Spectator mode, It's good, but could it be better?

When I first read spectator mode, I got very excited.

I like many of you I'm sure have a few fave pvpers that I look up to in regards to their playstyle/ability.

I personally feel that whilst the spectator mode is good, It's not going to be used outside of player organised tourneys.

I was hoping for something along the lines of being able to observe people at various ratings.

for eg;

View Current rating games - Giving you a chance to see how people of your rating are doing, playing, and the various comps/tactics around.
    View 2k+ rating games - Same thing as above, allowing you to see how the 'pros' do it to improve your game
    View Gladiators - Same thing as above but for those in the top 5%. really watching the elites go at it.

This would help lower skilled players learn a lot. and also be great for fans of high rated players when bored, it might even cut down on some exploiting, because whenever you do something shady, you could have 50 sets of eyes on you.

I personally would enjoy simply being able to queue/view and watch top notch players duke it out. I feel it would help players like myself improve.

What do you think? spectator system could it be enhanced?

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I personally feel that whilst the spectator mode is good, It's not going to be used outside of player organised tourneys.
    That's the point, read the damn post, it repeatedly says it's for player tournaments.

It will never happen for random matches because random or not someone WILL find a way to use it to cheat and sit in vent with the spectator as he tells them where people are stealthing and what they're doing.

I did read the post, I'm not disputing what it's use is either intended for or what it will be used as, I was starting a discussion on whether it could have been enhanced and approved, congrats on the +1 to your postcount for posting something which was well established in the opening sentence.

Infact perhaps YOU should read my damn topic title before you let your little teenage hormones and cheeto covered fingers tap away a rage post again, It was never in dispute, my question/statement was simply, could it be/become more.

Congrats on the +1 to your postcount for an absolutely ridiculous post contributing nothing. cretin.

Flaming is not tolerated here
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-02-19 at 04:51 AM.

Deleted
    Chat... a /1 for people that are watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fine as it is, will be a great tool for the community. Like the blues said, if you want to watch your favourite teams there's Twitch.

I prefere it this way, really.
    If you could spectate anyone, then that would take away revenue from both tournament organizers and individual streaming players unless you went the route that Valve did for Dota 2 and offer in game tickets.
    You'ld also have to allow for blocking spectators, since you wouldn't always want to allow people to scout for your weaknesses. You might argue you can still do that but atleast now you can't spectate 50 live games in a row, just what that team choses to show you.

Last but definitely not least, I think this would cause a major lag fest.

Deleted
    holy shit

like what the fuck

its not even life yet

and you already complain

I tweeted Holinka about the party size for the spectator that starts the arena. I asked him to make it raid size! My interpretation is that it would be a maximum of 5 people in a spectator party that can initiate a wargame between 2 other partys. Are we all agreed on that last sentence or is it seen differently by anyone?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    holy shit

like what the fuck

its not even life yet

and you already complain
    Its life for some of us