Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    As for your other argument, how can you justify arming the Taliban in the 80s?
    Because they killed dirty commies obviously. Same reason why commies supported Vietnam defenders!

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    "Or you know, you could disprove his assertion using facts, historical precedent, or even a well made argument." So you obviously didn't care that skroesec merely made assertions. Secondly are you just going to backpedal and blame it on them being anti-american one-liners or are you going to have standards?

It seems to be in your own mind that I'm condescending, because I'm not trying to be that way. And you post a lot of shit-post one liner throwaways with no argument or factual backing or logic involved. You're hardly one to be preaching.
    Whatever whatever, I do what I want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Help me understand your position, do you not believe that the petrodollar exists? Do you not believe that countries buying oil with USD does not benefit us? Or do you believe that it isn't a significant benefit?

As for your other argument, how can you justify arming the Taliban in the 80s?
    Because the "Taliban" didn't exist in the 80's

Deleted
    Ultimately, the populace have to be receptive to change; The U.S and the forces stationed within it were initially fighting unrestrained, for example, when a sniper would take potshots at a patrolling group of soldiers they'd fence the area off, and call for air support.

That created more resentment.

As such, the policy changed.

They had to fence the area off, and search it thoroughly; Often allowing the insurgent to mix in with the local populace and escape any punishment, and then it occurred again, and again, and again.

People seem to overestimate how much effort the U.S used, they were fighting with one arm tied behind the back; Pumping funds into a corrupt government to hopefully, HOPEFULLY want change.

Instead of the billions of dollars invested in schools, roads, hospitals, security forces, it went and lined the pockets of those ruling.

It's at the point now, where the forces leaving have to destroy infrastructure lest the insurgents retake it when they leave; That's the state of security within Afghanistan.

Really, it's a point of history where it reminds me of humanity at its worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post

Because the "Taliban" didn't exist in the 80's
    I think he was reffering to mujahiddin

Europe already took care of Africa long before the US was around or are we not blaming colonialism for some of the issues with Africa

The only reason the US is there is because China is going hard on Africa these days, as people always say "if China said they were going to put a man on Mars in 5 years then the US would put a man on mars in less then 5 years"

Africa is the last place besides the arctic that still has resources up for grabs. Theres a reason why America, Europe, and China are all vying for influence in the region.

Quote Originally Posted by Wixwix View Post
    Africa has a tremendous amount of natural resources, the US wants in on that.
    This.
    /10 chars.