Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    I find it strange that some people think that by virtue of having shot him, the officer felt her life was threatened and thus justified. This sort of ex post facto reasoning is ridiculous.

Deleted
    that man should be shot and is unfit for something like policeman, how can you shoot a kid that opens the door with a wifi controller, are you totally retarded ???????

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Yea, because those looks like real guns. I mean shit, here I live in Europe, no access to guns whatsoever, but I can tell fake guns from real guns. In America you can buy guns everywhere, it's legal, your neighbours have one, yet you have trouble setting them apart? To makes things worse, it was a cop, someone who's had training with fire arms? Give me a break. This can't be justified. You need to lose the guns and stop trying to make up excuses why they should be allowed. The rest of the world doesn't legalize guns and we're fine. Your turn.
    And your European governments have rounded groups of you up to exterminate time and time again. You have no power to fight back. How sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Arexander View Post
    Again, not saying what she did was right, merely stating everything isn't black and white. You can claim allllllll day every day about how they should know better given they've had training, but people make mistakes, the argument that their training should make for zero error is stupid, because i can guarantee that anyone saying that has screwed up in their jobs more than once. If you're going to say it was bad and she made a mistake, okay, but implying the ENTIRE police force across the nation is complete crap on the actions of one officer making a mistake, you're just being a general ass and idiot if you make such claims, especially if those are based off such moronic view points.

If you think the actions of this single cop are what people are basing their opinion on the ENTIRE police force you are mistaken. People make their opinions on the police force based upon their personal life experiences and the exposure they have had to cops in the media. This is one instance among many that cause people to have a bad opinion on law enforcement officers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's actually pretty typical in the US now. More than a handful of people get off every year with the, "Obviously if I shot him, I felt threatened, so it was ok. /trollFace" defense.

What's funny is that it (seems) to mostly only apply to guns, because of the rabid gun fetish the US has. If you STAB someone, no one cares, because it's not a gun and you're just a murderer. But if you shoot them? Oh, well you're a REAL 'MURICAN. /boggle
    Its a trickle down effect of the military worship that takes place here.

lol, comparing Serbia population size with United States.

Of course there's going to be more carriers per 100 people.

How childish of an example.

- - - Updated - - -

The entire point of his argument is that you have no idea the stress the police are put under. You don't go out and risk your life every day to keep others safe, and for you to say you're the type to put even more stress on an officer by pointing a gun at them when they come to your door shows you are the lowest of the low. It's like staring at a person mopping at an establishment, right in the eyes, and pouring your soda on to the floor. It's not against the rules, right? It's their job to clean it up anyways, they can't get mad at you, right? You're low.
    I'm sorry but here's a list of some dangerous jobs. Cops are bullies with badges. Your analogy of pouring your soda has one flaw, the person mopping doesn't pull out a gun and shoot you for it!
    http://www.forbes.com/pictures/efkk4...dliest-jobs-2/

Quote Originally Posted by Aktillum View Post
    If you think the actions of this single cop are what people are basing their opinion on the ENTIRE police force you are mistaken. People make their opinions on the police force based upon their personal life experiences and the exposure they have had to cops in the media. This is one instance among many that cause people to have a bad opinion on law enforcement officers.
    So, what about the cop I saw the other day that stopped along side the median to help a teenage girl crying because she ran out of gas? He made sure she wouldn't get hit by parking his car behind and along side hers just in case, and had someone come in the form of voluntary gas to get her to a gas station to get her tank filled? Oh, did I mention she also had expired tags but forgot to put her new stickers on, of which he ignored and said to put them on later because she had already been having a bad day? Oh, yeah, you're not going to hear about that, because why would a nice cop generate any good media romps. And personal experience? You want to know the majority of people's bad experiences with cops? They broke the law and got caught, and then were fussy when they were being ticketed. Wow, they caught you, so much for them doing their JOB, and you being a sleeze bag and not following the rules and putting others in danger. Yeah no, go ahead, generalize an entire career path, good on you. I hope you're not anti-racist as well, because wow what a hypocritical slap to everyone you're involved with.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry but here's a list of some dangerous jobs. Cops are bullies with badges. Your analogy of pouring your soda has one flaw, the person mopping doesn't pull out a gun and shoot you for it!
    Your post is completely irrelevant, I'm not talking about dangerous jobs, I'm talking about being a jerk for making someone elses job harder than it already is. Throw a potential shot to the heart in there every day you wake up for your morning coffee, and it's even more of a pain. Yeah, where'd you get that bullies with badges b.s. eh? You hate da popo too huh? What'd they do to you? Oh wait, most likely nothing, and I'll be damned if If I'm going to believe some half assed sap story that you didnt bother spouting out before.

