Page 30 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    It's only pay to win if not everyone is allowed to buy the stuff?
    If purchasing an item gives you an advantage in finishing first, it is Pay-to-Win. If EVERYONE can purchase the same item, there is no advantage. Also, it is only possible to "win" at WoW if you have every single achievement point in the game and the servers are about to shut down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    You cannot sell something if it doesn't give an advantage. People may well get one with the expansion but I suspect that will be limited to pre orders. The valid argument is that outside wealth should never affect the experience in game.
    Every copy of WoD sold will contain a boost to 90. It has nothing to do with preorders.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Widow Maker View Post
    Doesn't matter if it was our fault or not. Point is, people were saying it would never happen yet it did. Just like people right now saying Blizz would never sell ilvl gear or certain advantages on the cash shop. You never know what blizz will see potential in in the near future.
    IF... if they ever sold gear, it would likely be trash that would allow you to skip crafting it for yourself. Prime example would be the 476 crafted gear. Give you a boost into Heroics, but no where near SoO quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    If purchasing an item gives you an advantage in finishing first, it is Pay-to-Win. If EVERYONE can purchase the same item, there is no advantage. Also, it is only possible to "win" at WoW if you have every single achievement point in the game and the servers are about to shut down.
    So there's never been pay to win in any game ever? Because WoW has no clearly defined endpoint no changes could ever be implemented as to cause it to become a pay to win?
    Last edited by Randec; 2014-02-19 at 09:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Because Blizzard gave a boost with WoD so returning players could just buy the expansion and get right into WoD content. Instead of having to level from what ever point the left off at. The community then liked the idea of a boost so much and asked Blizzard to create an individual boost so that they don't have to go through the Account Merge shuffle to buy a boost for more then one character.

The game hasn't created a need for a boost. Far from it.
    Ask yourself the question - why did the community like the idea of a boost?

To suggest this isn't a game created problem is utterly incredible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe its well-priced. what people dont realize is they are trying to kill the 3rd party market of powerleveling services. not only giving a nice jesture to returning subscribers or an option to skip content for alts.
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

Deleted
    It is not Pay-to-Win if EVERYONE can purchase a lvl 90 in a lvl 100 world. You keep using this phrase. I do not think it means what you think it means. Everyone is getting a FREE 90 when they purchase WoD. No one has an advantage cause everyone got one. It's like that scene in Willy Wonka with the Gobstoppers. Everyone gets one but some little twit still isn't satisfied.

- - - Updated - - -

They were using LORE as an excuse at the time until people said screw the lore and let us do (insert random service). Until they unlock all the race class combos and allow me to race change all my toons to Gnomes, I don't believe it.
    Read the thread title - this is about the $60 charge not the "free" boost given away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the thread title - this is about the $60 charge not the "free" boost given away.
    I understand that. But you are acting as though the $60 boost will offer some unfair advantage when, in fact, the advantage is nullified by the 90 that comes with the expansion.

My point is, there is ZERO advantage to buying a lvl 90 character in a lvl 100 world. The only benefit is convenience of time saved having to drudge through 30+ hours of bullshit, antiquated content. But, you will all continue to run about throwing phrases like "unfair advantage" and "pay to win", and propagate panic for no reason other than some drama-centric need. So, I will leave you all to it. Oh, and if you are ever on Blade's Edge... look me up. I will be the Undead HOLY priest named Sixtybucks.

Is there a name for that disease where you caps lock on random words

People seem to not realize that this service is something Blizzard shouldn't be providing in the first place. They should be fixing the leveling problem, not making the player pay extra to circumvent the problem. That's the whole point of paying the premium which is a sub fee, so that you don't have to deal with shit like this.
    It's laughable how expensive they made it but even if this service was cheap it would still be a problem, because this shouldn't be a paid service in the first place.

Earlie in the thread I mentioned WoW players needing a reality check, and I stand by that. There's things other then WoW in this world and dumping your wallet on a WoW just to skip WoW content is a fairly ridiculous idea.

