Page 21 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    IF you think about it, it's already pay to win, since those boosted lvl 90s are coming with i lvl 483 gear. Any person who reaches 90 with i lvl 429 questing gear will not have upper hand over a guy who gets ilvl 483 green gear with a boosted.
    Upper hand? All they will have over a leveled character is a 483 weapon to start with, and possibly 1-2 trinkets. Timeless isle kind of negates your leveling gear as you pretty much hit 480+ ilvl within 30mins on the isle. With the upgrade to the weapons aswell and how cheap they are really no major bonus to the gear.

On the other side, that boosted person is missing out on thousands and thousands of gold made while leveling. If its a new player, they wont have flying/epic flying and all forms etc until they farm the gold up for it. My last toon, even with spending 3k on proffessions made me a further 3k after training etc by 90. 6-10k isnt uncommon so thats a big loss in gold.

I've played this game since launch day in 2004. I have in that time leveled only 3 characters to max, and one of those was because the guild that I was in at the time asked me if I would like to raid as a DK to help progression immediately after launch of WotLK. I'm one who doesn't enjoy the leveling process regardless of how fast it can be achieved through the use of RAF/Heirlooms. Having been away from the game now for ~18 months the announcement of the level 90 boost represented a chance to come back to the game. Purchase a few level 90 characters and finally experience raiding/dungeons on classes i've been curious about for some time now. At $60 this wont be happening now, nor will I purchase WoD just for the one free boost.

I, unlike most, can make a legitimate argument for having seen everything this game has put out there given the time i've been playing the game. I wouldn't be skipping any content by boosting characters, merely avoiding an unpleasant (for me) aspect of the game, the reward for Blizzard would of been a returning customer willing to pay a monthly sub and the fee to boost. But as ive said, $60 is just pure greed and not something i will support at all. For me it was a chance to experience something new about a game i have invested an already large amount of time (and money) into. But not at that price.

Deleted
    It's cheaper to RAF yourself and get multiple 90's over the course of a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    The point of an MMO is to get to the end-content

And if you guys are not dumb you will recognize that no one wants to level that many alts, if you don't want it you can buy it with a reasonable price.

This will get more life into endgame as more will have level 100 alts. Easy as that, but brains are dead mostly
    Ridiculous argument. If you don't want to do something, if you don't want to put in the effort, SHOCKINGLY ENOUGH, don't do it, because you certainly don't deserve the benefits! Damn, I'm so smart! I should be a talkshow host or something! Solving first-world problems!

Deleted
    Leveling services have been around since day 1, characters sold on ebay also from the very beginning, I would very much prefer that Blizzard does all the selling, because it's safe. Also, the price is such, because:

1. people will pay it
    2. population control

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Upper hand? All they will have over a leveled character is a 483 weapon to start with, and possibly 1-2 trinkets. Timeless isle kind of negates your leveling gear as you pretty much hit 480+ ilvl within 30mins on the isle. With the upgrade to the weapons aswell and how cheap they are really no major bonus to the gear.

On the other side, that boosted person is missing out on thousands and thousands of gold made while leveling. If its a new player, they wont have flying/epic flying and all forms etc until they farm the gold up for it. My last toon, even with spending 3k on proffessions made me a further 3k after training etc by 90. 6-10k isnt uncommon so thats a big loss in gold.
    So, the person who boosted to 90 is just going to sit around, making no gold whatsoever, without being able to train professions/flying?

I'll give you a tip - leveling is one of the slowest main methods of making gold in existence.

Why play the game when you dont even wanna play the game(skipping).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Its p2w. How can one NOT be disgusted, that goes beyond my comprehension..
    Having a lvl 90 with 483ilvl is "winning" these days?

