinkets. Timeless isle kind of negates your leveling gear as you pretty much hit 480+ ilvl within 30mins on the isle. With the upgrade to the weapons aswell and how cheap they are really no major bonus to the gear.

    On the other side, that boosted person is missing out on thousands and thousands of gold made while leveling. If its a new player, they wont have flying/epic flying and all forms etc until they farm the gold up for it. My last toon, even with spending 3k on proffessions made me a further 3k after training etc by 90. 6-10k isnt uncommon so thats a big loss in gold.

  11. #411
    I've played this game since launch day in 2004. I have in that time leveled only 3 characters to max, and one of those was because the guild that I was in at the time asked me if I would like to raid as a DK to help progression immediately after launch of WotLK. I'm one who doesn't enjoy the leveling process regardless of how fast it can be achieved through the use of RAF/Heirlooms. Having been away from the game now for ~18 months the announcement of the level 90 boost represented a chance to come back to the game. Purchase a few level 90 characters and finally experience raiding/dungeons on classes i've been curious about for some time now. At $60 this wont be happening now, nor will I purchase WoD just for the one free boost.

    I, unlike most, can make a legitimate argument for having seen everything this game has put out there given the time i've been playing the game. I wouldn't be skipping any content by boosting characters, merely avoiding an unpleasant (for me) aspect of the game, the reward for Blizzard would of been a returning customer willing to pay a monthly sub and the fee to boost. But as ive said, $60 is just pure greed and not something i will support at all. For me it was a chance to experience something new about a game i have invested an already large amount of time (and money) into. But not at that price.

  12. #412
    It's cheaper to RAF yourself and get multiple 90's over the course of a month.

  13. #413
    Brewmaster Constraint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    The point of an MMO is to get to the end-content

    And if you guys are not dumb you will recognize that no one wants to level that many alts, if you don't want it you can buy it with a reasonable price.

    This will get more life into endgame as more will have level 100 alts. Easy as that, but brains are dead mostly
    Ridiculous argument. If you don't want to do something, if you don't want to put in the effort, SHOCKINGLY ENOUGH, don't do it, because you certainly don't deserve the benefits! Damn, I'm so smart! I should be a talkshow host or something! Solving first-world problems!

  14. #414
    Leveling services have been around since day 1, characters sold on ebay also from the very beginning, I would very much prefer that Blizzard does all the selling, because it's safe. Also, the price is such, because:

    1. people will pay it
    2. population control

  15. #415
    Brewmaster Constraint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Upper hand? All they will have over a leveled character is a 483 weapon to start with, and possibly 1-2 trinkets. Timeless isle kind of negates your leveling gear as you pretty much hit 480+ ilvl within 30mins on the isle. With the upgrade to the weapons aswell and how cheap they are really no major bonus to the gear.

    On the other side, that boosted person is missing out on thousands and thousands of gold made while leveling. If its a new player, they wont have flying/epic flying and all forms etc until they farm the gold up for it. My last toon, even with spending 3k on proffessions made me a further 3k after training etc by 90. 6-10k isnt uncommon so thats a big loss in gold.
    So, the person who boosted to 90 is just going to sit around, making no gold whatsoever, without being able to train professions/flying?

    I'll give you a tip - leveling is one of the slowest main methods of making gold in existence.

  16. #416
    Why play the game when you dont even wanna play the game(skipping).

  17. #417
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Its p2w. How can one NOT be disgusted, that goes beyond my comprehension..
    Having a lvl 90 with 483ilvl is "winning" these days?

  18. #418
    I'm glad its so high, it will stop every tom, dick and harry from buying a level 90 and stop the already questionable skill of some players in their classes. Imagine going to an LFR "Hi i've never played this class, just bought him " from the tanks..the healers... LFR at times is bad enough, the last thing you need is someone who don't know their class at all.

  19. #419
    Mechagnome Bizerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Having a lvl 90 with 483ilvl is "winning" these days?
    483 greens even.

  20. #420
    Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    Why play the game when you dont even wanna play the game(skipping).
    They may of levelled already on their main and other alts.
    Levelling takes up less than a week of gameplay, they still want to play the game, and to them endgame is where it all counts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •