Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Yeah, one on the right would work. (Though keep the shoulders nicely broad across. ) Sticking his foot out like the models do doesn't really bother me, I could take it or leave it, though I wouldn't mind if they got a bit of spinal therapy and got rid of the swaybacked posture...

What you get after years of heavy shoulder armor I guess, you either hunch forward under the weight or end up swaybacked.

Haha that sucks!

Maybe the new night elf will be so sexy you can convince her to stay :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Ugh, no. You made him into a slouch like all the other males. BE males and female Orcs are the only ones who hold their shoulders right.
    I didn't make shit, I used an asset I found on the internet, and now it seems after I eat a fucking snack I'll edit the image and the post to make myself more clear. I never said a thing about which one I even felt was my preference, which would have been the middle.
    But,.. let me get this straight, you think the current Blood Elf male in game RIGHT NOW is the only model who holds their shoulders "right"? The one with the twisted contorted crooked shoulders? I am seeing something lost in translation here, I must be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Don't be so sure about that posture change. Look at how the shoulders of the female orc were moved in the redesign, it's exactly the same modification you are proposing.
    Wait,.. you give me hope. A small hope. Just as Robinsons wish for orc posture in males gives me hope. But I have seen too much death and disappointment in life to realistically nurture this hope. But thank you for the food for thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, here. I like the one in the middle with the broad shoulders but his head tilted so. So I used photoshop to give the broad shouldered body the head I liked with the tilt of his head. So now you can make of it what thy will.

Ideally in his idle animation his would hold his head up at times, chin in the air, like this. Hold your head up, high, sir.

Here's my evil bastard warlock wannabe demon hunter. Back in the day he made a bargain with a fallen Night Elf demon hunter who lost his soul to the fel corruption he volunteered for, trapped forever in the nether as a demon, via scrying and the use of mind altering narcotics and entheogens and stuff, my warlock struck a bargain to allow this demon to possess him for a short period of time while the spirit is able to experience the tastes and smells and sensations of the living in the planar realm of Azeroth once more through my warlock in exchange for his temporary amplified strength and power.

But then Blizzard came up with lore for the Black Harvest and how they stole metamorphosis from Illidan by observing him, so whatever. I think he's going to look fantastic on the runway once he's snorted a few lines of emerald crystal fel powder and blood thistle and gets out there to work it like he's never worked it before, boiling brains in their skulls and draining souls from the desiccated remains of his foes.

[
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-02-24 at 05:40 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

everything is ok...

All I'm hearing is that you think they're not stereotypically masculine enough.

Blood Elves aren't 'proud', they're vain!
    And their posture reflects that. Making them stand completely straight would just make them more like humans. Also I've seen most of these pics before in the other thread.
    The stance of the Silvermoon Guard would just look completely ridiculous on any character that isn't standing guard or whatever. And they're uuugly :P

10+ Year Old Account
    They changed the posture for the Orc female, so I'm hoping something can be done for the Blood Elf Male posture. It's not as iconic/defining as the Orc Male hunch, so it's quite possible. The lack of symmetry really throws me off sometimes.

Deleted
    Realy looking forward to the new blood elves models^^
    Since I only have 2 90's and they are both blood elves

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't make shit, I used an asset I found on the internet, and now it seems after I eat a fucking snack I'll edit the image and the post to make myself more clear. I never said a thing about which one I even felt was my preference, which would have been the middle.
    But,.. let me get this straight, you think the current Blood Elf male in game RIGHT NOW is the only model who holds their shoulders "right"? The one with the twisted contorted crooked shoulders? I am seeing something lost in translation here, I must be.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait,.. you give me hope. A small hope. Just as Robinsons wish for orc posture in males gives me hope. But I have seen too much death and disappointment in life to realistically nurture this hope. But thank you for the food for thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, here. I like the one in the middle with the broad shoulders but his head tilted so. So I used photoshop to give the broad shouldered body the head I liked with the tilt of his head. So now you can make of it what thy will.

Ideally in his idle animation his would hold his head up at times, chin in the air, like this. Hold your head up, high, sir.

Here's my evil bastard warlock wannabe demon hunter. Back in the day he made a bargain with a fallen Night Elf demon hunter who lost his soul to the fel corruption he volunteered for, trapped forever in the nether as a demon, via scrying and the use of mind altering narcotics and entheogens and stuff, my warlock struck a bargain to allow this demon to possess him for a short period of time while the spirit is able to experience the tastes and smells and sensations of the living in the planar realm of Azeroth once more through my warlock in exchange for his temporary amplified strength and power.

