Page 72 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Because the problem with the tedious 1-90 content will still remain, and people have allowed Blizzard to take the easy and greedy way out to just bypass everything for a large amount of money. If I was Blizzard I don't see any reason to ever bother improving the 1-90 content ever again.

Not to mention the whole sense of accomplishment of leveling a character to max level is completely gone. It was already getting a little pointless because questing became redicilous easy and you leveled pretty fast, but this is a problem that Blizzard should fix by rewarding players to go all journey with their characters. That is the point of a MMORPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeConqueror View Post
    Way to miss the forest for the trees. You are right though. Corrected original post. Was just typing off top of my head, not sure why 40 came to mind but it happened.
    The level cap in vanilla beta was 40 at one point.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Because the problem with the tedious 1-90 content will still remain, and people have allowed Blizzard to take the easy and greedy way out to just bypass everything for a large amount of money. If I was Blizzard I don't see any reason to ever bother improving the 1-90 content ever again.

Not to mention the whole sense of accomplishment of leveling a character to max level is completely gone. It was already getting a little pointless because questing became redicilous easy and you leveled pretty fast, but this is a problem that Blizzard should fix by rewarding players to go all journey with their characters. That is the point of a MMORPG.
    Pretty soon it's going to be renamed into MMOAG - action game, instant max level or none required, shoot'em up in instant queues, CoD/CS/BF/MoH style. Including the bitching in chats.
    So pretty much that Titanfall game.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeConqueror View Post
    It's not P2W. It's P2 catch up. Over time leveling has gotten longer and longer. It used to be 1-60, then 1-70, then 1-80, then 1-90 and soon 1-100. ?

in old days getting to lv 30 was taking longer then now to 90 with looms and boa items and everyone was happy with it as a part of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    I don't understand what you mean with this.

I found leveling a lot of fun in MoP, is it more of the same? Sure of course it is, but you making it sound like leveling in other expansions was different (or difficult) which it certainly was not, in fact killing some of the world rares in MoP is quite challenging in full green gear

I really enjoyed a lot of the story lines leveling and I thought it was put together very well.

I guess you just hate the theme? (which I can understand but that is vastly different to what you are saying).

Also levelling teaches you nothing about raiding with your class, I dinged a monk recently (about 5 weeks ago) I literally knew nothing about how to raid with her when she dinged, I am now doing 220k in flex, research is your friend.
    I mean that leveling alts in MoP was at a bare-minimum. I'm not sure what was hard to understand by that. You can find posts by Blizzard themselves stating how little people actually bothered to level alts in MoP. If you're asking why, it's because of what they did to the actual leveling process, the downfall began in Cata. Over time they've basically eliminated ANY incentive to level an alt, be it a new race, class, or character. Every class has access to the same exact talents, there's little difference now between the races, and the quest zones from 60-80 haven't been touched in years making it very boring. Heirlooms helped, but the main issue is the talent system and the outdated zones.

I did not refer specifically to the MoP content, which if you followed my analogy, was compared to a dessert - tasty and delicious, vs. the steak, soup, and salad as bland and uninspired. If you read a person's full post it will help to eliminate the need for them to repeat themselves.

Leveling may not teach you too much about raiding with your class - but it sure as hell teaches you more than if you buy a free ticket into raids. Explain that logic, please. And do your own research.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing in your post but a lot of white noise. And trying to form people's opinions for them. It's crap, won't convince us otherwise, good day

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    The level cap in vanilla beta was 40 at one point.
    You do know, leveling has never gotten longer. right? They always reduce it to take the same amount of time.

If they never reduced leveling it would take a fuck ton of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I may have to make this my signature line... with your permission of course.
    You got it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    Try being in a lfr with a bunch a pay to boosts dps in nothing but greens, and no knowledge of their class.... that's why the hate!
    You have no idea what hate means then. You HATE someone that does that? Pretty sad.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I guess because some how it makes some people feel like less of a special snowflake, that and it does make the lfr experience terrible as I have heard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cidic View Post
    This right here. I've already heard the war stories and SEEN what my 2 roommates went though the other night 2 nights in a row with boosted toons to 90. People playing them have no idea how to play the class they don't take the time to actually look up things at all and just figure they can get auto carried which sadly is what most (NOT ALL) of them are thinking. I can careless if someone boosts a toon but atleast learn how to play that toon before you step foot into a LFR or a flex for that matter.
    And this is new since they allowed the boost to 90.....lolol, people have been bitching about those same things since LFR was released, nothing new here other than people crying "I HAD TO GRIND LEVEL TO MAX, so I'm pissed that Blizz didn't do this for ME "

10+ Year Old Account
    At least we're temporarily not talking about how Raid Finder is so easy it's impossible to wipe. Small steps.

