Page 31 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People seem to not realize that this service is something Blizzard shouldn't be providing in the first place. They should be fixing the leveling problem, not making the player pay extra to circumvent the problem. That's the whole point of paying the premium which is a sub fee, so that you don't have to deal with shit like this.
    It's laughable how expensive they made it but even if this service was cheap it would still be a problem, because this shouldn't be a paid service in the first place.

Earlie in the thread I mentioned WoW players needing a reality check, and I stand by that. There's things other then WoW in this world and dumping your wallet on a WoW just to skip WoW content is a fairly ridiculous idea.

Pay to win = buying in game power

Paid lvl 90 = more levels, more in game power

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post

Yep, I bet all those lvl 100s will be quaking in their raid boots.

a level 90 will CLEARLY HAVE the power to killa lv100
    xD

Also, a paid 90 isnt stronger than a normal 90.
    could be evenworse since some wont have a clue how to play them.

It doesnt matter that lvl90 is not level cap, its still more ingame power.

This is absolutely disgusting and greedy from blizzard.

Content is lacking/boring/grindy? Why fix it? just charge 60 bucks for people to skip it.

A new low in MMOs

That's not true and you know it. "Power" in WoW is gear, measured in ilvls. Anything, anyone below max level of the current expansion is nothing to anyone at max.

The level 90 boost? all it does is get people to play the game, because we all know how very very few people actually enjoy the leveling process, and blizz and most players know the game doesn't really start till max level.

I don't care about the level 90 boost, my only concern was having more people who don't know how to play their class, but blizz seems to have thought of that and they have 10 levels to figure it out. Not that it makes much a difference cause baddies will always be bad compared to anyone that cares about performance.

Quote Originally Posted by happoman View Post
    This is absolutely disgusting and greedy from blizzard.

Content is lacking/boring/grindy? Why fix it? just charge 60 bucks for people to skip it.

A new low in MMOs
    Apparently, the Lore knights love the world the way it is and are tired of us asking for new content. They are afraid of Cata#2. I don't blame them. This way, those of us who would rather do END GAME after all these years of constantly leveling alts from boredom no longer have to suffer through the first 89 levels and can get right to the current content.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I was single at the time and had 4 roommates who all played. My time then, was not as valuable. Nowadays, completely different story. It's ok though. I kept waiting for you to chime in. Haven't see you all day.
    Eh, I put my .02 in quite a few pages ago

If purchasing an item gives you an advantage in finishing first, it is Pay-to-Win. If EVERYONE can purchase the same item, there is no advantage. Also, it is only possible to "win" at WoW if you have every single achievement point in the game and the servers are about to shut down.
    If anything, a pay 90 is the furthest thing away from P2W they've offered, as the game already gives you a way to acquire as many 90's as you like. Even store mounts and pets are far more exclusive and arguably 'unfair', since there's no possible way to acquire them through in-game means.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Ask yourself the question - why did the community like the idea of a boost?

To suggest this isn't a game created problem is utterly incredible.
    It's the result of a pathetic cycle of players always asking for leveling to become easier / more expedient over the course of years, to the point that it's considered not even worthwhile participating in. Ever acquiescing to such requests was the first mistake made by the devs, so at this point monetizing game avoidance seems more efficient than trying to make the content interesting again.

If the paid service takes off, I do wonder what it will do for future leveling content. Make it more time consuming, to push more folks to pay for the skip? Make it far more trivial (is this even possible?), so less dev time is spent on overall content?
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

I understand that. But you are acting as though the $60 boost will offer some unfair advantage when, in fact, the advantage is nullified by the 90 that comes with the expansion.

My point is, there is ZERO advantage to buying a lvl 90 character in a lvl 100 world. The only benefit is convenience of time saved having to drudge through 30+ hours of bullshit, antiquated content. But, you will all continue to run about throwing phrases like "unfair advantage" and "pay to win", and propagate panic for no reason other than some drama-centric need. So, I will leave you all to it. Oh, and if you are ever on Blade's Edge... look me up. I will be the Undead HOLY priest named Sixtybucks.
    Yes you can use your wealth and skip the content and gain an advantage - shame not everyone can cheat.
    If you are going to play a holy priest beware Chakra is shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    GTA 5 has not sold so well on PC and the Multi player version (the one that is measured through Xfire) was not that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    There is no way in hell Siege will last more than 6 months. It just isn't possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    Anti-flying: Myriad of educated arguments as to why flying is detrimental to the game as a whole.
    Pro-flying: I like flying.

Finally is all there is to say, god damn finally.

Because its very fun leveling the same quests repeatedly and the same dungeons on multiple characters, this service is 4 expansions late at least and most characters are already level 90 or 85, so who cares.