But then Blizzard came up with lore for the Black Harvest and how they stole metamorphosis from Illidan by observing him, so whatever. I think he's going to look fantastic on the runway once he's snorted a few lines of emerald crystal fel powder and blood thistle and gets out there to work it like he's never worked it before, boiling brains in their skulls and draining souls from the desiccated remains of his foes.

[
    I always kinda giggle when u make a post cus there is always the last picture thatvis just completely random haha

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon2K View Post
    All I'm hearing is that you think they're not stereotypically masculine enough.

Blood Elves aren't 'proud', they're vain!
    And their posture reflects that. Making them stand completely straight would just make them more like humans. Also I've seen most of these pics before in the other thread.
    The stance of the Silvermoon Guard would just look completely ridiculous on any character that isn't standing guard or whatever. And they're uuugly :P
    Talking to me? You want to argue semantics, be my guest and chase your tail all day. I'm talking about head bearing, not the entire fucking stance, arms and all, enough with the pedantic vitriolic confrontational bullshit, it's unnecessary and toxic to the conversation. You're hearing a straw man if you're talking about me. I can quote you dozens of my posts describing their hip swagger as aloof vanity and snide lofty arrogance. They are decadent. So try again.

However the metrosexual 4th wall breaking /silly aspect Blizzard opted for which all races have in WOW seemed based on the annoying homophobic 13 year old vocal community back then which was unfortunate, it just fueled their "lol elves are gay" fire and frankly their mana crazed drug addict schtick seemed more amusing and left them with with more dignity than walking male barbie dolls looking in the mirror all day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I always kinda giggle when u make a post cus there is always the last picture thatvis just completely random haha
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-02-24 at 10:57 AM.
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    I laughed way harder than I should have at this

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can get an early picture of how they will look.

A Youtube video at 200p ----> Current character models.

Turn it up to 1080p full HD ----> New models.

Considering what we have so far...They won't change from a structural point of view.
    You can already expect a much more detailed body and the only part one can't imagine is the face; expect something pretty as all the new faces look quite good

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the bloodelf stance very dynamic and evocative as it is though? It fits well with the other slightly exaggerated animations. Wouldn't an adjustment to the basic stance necessitate a more fundamental change to the animations as well? I'm not sure they'd be willing to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    You can get an early picture of how they will look.

A Youtube video at 200p ----> Current character models.

Turn it up to 1080p full HD ----> New models.

Considering what we have so far...They won't change from a structural point of view.
    You can already expect a much more detailed body and the only part one can't imagine is the face; expect something pretty as all the new faces look quite good
    Actually they change a lot from a structural point of view concerning the center of gravity and the natural weight distribution and bearing of their posture and stance.
    The stick in the ass syndrome is significantly improved, and it makes a large difference in their animations, which feel brand new in action.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ Example, if you watch the gameplay videos on the front page of MMOChamp you'll see that the Orc run animation is A LOT different than the current one. My main is an Orc, has been for seven years and I am honestly not liking it at all (although I like the model itself). It's a pretty significant change.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    Isn't the bloodelf stance very dynamic and evocative as it is though? It fits well with the other slightly exaggerated animations. Wouldn't an adjustment to the basic stance necessitate a more fundamental change to the animations as well? I'm not sure they'd be willing to do that.
    Look at what they've already done. Everything has been done from scrathc with out any cutting or pasting. Any similarity to what's updated is purely done by matching it by eye. Meanwhile, they have significantly polished the animations and stances to make their weight distribution and bearing more realistic and natural in poise amd bearing.

The Blood Elf model looks more dynamic covered in armor, but it looks like you took a toy that was standing in a neutral strance, heated it up, then forced and stretched and broke some bones and popped the shoulder out of it's socket to contort into that pose.

Now it's going to look like it was done intentionally, will look look much more natural. Have you watched any footage of every new animation they've completely reimagined with today's fidelity? They are filled with nuance at a fundamental level they never had before.

Chris Robinson has even said they have bandied about on their "wishlist" of projects here to give the orcs optional "appropriate" posture as you've seen them given every new orc rendered in WOW since Cataclysm. I'm not crossing my fingers, but they're willing to do a lot more than you think it seems, despite realizing it or not in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by SwizzleTweets View Post
    Because if they make Blood Elf look even better as they already do, like they did with the female Orc.
    I fear my girlfriend will turn us into Horde, cus really I ain't going to stop her playing the faction she wants.

But I'll be a very sad Gnome, as I'll always play the same faction as her, so.. Yeah, fear the new Blood Elf model!
    She is fond of them!

Blizzard better do a better job on Night Elf and Draenei!
    You're just going to have to put your foot down. Simple.