Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Blizz no longer cares about WoW.

Just starting off by saying, I've always defended WoW's actions. More so than most people I know. I've stood by them and have had reasons for just about any of their questionable decisions. But, I can't do it anymore. I can't care about something that the devs themselves don't care about.

Those behind WoW are putting in the most bare minimum of work; the game is now comparable to a facebook microtransaction game. They don't care much about what you think of the game, so long as they can get the most money out of it.

Examples abound of this: they are putting bare minimum work into player housing (Garrisons), something requested since launch. No customization, forced tier upgrades, you are building an effective base, not the one you want.

Mounts, we've seen about as many new mounts models from 5.1 on in the cash shop, as we have in the actual game, including one that's been wanted since launch: a bat mount. This is inexcusable, especially since many of the new mounts are very unique, while some of the in game ones (like the two SoO mounts) are not at all. Cash mounts are fine, so long as you can get something comparable in game: which you can't.

Re-adding stuff thats been formally taken away and acting like its the best thing ever (skirmishes).

Re-doing the player models, but not offering a player re-customization

Even little things stick out, like the stupid restrictions placed on mog (Oh, want to mog your 2 hand sword into a polearm? haha, no.). Or how they couldn't just go and recolor the elite pvp for a new season. Heck, they changed the chat client for the sheer sake of screwing over a popular addon, so people would use their own (poorly made) version of the addon (they killed oque).

WoD is a prime example. What's new with WoD? A bare bones player housing? Updated player models with zero new customization (that wont be done for all races)? Other expansions gave you reason to want them outside of "new raid tier and new armor!". WoD is essentially a raid patch with a few extra zones tacked on. And they'll charge you just as much as former expansions (potentially more, if the survey's they sent out a few weeks ago are any indication).

People shouldn't stand by this. People should expect MORE out of blizzard, rather than LESS. Each new batch of content is getting lazier than the last. Don't support this: don't buy from their item shop. Even if you're getting WoD, don't pre-order, let them sweat out their less than expected preorder amounts. Let people know you're dissatisfied and make it clear -WHY- you are. Pose questions to dev twitters about real issues in the game, and don't let up just because they don't answer.

I know what people will say: its a business, they should be allowed to make money. And yes, this is true. But they shouldn't be making it at the expense of their players. They shouldn't get away with bare minimum. The "They are a company" excuse gets us crap like Bioware releasing important story characters as day 1 DLC. Or Diablo 3 having a money shop. Or EA.... being EA.

I can't tell if you're a troll or just retarded.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-02-19 at 03:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    they killed oque
    Well besides everything you saying being pretty much nonsense, this part I really had to get into. They "killed" OQ because OQ was asking for donations in-game, which is against the TOS.

That's why Blizzard said next week they're shutting the game down, and the rest of their franchises to move onto breeding catdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    Just starting off by saying, I've always defended WoW's actions. More so than most people I know. I've stood by them and have had reasons for just about any of their questionable decisions. But, I can't do it anymore. I can't care about something that the devs themselves don't care about.

Those behind WoW are putting in the most bare minimum of work; the game is now comparable to a facebook microtransaction game. They don't care much about what you think of the game, so long as they can get the most money out of it.

Examples abound of this: they are putting bare minimum work into player housing (Garrisons), something requested since launch. No customization, forced tier upgrades, you are building an effective base, not the one you want.

Mounts, we've seen about as many new mounts models from 5.1 on in the cash shop, as we have in the actual game, including one that's been wanted since launch: a bat mount. This is inexcusable, especially since many of the new mounts are very unique, while some of the in game ones (like the two SoO mounts) are not at all. Cash mounts are fine, so long as you can get something comparable in game: which you can't.

Re-adding stuff thats been formally taken away and acting like its the best thing ever (skirmishes).

Re-doing the player models, but not offering a player re-customization

Even little things stick out, like the stupid restrictions placed on mog (Oh, want to mog your 2 hand sword into a polearm? haha, no.). Or how they couldn't just go and recolor the elite pvp for a new season. Heck, they changed the chat client for the sheer sake of screwing over a popular addon, so people would use their own (poorly made) version of the addon (they killed oque).