Deleted
    Pay to win = buying in game power

Paid lvl 90 = more levels, more in game power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post

Yep, I bet all those lvl 100s will be quaking in their raid boots.

a level 90 will CLEARLY HAVE the power to killa lv100
    xD

Also, a paid 90 isnt stronger than a normal 90.
    could be evenworse since some wont have a clue how to play them.

Deleted
    It doesnt matter that lvl90 is not level cap, its still more ingame power.

Deleted
    This is absolutely disgusting and greedy from blizzard.

Content is lacking/boring/grindy? Why fix it? just charge 60 bucks for people to skip it.

A new low in MMOs

That's not true and you know it. "Power" in WoW is gear, measured in ilvls. Anything, anyone below max level of the current expansion is nothing to anyone at max.

The level 90 boost? all it does is get people to play the game, because we all know how very very few people actually enjoy the leveling process, and blizz and most players know the game doesn't really start till max level.

I don't care about the level 90 boost, my only concern was having more people who don't know how to play their class, but blizz seems to have thought of that and they have 10 levels to figure it out. Not that it makes much a difference cause baddies will always be bad compared to anyone that cares about performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by happoman View Post
    This is absolutely disgusting and greedy from blizzard.

Content is lacking/boring/grindy? Why fix it? just charge 60 bucks for people to skip it.

A new low in MMOs
    Apparently, the Lore knights love the world the way it is and are tired of us asking for new content. They are afraid of Cata#2. I don't blame them. This way, those of us who would rather do END GAME after all these years of constantly leveling alts from boredom no longer have to suffer through the first 89 levels and can get right to the current content.

I was single at the time and had 4 roommates who all played. My time then, was not as valuable. Nowadays, completely different story. It's ok though. I kept waiting for you to chime in. Haven't see you all day.
    Eh, I put my .02 in quite a few pages ago

If anything, a pay 90 is the furthest thing away from P2W they've offered, as the game already gives you a way to acquire as many 90's as you like. Even store mounts and pets are far more exclusive and arguably 'unfair', since there's no possible way to acquire them through in-game means.

Ask yourself the question - why did the community like the idea of a boost?

To suggest this isn't a game created problem is utterly incredible.
    It's the result of a pathetic cycle of players always asking for leveling to become easier / more expedient over the course of years, to the point that it's considered not even worthwhile participating in. Ever acquiescing to such requests was the first mistake made by the devs, so at this point monetizing game avoidance seems more efficient than trying to make the content interesting again.

If the paid service takes off, I do wonder what it will do for future leveling content. Make it more time consuming, to push more folks to pay for the skip? Make it far more trivial (is this even possible?), so less dev time is spent on overall content?

Deleted
    I understand that. But you are acting as though the $60 boost will offer some unfair advantage when, in fact, the advantage is nullified by the 90 that comes with the expansion.

My point is, there is ZERO advantage to buying a lvl 90 character in a lvl 100 world. The only benefit is convenience of time saved having to drudge through 30+ hours of bullshit, antiquated content. But, you will all continue to run about throwing phrases like "unfair advantage" and "pay to win", and propagate panic for no reason other than some drama-centric need. So, I will leave you all to it. Oh, and if you are ever on Blade's Edge... look me up. I will be the Undead HOLY priest named Sixtybucks.
    Yes you can use your wealth and skip the content and gain an advantage - shame not everyone can cheat.
    If you are going to play a holy priest beware Chakra is shit.

Finally is all there is to say, god damn finally.

Because its very fun leveling the same quests repeatedly and the same dungeons on multiple characters, this service is 4 expansions late at least and most characters are already level 90 or 85, so who cares.

Anyone disagreeing with it..What game are you playing the last 10 years seriously.

WoW as every other western game is about the end game content of each expansion, leveling is just a time waster.

This service is only good, overpriced but good.