Thousands of Stacks of Ghost Iron ore?!

Just a random question, but there are a few guys on my realm who have been advertising the last month or so almost non stop, asking for people to COD them stacks of Ghost Iron ore. They claim they need THOUSANDS of stacks per day.

I am just wondering. What the HELL are they doing with it all? I cant possibly imagine that the gem market is so lucrative that they could turn a profit prospecting it and selling it all, considering they would flood the market insanely quickly.

Are they smelting it for blacksmithing? (if so, why not just ask for bars?).

What gives?

Are they asking for golden lotus too? They could be prospecting then transmute mastering it into blue gems. I know a guy who does this literally all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted

jeebus that seems like a lot of work.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    jeebus that seems like a lot of work.....
    Its one of the most popular ways to turn a lot of profit.

Got a mate who spends like 250k on ore a week. He shuffles then buys a load of lotus and xmutes, makes tonnnes from the gems.

Shuffle in MoP is a lot less profitable than Cata for sure. Hell, even the Cata shuffle with a JC and enchanter for green rings is less work for more profit IMO. Hypnotic Dust might as well be a license to print money on my server.

yeah shuffling still works to some degree, I find you can almost double your investment when you shuffle, but instead of making dusts and the like -- cut perfect gems that easily sell for 40g each. Perfect gems proc at around 10%.

Judging from the amount of people constantly spamming 'WTB GIO 40g COD unlimited' on my realm, I'd say the shuffle is still somewhat profitable.

Deleted
    I tried this once for a few days and it was the most boring, mind numbing thing you can ever do. Standing there and prospecting all that ore, then crafting items to disenchant or make gems then listing it all on auction and watching for undercutters. It takes hours and hours to do all that.

Theres no way in hell a sane person can continue to do that without some kind of bot and I'm very suspicious of people claiming they do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubb View Post
    I tried this once for a few days and it was the most boring, mind numbing thing you can ever do. Standing there and prospecting all that ore, then crafting items to disenchant or make gems then listing it all on auction and watching for undercutters. It takes hours and hours to do all that.

Theres no way in hell a sane person can continue to do that without some kind of bot and I'm very suspicious of people claiming they do it.
    Fun is subjective.
    I'm sure there are things you like others don't.

Deleted
    I'm doing the "casual" shuffle version. Casual aka simplified as much as possible, to save time on low-profit things. According to my tsm i sold 7.9 million worth of stuff, at 6.2 million spending so I still made great profit over past 4 months. Half of the spending is golden lotus (over 3 million gold).

There are some ways to make this "casual" aka not consuming more than 1-2 hours a day.
    -Using CKS to prospect ores. Almost every shuffler i know uses this. It's multiboxer style addon, forwards keystrokes to wow.
    -Properly set-up TSM. Allows to post all those 400+ gems with a single ah scan at once.
    -Just vendoring shit that generates little to no profit. My realm is huge, current content enchanting mats are WORTHLESS. So i just mass produce the green rings/necks and plain VENDOR THEM. Simple as that! DEing this shit is a gold loss on my realm. Same with blue color gems. Lapis lazuli & river heart & sparkling shard = just vendor this shit. Not worth selling in AH for 5 gold when its worth 4 gold to a vendor.

Core shuffle mechanics are:
    -JC with all mop cuts (incl meta gems)
    -Transmute master alchemist

Buy ore. Prospect it. Buy golden lotus, Transmute (Primal DIamond double dips) and sell.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2014-03-10 at 05:49 PM.