WoD is a prime example. What's new with WoD? A bare bones player housing? Updated player models with zero new customization (that wont be done for all races)? Other expansions gave you reason to want them outside of "new raid tier and new armor!". WoD is essentially a raid patch with a few extra zones tacked on. And they'll charge you just as much as former expansions (potentially more, if the survey's they sent out a few weeks ago are any indication).

People shouldn't stand by this. People should expect MORE out of blizzard, rather than LESS. Each new batch of content is getting lazier than the last. Don't support this: don't buy from their item shop. Even if you're getting WoD, don't pre-order, let them sweat out their less than expected preorder amounts. Let people know you're dissatisfied and make it clear -WHY- you are. Pose questions to dev twitters about real issues in the game, and don't let up just because they don't answer.

I know what people will say: its a business, they should be allowed to make money. And yes, this is true. But they shouldn't be making it at the expense of their players. They shouldn't get away with bare minimum. The "They are a company" excuse gets us crap like Bioware releasing important story characters as day 1 DLC. Or Diablo 3 having a money shop. Or EA.... being EA.

tldr

move on bro

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/

Post constructively
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-02-19 at 03:24 PM.

WoW bro you sound mad

Maybe move onto a new game?
    WoW will still go on without you though

They stopped caring a long time ago. About the same time they started caring about profits it makes. What's your point?

It was a change to how game does whispers and underline information. The addon author is working on a fix. It was not a break like the mod is saying it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's actually a brilliant business strategy. Make the worst xpac ever (MoP) about kung fu panda and feeding carrots to bunnies, and then charge people to NOT play it.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Well besides everything you saying being pretty much nonsense, this part I really had to get into. They "killed" OQ because OQ was asking for donations in-game, which is against the TOS.
    ? OQ still works in fact like 15 of my friends have been spamming OQ all fucking day lol

They didn't kill Oqueue. If you search there are blue posts explaining some of the changes that broke the addon. There's one on the front page: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11764946800#10

It is Curse that no longer support the addon due to it asking for donations.

Deleted
    In someone's eyes, Blizzard "no longer cares about WoW" since the first major content patch, and every patch from then on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
    ? OQ still works in fact like 15 of my friends have been spamming OQ all fucking day lol
    I assumed he was talking about the time it was blocked due to donations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    It's actually a brilliant business strategy. Make the worst xpac ever (MoP) about kung fu panda and feeding carrots to bunnies, and then charge people to NOT play it.
    If you actually think mop is worse than cata then I think there might be something wrong with you...
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Idk i think WOD will be a lot better than cata and mop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am excited for Garrisons, player housing in Rift and Aion was the biggest piece of garbage in my opinion. I don't like having a crappy little house that I can customise for no good reason and get nothing out of it other than inviting people over and going "hey look at my crappy carpet with a table on it guys". I can really get behind building up my garrison, sending out followers, etc etc. Garrisons fit wow like a glove, a major part of Warcraft was base building. This is my opinion, one shared by many others but not all. The fact of the matter is no matter what Blizzard do, people are going to disagree. Well guess what? If you don't like it, don't play it. If they add something to the game and you truly believe that they no longer care about the game, just because said change doesn't appeal to you... just quit.

I am looking forward to WOD, more than I looked forward to MOP, which turned out to be my favourite expansion so far. Garrisons, revisting Draenor and the orcs that started it all, new stats, new models, new questing system and getting ganked like on isle are just a few of the things I look forward to.

This is an insightful, original, and well researched thread. Except not.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

I agree with some of your points, but the expansion isn't even in beta yet. I'm going to withhold criticism until I see some WoD gameplay footage or participate in beta testing.

In regards to the cash shop...I prefer the transactions there to an increase in expansion prices or subscription fees, sub fees in particular haven't risen in the last decade although inflation certainly has.

Maybe move onto a new game?
    WoW will still go on without you though
    so much this! Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    Because it is a base, not player housing.