Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    I'm assuming they made the business decision because they figure it takes the average person who doesn't know all the tricks to optimizing their levelling experience and can't afford to binge play for 72 hours straight about four months to level a character to 90. That's why they're charging 60 bucks: 4 months * $15 = $60. I think you vastly overestimate the number of players who will actually pay money for a boost to 90, regardless of the cost.
    It also fits with their charges on other services, $10 just to do an automated varchar change in a database (name change), for example. I believe that ONE of the reasons why the pricing is high is to deter excessive use of the service, effectively limiting the amount of name changing, server/faction hopping, character boosting etc that goes on in order to keep a fraction of stability in server communities.

It's both. Luxury offerings are typically cash grabs, and that's why they're so expensive. The rabid fan base that will drop any amount of cash for something as silly as a level boost will probably drop $60 just as readily as it would drop $20. Plus your pricing suggestion is insane. Why would anyone pay for a $25 server transfer when they could just roll on that server and drop $10 on a boost to 90? If you don't think the boost to 90 is worth it (and I wouldn't blame you because I don't think it's worth it either) just don't buy it.
    I think that regardless of the loss of server transfers (except for people who'd rather carry along the gear), the explosion of sales for having such a cheap method of levelling would be the most effective if they were looking to make a last-ditch cash grab like the people here are talking about. A luxury offering doesn't give explosive returns so it is more suited for long term returns, which doesn't fit the idea of a last-ditch cash grab, it implies longetivity.

Not that their intentions have meant anything before, but Blizzard is claiming to be tuning mythic raiding to 20 players so they can shift back to this style again. They said that lots of the homogenization was due to the demands of 10-man raiding. With only 10 people in the raid it was hard to come up with a raid composition that would cover all the mechanics so they just gave everyone the same skills. Now they're going to put those mechanics in 20-man raids so they can go back to making each class into its own niche again.
    It also gives the encounter designers more freedom, which will be amazing, I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You don't know if his opinion is that of the minority.

Just to remind you, this game has already lost some 40% of its subs. You have to thank Blizzard for that.
    Yeah Blizzard.

Or, I dunno, the fact it's more than 9 years old and costs $180 a year to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    They stopped caring a long time ago. About the same time they started caring about profits it makes. What's your point?
    blizzard cared about the profits this game would make the second development began. if game companies made games not to make money, well, they would just be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah Blizzard.

Or, I dunno, the fact it's more than 9 years old and costs $180 a year to play.
    Which is still cheaper than a lot of other entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Well besides everything you saying being pretty much nonsense, this part I really had to get into. They "killed" OQ because OQ was asking for donations in-game, which is against the TOS.
    They (blizz) also said that they used OQ themselves. So I dont really understand why they would break it.

Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post

Heck, they changed the chat client for the sheer sake of screwing over a popular addon, so people would use their own (poorly made) version of the addon (they killed oque).
    Over react much ? Addons often stop working when there's a patch. Blizzard needs to do things that make the game run as well as possible. Sometimes that involves changing something in the code or the API or whatever. Normally when this happens any addons that stop working as a result of such changes are fixed within 1-2 days.... The idea that Blizz do this to stop people using addons and instead use Blizzards own built in features is laughable.

I noticed oqueue wasn't working earlier today and after 30 seconds research on google (it was the 2nd result when I searched for "Oqueue") I found the addons facebook page which said that it would be fixed by Thursday... low and behold there is a new version available for download already.

From Oque's facebook page:
    ***ATTENTION***
    Can't waitlist? We know, and it is being dealt with =] thank you for your patience! ETA for hot fix on Blizzard's end looks like Thursday ( not set in stone )

we're still waiting for the btag friend request note to return. hotfix is pending for Thursday.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2014-02-20 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devechka View Post
    Which is still cheaper than a lot of other entertainment.
    Yeah I'm just saying at almost 10 years old the number of people who play it regularly are obviously going to drop, especially since it's not an insignificant financial investment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

jesus, this patch has brought out all the entitled little brats

these threads never seem to end... if you dont like the game, you are free to quit.

