Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
14
22
23
24
  1. #461
    High Overlord toomes211's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    How many hours /played do you have and how much have you spent on game time?
    If I had to check and add it up I can tell you for sure it's less than one dollar per hour in game, which is better than most other video games I spend money on.

  2. #462
    I agree most of the paid services are totally optional (I disagree on char transfer, because when I moved to a full realm, everything became better so it is a clear advantage). I want to make a point however that lvl 90 char boosting can actually be an advantage over other players in regard of professions and making gold. Of course very few people will boost 3,4+ characters only for professions, but it is a possibility.

  3. #463
    Scarab Lord Gothicshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Boretom leats to apadhy, apadhy leats do lazy, ant lazy leats do obesidy.
    Posts
    4,864
    Quote Originally Posted by axolotls View Post
    I believe you vastly misunderstood the intent of my post, especially if the "you complainers" bit was aimed at me.
    I wholeheartedly agree that it's a cheap service for those who choose to use it upon availability.
    That being said, I do not agree with your stance that your time spent leveling is costing you any amount of money, unless you'd be at work otherwise. Your time is worth $21/hr at work, and at work only. Relative to location, according to glassdoor.com, I make the same amount of money as you. That doesn't mean I "spent" $63 watching Harry Potter last night. Time is only money when that time can actually be spent making money.
    The "you complainers" is the generic aimed at people who are crying that Blizzard is charging for leveling.

    As to the concept I outlined putting value to my time when I am enjoying myself. It is a fairly common way to look at time, and if you can look at you time has always having a dollar value it changes the way you look at each activity, ie watching 3 Harry Potter films back to back, if you did it because someone else was having fun and you didn't enjoy that time, essentially you gave that person $63 of your time. Now if you choose to spend that time yourself, that was the cost of the films and your time, the next question becomes did you get ~$85 dollars worth of entertainment. I would say you did if you were happy afterwards.

    Leveling use to be worth the time spent because I enjoyed it, sadly after 5 play-troughs I tend to feel my time is best spent elsewhere. Since the leveling game is no longer interesting and is a waste of my time, and I can put a value on that time.

  4. #464
    Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    I agree most of the paid services are totally optional (I disagree on char transfer, because when I moved to a full realm, everything became better so it is a clear advantage). I want to make a point however that lvl 90 char boosting can actually be an advantage over other players in regard of professions and making gold. Of course very few people will boost 3,4+ characters only for professions, but it is a possibility.
    If someone wants to pay $240 (1.25 years' worth of subs) to boost four characters to max level I'd say they're entitled to max professions. I have a bunch of alts that I manually levelled in order to cover all professions, and in all honesty I can say I spent far less time doing that than I did on the legendary cape quests for a single character. Also it's not like professions would give a huge advantage. Each guild usually has several max level crafters for any given profession, and from the sound of it WoD is going to reduce the role that professions play even further.
    Last edited by Ronduwil; 2014-02-21 at 07:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

  5. #465
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    It might not be a popular thing to say here, but people should lose their welfare if this is the case imo.
    If you've ever had to work with an MMO hermit you wouldn't want them pushed into the work force.
    now taking suggestions for a new cartoon signature.

  6. #466
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    If you've ever had to work with an MMO hermit you wouldn't want them pushed into the work force.
    Well there are some who claim to be busy and have a life, but display horrible social skills mixed with strong bias and hatred for others not like them and non-team oriented behavior. There seems to be a number of people who play WoW that dont seem like someone I would want to work with or get serviced by, but such is the work force as is.

  7. #467
    Wow, I cant believe what I am seeing here!

    if 60 bucks breaks you, you shouldn't be playing wow anyway, second, level the damn toons, you don't have to buy them! Is it unfair that some can afford it? Nope, hell Im buying 2 90s when it comes out because I am to fin lazy!
    27" Imac - Intel i7-3.5 GHz - Nvidia GTX 780 - 16GB DDR3 1600MHz - 512GB SSD - Dual Boot w/OS X Mavericks & Windows 8.1

    "You are what your life says you are, nothing more, nothing less"


  8. #468
    people that complain about WoW prices must have never wasted $100 at a bar. I need to check myself before I wreck myself.

  9. #469
    as a new player to WoW and a college student, I too agree that the 13 a month isn't too much to ask!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •