Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    We'll try to start with normals and add people as we get them (using the flex tech) and switch to mythical once we have the 20 solid roster (5 on reserve).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    For 25 mans? Ya.
    For 10 mans? They should have started the day they finished progression in Siege.

If they are merging then it may take more then 1 try to find a good fit.

If they are recruiting people to start a second 10 man then that takes a ton of time and effort. Recruiting for 25 mans are WAY easier then recruiting for a 10 man and it still may take us months to fill one spot. It took us 7 months of actively looking for a resto druid to find one we were happy with. We have been searching for a tank replacement since the first week of December and have yet to get one past trial. I believe we are on our 5th tank trial.

It's never too early.

This^^ We killed Heroic Garrosh on 10 man mid December and started recruitment straight away. But even though we got a world rank #58 this Tier, we're having to recruit players who're 8/14 Heroic. Every 10 man guild knows, that they either have to merge or have to recruit 12-15 players in order to survive in WoD. Many of them will fail and only the really dedicated will make that cut.

Right now I feel it's impossible to recruit from the official forums, unless you want the ilvl 530 DK with just Flex experience:/ But I also think, that we'll see an increase in skilled players looking for a new guild, as we get closer to WoD launch. Cause atm many players are in a guild that they hope will manage to recruit enough players or they're in a merge project they hope goes well. But many of them will need to find another guild and the closer we get, the more people will be searching imo.

To the guilds who're waiting until close to WoD launch, I don't think you stand a chance and I don't think you realize how much time and effort it requires. Sure, if you don't care about your rank or don't mind doing Normals for a while, then there's no rush. But most people who're capable of raiding Heroics, won't be looking for a guild that's stuck with Heroic modes, cause they don't have enough to go Mythic.

I would say that those who are 9/14-13/14hm will have the hardest time.

If you are less progressed than that you likely will be progressing through heroics (current normal) for a good bit (we are 11/14 in 25 and it took us 1-2 months to clear normal) and you'll have a good feel and time to recruit to 20. (Especially helps that its flex so recruits won't be bench sitting)

If you are full cleared you're more likely to be able to attract people. At that particular range though, you're going to likely be going through heroics fast so won't have much time to recruit for mythic. And most will want to ensure the guild is already at the 20 player limit so there are no questions.

As usual we recruit everyone we can get with potential and will trim the roster once the addon and the first weeks of progress hit. Being not in a top5 guild it's way too early anyways to make decisions in regards to the roster. There is still just so much time and some certainly won't survive the months of farm.

every 25 man guild has a few bads, and everybody knows them, I'd cut them so fast you wouldn't see the blood for days.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    Go 20man instead of 25 + 10 +25norm and have whoever's left go "heroic"

Deleted
    Nothing we alredy swaped to 25man with 13/14 hc progress. Very easy to find new people.

Deleted
    We're in a strange situation as being what is basically the only decently progressed guild raiding our times (mornings) in the EU ... which already makes recruiting a bit of a pain in the ass. We have a second raid team that started this tier, and doing well - so we're going to do a joint 25m with them (and one or two socials / friends of the guild / etc types) this week to get our feet wet.

Our problem as someone else said is tanks. We have 3 tanks in our team, one of them has a DPS alt he can play but really - tanks are tanks, and that's why they like doing. Our other team has 2 more. That's 5 tanks, and we need to somehow fit them in and/or get them to play DPS and do it without disrupting the groups as a whole.

Deleted
    25man here with a current roster of 36 thanks to 10 of our core leaving. Um i assume we will fail the bad trials now and bench the slackers later.