Deleted
    I'm glad its so high, it will stop every tom, dick and harry from buying a level 90 and stop the already questionable skill of some players in their classes. Imagine going to an LFR "Hi i've never played this class, just bought him " from the tanks..the healers... LFR at times is bad enough, the last thing you need is someone who don't know their class at all.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Having a lvl 90 with 483ilvl is "winning" these days?
    483 greens even.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    They may of levelled already on their main and other alts.
    Levelling takes up less than a week of gameplay, they still want to play the game, and to them endgame is where it all counts.

10+ Year Old Account
    $60 is outrageous. I would've guessed $40 would be acceptable.

i guess dont pay for it if you dont want it. vote with your money.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    Because the game is focused around end-game. And to further refute your point; most people who will buy it have already completed that aspect 5-15 times depending on how much of an altoholic they are. Have you ever replayed a game 5-15 times? Probably not.
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    $6 for a game made in 1993? If it was free then maybe I would buy it instead of pirating it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post
    Because the game is focused around end-game. And to further refute your point; most people who will buy it have already completed that aspect 5-15 times depending on how much of an altoholic they are. Have you ever replayed a game 5-15 times? Probably not.
    So purchasing full rare mounts, pets etc wouldn't be P2W, since it's not "end-game"? Selling "The Insane" would be fine, since it's not "end-game"?

And yes, I have replayed virtually every game I've ever truly loved 5-15 times, some more.

Deleted
    The price is somewhat understandable really.
    If it was lower, then people wouldn't pick realm transfer and simply make a completely new char, and few other reasons comes to mind.

Still, not supporting this decision by any stretch of imagination.
    Leveling is so fast nowadays anyway, so I would rather buy a new game or two with that 60$.

Yeah WoW is about the end game, I hate levelling alts cos I'll have to mingle with the bads again, if I can bypass all that and just raid with ppl I choose then its better

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfare View Post
    But whats next? Buying Achievements/Gear/professions. Whats the point of an MMO if you can buy your way to the finish.
    Your not buying your way to killing Garrosh on heroic, your buying your way to 90 where the game actually starts, that's no where near the finish. Do you know anyone that hit's 90 and says "woot I won, I'm going to quit now"....um no lol think again. Also it's an excellent price, they couldnt go too much higher or else it would just be cheaper to buy a new game to get the free 90 then xferring it, and much lower and wayyy too many people would be using it. Also from what I've seen about 30% of people think it's too much, 50% think it's just right and 20% think it's not enough, I'd say they hit the nail right on the head. Kudo's Bliz.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    So purchasing full rare mounts, pets etc wouldn't be P2W, since it's not "end-game"? Selling "The Insane" would be fine, since it's not "end-game"?

And yes, I have replayed virtually every game I've ever truly loved 5-15 times, some more.
    They are cosmetic they don't help ppl get advantage in pve or pvp. If they sold full current heroic or pvp gear then it'll be P2W

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmanderp View Post
    The purpose of this thread is to help understand why some people are crying out about this (possible) number for the cost. I personally think it is a reasonable price for the amount of content that you are skipping.
    Yup, you pay for content once, you pay for content monthly, then pay to skip that content. Because logic.

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    They are cosmetic they don't help ppl get advantage in pve or pvp. If they sold full current heroic or pvp gear then it'll be P2W
    That contradicts what some people regard as end-game though.
    Last edited by Vargur; 2014-02-19 at 08:02 AM.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkuza View Post
    I don't like the idea of buying a 90, but tbh it's not buying your way to the finish.
    It is.
    The point of an MMO is progression, and time spent playing is rewarded with reaching the last level and being able to take on harder content.
    Wether you like it or not, leveling is part of the game.

If you're a serious raider, you also have an advantage of time. Buying lvl 90 = less time spent lvling and more time spent raiding.
    You might argue that Lvling takes no time at all, but the average time taken to reach max lvl is way higher than most people seem to assume.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    What if I feel that obtaining ALL mounts that are possible to obtain "winning"?
    Why do you define what winning is? Does a PvP player lose the game because he hasn't downed Garrosh on heroic?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post
    Maybe for you it is.
    I've beat Metal Gear Solid 4 over 13 times btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.