Page 71 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeConqueror View Post
    Or are you just mad that you leveled the slow way and they didn't?
    If I had to put the effort into it - so should you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativ View Post
    Honestly, those people that 'suck' at their class because of a boost will learn in time. Over all the community will grow from more peoples having more accessible content available to them from the moment they start playing. Instead of grinding to level up and then play.
    That's pretty much how I look at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    the level cap was never 40. started at 60 --> 70 --> 80 --> 85 --> 90 soon to be 100
    Way to miss the forest for the trees. You are right though. Corrected original post. Was just typing off top of my head, not sure why 40 came to mind but it happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    Try being in a lfr with a bunch a pay to boosts dps in nothing but greens, and no knowledge of their class.... that's why the hate!
    No one since this game was in beta has been able to learn how to play a max level toon.....UNTILL THEY GOT TO MAX LEVEL, lol so whats the deal???? Oh and btw...LFR is for people that need gear!!
    Last edited by BaP; 2014-03-19 at 08:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaP View Post
    No one since this game was in beta has been able to learn how to play a max level toon.....UNTILL THEY GOT TO MAX LEVEL, lol so whats the deal???? Oh and btw...LFR is for people that need gear!!
    I may have to make this my signature line... with your permission of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosencrantz View Post
    Reaching Max level means you beat the game, duh.

</sarcasm >
    Crap like this is what I'm talking about

Does full normal set mean you beat them game?
    Does full honor gear mean you beat the game?
    Does a BiS weapon mean you beat the game?

So do you support selling normal mode gear sets, honor gear sets, and heroic warforged weapons? Or does getting gear somehow mean you beat the game?

Im being generous too, you could also say full conquest gear isnt beating the game, and sell conquest gear.

Gear gives you a lot more power over the rest of the population than leveling does. This isn't EQ or FFXI where leveling can be the majority of the game. Leveling is a stepping stone. It doesn't matter. Also, the only difference between the boosted character and a character boosted through RAF is that the RAF method is more convoluted. And I don't remember this many people having a problem with RAF.

Since 99% of this game is spent at max level, selling levels isn't selling power. But selling gear is.
    LOLINFRACTED

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try being in a lfr with a bunch a pay to boosts dps in nothing but greens, and no knowledge of their class.... that's why the hate!
    This right here. I've already heard the war stories and SEEN what my 2 roommates went though the other night 2 nights in a row with boosted toons to 90. People playing them have no idea how to play the class they don't take the time to actually look up things at all and just figure they can get auto carried which sadly is what most (NOT ALL) of them are thinking. I can careless if someone boosts a toon but atleast learn how to play that toon before you step foot into a LFR or a flex for that matter.

Been playing WoW since vanilla...

I've leveled any characters to their expansions respective level cap (I've probably put more hours into leveling characters than a lot of the people out there who are using the: "I leveled the old way, so should they!" excuse.)

....people paying to boost characters doesn't bother me one bit. They skip to high level, big deal so what. This is not pay to win, as this is designed around level 100 content. ANYTHING below level 100 means nadda, zip, nothing. All that will matter is level 100 content, and so long as the boost remains level 90 then it will never be pay to win.

If you hate boosts...don't boost. Otherwise, quit complaining.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

I hate them because they refuse to que into an LFR besides SoO to learn their new class, most of them are so ignorant that they don't even get the epics easily available on Timeless Isle, they just que into LFR with greens and 4 key bindings, getting pissed off at people who don't want to carry them.

It's a problem, But it will pass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    ANYTHING below level 100 means nadda, zip, nothing
    And that's why sandbox MMO's are the future of gaming and so much richer. The content based "max level" system does not work any more - WoW, if anything, has proven this.

Deleted
    Because it's a bad made band-aid for a much greater problem.

That's why I dislike it, at least.

Boosted players will only be around in massive numbers now and maybe first month of WoD. That's not a problem.

The boosting is questionble for a new character but if they want to hit that massive wall head on without the trials of leveling. That's their choice and the friends who are gonna put up with it. Also if you do LFR you know what you got yourself into. Sorry. If you want to escape do flex or Mythic. Leveling is awesome the first few times but I have leveled only 7-9 characters and I want to shoot myself sometimes. Its worth the money if you can afford it.

Also, many classes change dramatically at 90 unfortunately, with gear and all. So leveling "LEGIT" is almost a waste of time in itself. For example, I leveled my Death Knight as a Blood and never learned Frost, I have also never leveled my rogue as assassination or subtlety. So at 90 I would still need to l2p. I think the issue is that people wont let themselves be acclimated. This is blizzards fault for giving them the ilvl to do raids along with the boost. Plain and simple.