Anyone disagreeing with it..What game are you playing the last 10 years seriously.

WoW as every other western game is about the end game content of each expansion, leveling is just a time waster.

This service is only good, overpriced but good.

I understand that. But you are acting as though the $60 boost will offer some unfair advantage when, in fact, the advantage is nullified by the 90 that comes with the expansion.

My point is, there is ZERO advantage to buying a lvl 90 character in a lvl 100 world. The only benefit is convenience of time saved having to drudge through 30+ hours of bullshit, antiquated content. But, you will all continue to run about throwing phrases like "unfair advantage" and "pay to win", and propagate panic for no reason other than some drama-centric need. So, I will leave you all to it. Oh, and if you are ever on Blade's Edge... look me up. I will be the Undead HOLY priest named Sixtybucks.

And that's it in a nutshell.

If we want to cross that line, let's throw in race change, faction change and server transfers as more pay to win then.

Race change. Some racial are better than others in certain PvE and PvP situations. Hence, I can pay to win.

Faction changes. We all know some servers have a horrible imbalance, or really bad progression on one faction. So I can now pay to win by faction changing to the side that has better progression. Hence, I've paid to win.

Server transfers are the same. Server I was on sucked for any sort of horde side progression. So I transferred to a server and a guild that has some progression. Hence, again I've just paid to win in their eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    $60 bucks is the price of a brand new game - it's as simple as that

I do not think instantly leveling my bankalt to 90 provides me as much content as Skyrim, or GTAV, or any brand new-game at $60 today.

PS. we really don't need another thread about this subject.
    Except all those games are awful. Don't buy a level 90 if that's how you feel, period.

I on the other hand will finally have 1 of every class on both factions.
    Does this effect you? No.

It's a fair price, considering it's meant for the new xpac anyways. I spent hours and hours leveling all my toons to whatever the current max level was. If you want an instant (now) cap, or instant (WoD) level 90, then pony up your money. Stop whining, or play a different game.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Eh, I put my .02 in quite a few pages ago

If anything, a pay 90 is the furthest thing away from P2W they've offered, as the game already gives you a way to acquire as many 90's as you like. Even store mounts and pets are far more exclusive and arguably 'unfair', since there's no possible way to acquire them through in-game means.

It's the result of a pathetic cycle of players always asking for leveling to become easier / more expedient over the course of years, to the point that it's considered not even worthwhile participating in. Ever acquiescing to such requests was the first mistake made by the devs, so at this point monetizing game avoidance seems more efficient than trying to make the content interesting again.

If the paid service takes off, I do wonder what it will do for future leveling content. Make it more time consuming, to push more folks to pay for the skip? Make it far more trivial (is this even possible?), so less dev time is spent on overall content?
    To suggest that a vanity object is more a P2W item than the purchase of 90 levels beggars belief.

Maybe Blizzard should consider making the leveling process more worth while than simply profit out of "poor" content that no one wants to do.
    GTA 5 has not sold so well on PC and the Multi player version (the one that is measured through Xfire) was not that good.
    There is no way in hell Siege will last more than 6 months. It just isn't possible.
    Anti-flying: Myriad of educated arguments as to why flying is detrimental to the game as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlathe View Post

If we want to cross that line, let's throw in race change, faction change and server transfers as more pay to win then.

Race change. Some racial are better than others in certain PvE and PvP situations. Hence, I can pay to win.

Faction changes. We all know some servers have a horrible imbalance, or really bad progression on one faction. So I can now pay to win by faction changing to the side that has better progression. Hence, I've paid to win.

Server transfers are the same. Server I was on sucked for any sort of horde side progression. So I transferred to a server and a guild that has some progression. Hence, again I've just paid to win in their eyes.
    It's the truth. Someone who went from being a Night elf druid on a low progression realm to being a Troll Druid on a fast progression realm just paid to win! I don't know about you mate, but I have to wonder about some of these people some days.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    $60 feels pretty expensive for a level 90. Think about what $60 could get you elsewhere? I don't disagree with the price, but I personally thought it'd be closer to $30 / $40 which would also make it more accessible.
    Look at it this way.

Virtually all the account service options are horrendously overpriced. Race Change for 25$, Server Transfer for 20$, It'd need to be more expensive than those because it could effectively replace both of them.

They're not accessable because the option to get them in game exists, and are basically just hooks for players who don't want to lose unobtainable stuff like FoS, Old transmog gear, etc.

I think it's crazy that someone wanna pay 60$ to not play the game... but you already have this option, it's just not in Blizzards hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlathe View Post

None of those things gives you an intended manufactured advantage.

It has to be expensive.

Something tells me if it was cheap, you'd hear more crying about how fresh level 90s are ruining dungeons/raids/blah blah blah.