why people feel the need to make a thread speaking to everyone about how they are personally unhappy with the game is just baffling to me. now, as nicely as i can put it, WE REALLY DON'T GIVE A SHIT. bye :wave:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    I agree with you man, but GL around here stating an opinion that doesn't unquestioningly worship the ground Blizzard pisses on.
    Well to be honest, this statement goes both ways. Good luck stating any positive opinion on the game here without attracting the attention of people that try to convince you that the game sucks based on their personal experience. I'm all for different opinions, but a lot of people mistake their opinions as facts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    It's actually a brilliant business strategy. Make the worst xpac ever (MoP) about kung fu panda and feeding carrots to bunnies, and then charge people to NOT play it.
    Haha, spot on... This is sadly exactly what Blizzard is doing.
    Shadowpriest & Warlock

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    Well to be honest, this statement goes both ways. Good luck stating any positive opinion on the game here without attracting the attention of people that try to convince you that the game sucks based on their personal experience. I'm all for different opinions, but a lot of people mistake their opinions as facts.
    Yeah, I agree with that.

I mainly was trying to point out that no matter how well thought out, well written and valid something is, if it shines light on negative aspects of ANYTHING that Blizzard does it will be met with the exact same response from the "community" and buried under hundreds of fanboy posts.
    Just take a look at every single page of this topic. People didn't read what the OP said, all they read was the thread title or latched onto small things because they instinctively felt the need to defend their own reverence of Blizzard.

I'm not trying to claim that similar doesn't happen when people post positive things, but they are always defended by packs of fanboys ready to bury anyone with a legitimate criticism under a flood of praise, and prepared to attack anyone with a different opinion because they view them as an enemy.

Either way really, it is unhealthy to hold something in such high regard or hate with such passion that you refuse to even acknowledge that your view towards it may be skewed as a means to defend your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkDath View Post
    Wholeheartedly agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    The title of this thread should read Blizz Is No Longer Blizz.

People are so insanely loyal to Blizzard, and I just don't understand it. Blizzard is a company. It's made up of a lot of people. A minority percentage of the people working there now worked there when they made vanilla. They've merged with activision, anyone who pays any attention to this industry should understand what the implications of that merger are. When they introduce a change to the public, there's a good chance that some people at the company are just as upset as we are. Some probably even quit over creative differences. It's not five guys sitting there, drawing all the art, designing all the content, writing all the lore, and deciding how much to charge for what.

The people who create the content we love are not the same one's deciding blizzard's business practices. Please stop operating under that assumption.

People naturally complain if they don't think they're getting a fair deal. Consumer opinions matter. Companies spend good money to figure out what their consumers are thinking. They want people's complaints. The negative criticism helps them improve. They have boxes where you can leave surveys, numbers you can call to comment on the quality of the goods or services you received. They aggregate this data and create pie charts and graphs and spend a good amount of effort analyzing it. Whether you see the value in consumer opinions or not, I assure you they are worth something.

I saw a thread the other day, people were complaining about ISP's and phone service providers. Nobody said "you're just an entitled brat!", or "well just don't buy it then lol". Nobody has this blind loyalty to phone companies or isps where they're willing to flame other people who criticize it. It's something about a company that produces something like a videogame, that people actually grow attached to. To me, it's misdirected affection, having such strong feelings about a company. It's a business. Get a girlfriend.
    Last edited by Randec; 2014-02-21 at 10:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Just to remind you, this game has already lost some 40% of its subs. You have to thank Blizzard for that.
    Just blizzard? I mean it can't be for any other reason right...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    Just blizzard?
    Don't forget activision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

Of course Blizzard doesn't care about its prime cash-cow, I mean who wants to keep (and increase) their customer numbers. In fact Blizzard studios is actually Scrooge McDuck's money pool and the developers spend their time watching the game's demise while sipping on quality wine and eating caviar...

This thread is a load of crap.

I agree with the part about not being able to transmogrify 2H swords into polearms.

You call WoD a raid patch? What exactly did TBC/Wrath/Cata/Mop give aside from new levels, new quests, new raids and new 5 mans?