At 113 deaths per 800 000, cops aren't far off that list. Fatalities per 100k = 14, no. 10 on the list was taxi driver at 19.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

So, what about the cop I saw the other day that stopped along side the median to help a teenage girl crying because she ran out of gas? He made sure she wouldn't get hit by parking his car behind and along side hers just in case, and had someone come in the form of voluntary gas to get her to a gas station to get her tank filled? Oh, did I mention she also had expired tags but forgot to put her new stickers on, of which he ignored and said to put them on later because she had already been having a bad day? Oh, yeah, you're not going to hear about that, because why would a nice cop generate any good media romps. And personal experience? You want to know the majority of people's bad experiences with cops? They broke the law and got caught, and then were fussy when they were being ticketed. Wow, they caught you, so much for them doing their JOB, and you being a sleeze bag and not following the rules and putting others in danger. Yeah no, go ahead, generalize an entire career path, good on you. I hope you're not anti-racist as well, because wow what a hypocritical slap to everyone you're involved with.

- - - Updated - - -

Your post is completely irrelevant, I'm not talking about dangerous jobs, I'm talking about being a jerk for making someone elses job harder than it already is. Throw a potential shot to the heart in there every day you wake up for your morning coffee, and it's even more of a pain. Yeah, where'd you get that bullies with badges b.s. eh? You hate da popo too huh? What'd they do to you? Oh wait, most likely nothing, and I'll be damned if If I'm going to believe some half assed sap story that you didnt bother spouting out before.
    Congratulations you found the Mother Theresa of the police force the other day. If everyone else had the same experience as you there wouldn't be the general feeling/s that there are now would there? You make the wild assumption that everyones viewpoint is based upon them breaking the law, like somehow this is fact because you pull it out of your ass. My post on dangerous jobs is completely relevant. You are trying to paint a picture that cops jobs are so stressful and that they are "going out every day to risk their lives" like they are some fucking saint. I'm showing you that they are nothing of the sort. Bullies with badge b.s is my personal experience and is the sum of my encoutners with police in over 30 years. Do I hate the police? Not on the individual level, there are some good cops lke your mother theresa story, but the majority of cops I've seen are dumb, violent, and most likely worse people than your average citizen. They are engaged in organized crime, they engage in violent activities, they get fucked up at the bar just like everyone else and drive home drunk. They are average people who choose the job of enforcing made up laws of their local jurisdiction that have nothing to do with morality. I was drinking with 5 off duty cops last year and they told me a hilarious story about how they picked up this homeless guy and drove him out to the edge of the city and dropped him off in a snowbank where the paramedics had to come and pick him up the next morning.
    Why would a nice cop not generate any media romps? Because being nice has nothing to do with your job. But using your job as an excuse to beat the shit out of someone or murder someone or extort someone is worthy of media attention.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    So? It is a stupid law written a very long time ago. It is so irrelevant in todays world that it needs to be removed.
    I don't mind getting rid of my gun if criminals started obeying laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    Guess we shouldn't have any laws then because criminals just don't obey them, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Guess we shouldn't have any laws then because criminals just don't obey them, right?
    Pretty much

If he was holding a gun, shouldn't she have yelled for him to drop it? Unless he was already aiming it of course. But all things considered, it's unlikely he was aiming a wii controller at her.

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    I don't put a lot of stock in eye witness testimony but it is all there is atm. But even if the testimony is accurate, it doesn't give you much...and it does doesn't sound good for the cop.

From my understanding the assessment has to be quick...due to the nature of the job. So night+rectangular object in hand while opening door could look like a gun....or the cop was grossly negligent. Without basically video/audio we may not know exactly how this situation played out.
    But thats the point, as a cop, you can just go aroung killing everyone that has anything close to the shape of a gun in their hands, because there are many things that can be confused with a gun in a rainy, dark night.

You need to be responsible with the power you were given, and that responsability means that you need to make sure that he has a gun before killing him.

Its not ok for the police, who happens to be the "good guys" to kill people without a verified threat.

And yes, that means that you sometimes get to put you in danger to do so, which is why cops are trained for that kind of stuff.

Cops cant kill people "just in case", that's not acceptable.
    Thrall always was, is, and will be my true Warchief. Garrosh and Vol'jin werent/arent.

10+ Year Old Account
    We only have one side of this entire story from the attorney's perspective.

Deleted
    what a stupid statement we have criminals in the UK yet we dnt use guns and our country has nowhere near amount of deaths yours does

- - - Updated - - -

people with your stupidity shouldnt be weilding dangerous weapons

Every day I am more and more grateful I live in a country that's not crazed enough that any sort of item in your hand on door opening warrants a shoot-out in case it's a cop there.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Doesnt really matter even if it was a real gun in his hand if the police didnt answer when he asked who was there because your american silly laws allow you to kill anyone who is in your land