Deleted

Positive/Negative reputation system.

Some forums have this (rep/neg) system where you can pretty much like/dislike someones comment and it adds to their reputation - best way to describe it.
    You start off on Gray
    If you get negged, you go Red
    If you get repped, you go Green
    If you get 100 points of Rep, you go 2 bars of green, 200 points, 3 bars etc etc

Would be pretty cool to have the system on here. Would probably stop a lot of name calling too if people could just neg other peoples posts.

Y'all know what I'm sayin?

Ya, that in no way can be abused by people in these clique threads or by random people.

That's right along the lines of like/dislike options:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    Q: Can you add like/dislike buttons to the forums?
    A: It's possible that this might be added in the future. The biggest problem regarding this suggestion is simply how large the site is, and trying to find a way to make it work for us. There's no sort of ETA on it happening. (Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.)
    I think the biggest roadblock right now is it's way to easy for these sort of systems to be abused

There's no need for negative rating. Just add "Like" button and user has 3 likes per day to spend.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    There's no need for negative rating. Just add "Like" button and user has 3 likes per day to spend.
    More like one like per week.

it's never been a good system

Quote Originally Posted by GenaiTN View Post
    Would be pretty cool to have the system on here. Would probably stop a lot of name calling too if people could just neg other peoples posts.
    I don't think there is anything that could stop people like that from being that rude

If I made a thread about how boring and devoid of adventure World of Warcraft is because of things like flying mounts and all of the convenience that has turned the game into a fast food MMO, someone would call me an autist or just tell me I'm full of shit and enjoy wearing my rose tinted shades too much.

I'd have a negrep bar that ate up my entire postbit in a matter of minutes

There is already whiffs of bully style clique shit, adding that will just create drama where there currently is none.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a rating. Look up on your right side and you will see rate this tread. We could say that is + and - for a tread.
    Its not for every player (only OP), but it works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by GenaiTN View Post
    Some forums have this (rep/neg) system where you can pretty much like/dislike someones comment and it adds to their reputation - best way to describe it.
    You start off on Gray
    If you get negged, you go Red
    If you get repped, you go Green
    If you get 100 points of Rep, you go 2 bars of green, 200 points, 3 bars etc etc

Y'all know what I'm sayin?
    Far too many T words on this forum that would just downvote everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Far too many T words on this forum that would just downvote everything.
    I just googled 'T word', I assume you mean Twat, another word for idiot?

We have a rating. Look up on your right side and you will see rate this tread.
    Where can we see the results of this rating system?

Deleted
    And why do we need it? So people don't voice unpopular opinions and rather be in their circlejerks? There wouldn't be any discussion (if there is now) because of it.

If that post is so bad and is breaking the rules, just report it if you really can't just imagine that some people might have different opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    I just googled 'T word', I assume you mean Twat, another word for idiot?

Where can we see the results of this rating system?
    I think he meant 'trolls'. Censored it to 't-word' because it's against the forum rules to call someone out on being a troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many people will - anyone who doesn't agree with them. These systems rarely promote forum behaviour.

Deleted
    A huge no, this is not facebook or youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Unf View Post
    It would make this site become an echo chamber.
    It isn't already?

OT: I like this idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    That reminds me of some sites where the "like" option is free, but for dislike you need to register an account... bullshit.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.