Few people agree on what "pay-to-win" even means so there's not going to be any agreement here about it either. I have yet to see anyone make a convincing case that level 90 in 483 gear is winning anything.

That's really all I have to say about it at this point.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Becuase noobs get access to characters they don't know how to use. Some ppl can't even use their main at basic level.....

Because some people think everyone actually learned while leveling up. Truth is, there won't be much of a difference.
    Stay salty my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmoredDragoon View Post
    Consider this: What is "Winning" in wow?

If you ask me, there are multiple things you "win" in in wow. One of these things is winning low level content, e.g. dungeons. Another one is completing levels, which is achieved through objectives. By paying money, you gain a boost that makes the first one trivial, and the second one just flat out instant.

That is by definition pay to win. This isn't just a cosmetic change that has no effect on gameplay.
    As a subjective term no one thinks that completing all the dungeons on heroic and getting to 90 is winning the game. I'm sure you can find maybe a dozen people that think it is, but in a scale of 7 million players that is no one.

In order to beat most games you have to get to the end of the game and beat that content.
    If you asked people what the major end game content is, the overwhelming majority will say either Arena/Rated bgs or end game raiding on heroic. A lot of other people will also include pet battling and achievement collecting as well. But if you look at those 4 points what does buying a 483 ilvl toon give you that gets you an advantage over anyone else doing these activities?

You can't so siege normal or heroic in 483 ilvl, at least without being a massive detriment to the team. You can't even do siege LFR in 483 ilvl.

You'll get rofl stomped in normal bgs, you have no chance in arena's or rated bgs. Assuming anyone would take you in the first place.

It doesn't give you instant team of 25 lvl battle pets.

It doesn't give you all 2000 plus achievements.

Everyone is allowed to have their own opinions on what "winning" is of course, but if your opinion is not based in reality, is not based off any factual evidence nor is agreed to by any significant percentage of your peers your opinion is not really that valid. Not if you want your opinion to be taken seriously anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krommm View Post
    Because some people think everyone actually learned while leveling up. Truth is, there won't be much of a difference.
    Agreed. Bad players will still be bad. Good players will learn their class quickly. Average players might take a little longer, but they will learn. If you're doing lfr now, wait a couple weeks and see how it changes. I'm guessing it won't change much at all, since those that fail hard on their boosted toons are more than likely the same people that you saw fail hard on their mains.

Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    Try being in a lfr with a bunch a pay to boosts dps in nothing but greens, and no knowledge of their class.... that's why the hate!
    As opposed to before when you were in LFR with a bunch of not pay-to-boost DPS wearing blues and purples with no knowledge of their class?

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    Because buying any form of advantege is considered P2W. You can whine as much as you want, yet it will remain true.
    Advantage over what (or who) exactly?

It all boils down to this: People have the mistaken impression that leveling 1-90 teaches you how to raid. Leveling teaches you how to kill thousands of mobs that die in 3 hits one after another while searching for question marks and exclamation points. The better part of learning how to play at max level happens at max level, regardless of the method you use to level up (be it traditional questing , dungeon spam with RaF, PvP, picking herbs on Wandering Isle -- or boosting from level 1).

In the end, 99.95% of complaining about it will vanish when level 90 is no longer max level. Until then, those of us who understand the good it's doing for the game and how little it really affects any of us individually will just have to smile and nod and let people vent, because it's not going anywhere at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Few people agree on what "pay-to-win" even means so there's not going to be any agreement here about it either.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=pay-to-win

hint: notice tags

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    You do know, leveling has never gotten longer. right? They always reduce it to take the same amount of time.
    That's not true. They only reduce the XP required to level by 25% to 30%. This means that levelling always gets longer. The only reason it hasn't is because Heirlooms.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Take this reasoning and apply it to gear.

LFR takes no skill, and you don't need to get better to clear it.

How would selling LFR gear be different? They would get the gear, have no idea how to play both ways, just by selling the gear they P2 not grind.

Do you support selling full LFR gear too? What about PvP, you can afk through BGs for a full honor set, why not sell it?

Leveling isn't the only part of the game without a skill barrier, how would selling those rewards be different?
    Uh someone hasn't done LFR ToT with a bunch of boosted 90s. If LFR takes no skill, then why was the 2nd post referring to the people hating boosted 90s due to people not knowing their classes? I watched a streamer who is trying to get their legendary quest done and was doing old raids and the LFR ToT raids there was a BUNCH of wiping. It goes to show that LFR does take some skill, if there wasn't LFR ToT would be a cakewalk by just hitting auto attack and going AFK. You say how is selling LFR gear different, easy, you take out the RNG of LFR. There have been times where I have cleared LFR and got nothing, also bosses still need to go down.
    Last edited by Theendgamelv3; 2014-03-20 at 12:14 AM.