But if those people were just as bad, but they levelled the character themselves without paying for the boost, that'd be okay?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to buy all the achievements in the game as well, to "Catch up". Yup.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always hate the ones calling LFR people baddies, when they themselves are in LFR. If these people are good and consider themselves good, why are they even in LFR? I skipped SoO LFR and went to flex and normal this time around, and am loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by vinmmo View Post
    I saw a few people in a random guildchat on one of my alts talking about how they had no idea how to play their characters but were queueing for LFR anyways.
    Those two things are hardly related. I personally have alts that I have leveled to 90 but I can't actually do anything with in a group setting because I have nfi how to play the class. http://wowlazymacros.com/ is enough to do questing or defend yourself while gathering/digging. My gf is terrible at this game, but she has fun. She leveled to 90 and if she joined LFR she would be one of the people who dies within the first 2 minutes and/or pulls 12k dps while her pet is trying to taunt the boss. Leveling to 90 isn't any sort of indicator if you are useful to a group. You can get to level 90 without killing a single creature in this game: pet battles, professions, non-combat daily quests, exploration, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by vinmmo View Post
    II've said a few times, I think Blizz should have included some sort of a requirement, like the one coming in WoD, where you need to earn a Silver in PGs before you can queue for LFR.
    This is the true solution, as long as it actually requires someone to use the basics of their class. I'm tired of seeing dps hunters defend using a tenacity pet in group settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    And that's why sandbox MMO's are the future of gaming and so much richer. The content based "max level" system does not work any more - WoW, if anything, has proven this.
    Name one sandbox mmo. And if you say ESO I will be forced to laugh at you. ESO took the sandbox out of TES...you have set levels and within those levels you can get the illusion of leveling up individual skills. Honestly, to me it felt like the old school WoW weapon skills system more than tES sandboxxing.

The only true sandbox MMO I can think of ( and is still going, actually) was Ultima Online. No actual levels, everything was based on how high your skills were (and each skill also synergized with others. For example: Two people with 100 sword fighting would both be grandmaster swordsman, but if one of them also had 100 in anatomy they would do more damage than the other one). Too bad EA completely destroyed that game when they released the Renaissance espansion a while back (when they split the world into two..a no pvp world and a pvp world). Honestly, I would LOVE to see a spiritual successor to the
    game UO used to be back in it's prime.

Could level boosting be done better? Yes, yes it can. DAoC offered level boosts to as many characters as you wanted once you had a level 50 (the then-max level). You typed in a slash command and it would grant you one level, up to level 30. So you could actually pick how many levels you got out of it, but you could not exceed level 30 using this system.
    WoW should have implimented something like this, paid boost is "meh" to me, the free one with WoD I think is excellent and it is helping me coax my buddies into playing with me again since they can skip Pandaria when WoD launches.
    And in what way has wow proven that the max level system doesn't work? It works just fine, you are just spewing out your own opinion and labeling it as fact.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    I always hate the ones calling LFR people baddies, when they themselves are in LFR. If these people are good and consider themselves good, why are they even in LFR? I skipped SoO LFR and went to flex and normal this time around, and am loving it.
    Because running LFR is part of maximizing character progression.

When the idea of selling 90's was first floated, the majority of posts i read were along the lines of "It isn't P2W because the skip to 90 will only be available in WoD, when the level cap is 100, it's not P2W when it isn't max content". People against the idea were saying "It is pay 2 skip, meaning Blizz knows the leveling content is bad enough they can charge people to skip it, rather than make the experience more engaing".

Now that it will be around for a while to access max level, the denial of the P2W stance seems to of fallen off, and going by the OP, the stance now is the P2Skip agruement is now cool, cuz it is a chore or a bore to go through all that oh so boring content you've done before.

So Blizz still wins, they get auto defence of their boring product, and on top of that, they get to charge you extra, you a devoted subscriber with multiple toons, for the privilege to skip their lack of imagination and foresight.

Well played, Blizz.

And I'm still to be convinced they won't be selling 100's at 1st patch of WoD, if not at release.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    But if those people were just as bad, but they levelled the character themselves without paying for the boost, that'd be okay?
    Take this reasoning and apply it to gear.

LFR takes no skill, and you don't need to get better to clear it.

How would selling LFR gear be different? They would get the gear, have no idea how to play both ways, just by selling the gear they P2 not grind.

Do you support selling full LFR gear too? What about PvP, you can afk through BGs for a full honor set, why not sell it?

Leveling isn't the only part of the game without a skill barrier, how would selling those rewards be different?