10+ Year Old Account

Klaxxi 25-man Heroic: Easiest way to do it?

Hello. I joined my guild few weeks ago and they are progressing in paragons at the moment. People have debated about the tactic/kill order that is best for it.

Currently we have been doing kill this kill order:
    Skeer the Bloodseeker
    Hisek the Swarmkeeper
    Korven the Prime
    Rikkal the Dissector
    Xaril the Poisoned mind (Hero)
    Iyyokuk the Lucid
    Kaz'tik the Manipulator
    Ka'roz the Locust
    Kilruk the Wind-reaver

The reason why Hisek is killed early is apparently because of Aims and Rapid fire causing problems. However with this tactic parasites cause a lot of problems even when we try to CC them.

Any tips that could help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Deleted
    Kill Rikkal second ezmode. No idea why you wouldn't.

other than changing the kill order I don't know

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connorizm View Post
    Kill Rikkal second ezmode. No idea why you wouldn't.
    I agree but can you/someone list the benefits of that tactic compared to the tactic I posted so I can share it to my RL and proof that our tactic is not good?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    I agree but can you/someone list the benefits of that tactic compared to the tactic I posted so I can share it to my RL and proof that our tactic is not good?
    No need for crowd control, no risk of chaining Mutation for extra damage, no extra raid damage if your CC fail, no risk of someone screwing up scorpion and dying (marginal, but still). Unless your CC is absolutely perfect, Parasites are quite a nuisance and the sooner they're gone, the better. Don't tell me you didn't have "random" deaths to Feed during Aim or something like that. These damn buggers hurt a lot. And you'd have them during Fiery Edges, too - not a pleasant thing if someone messes up.

If Aims/Rapid Fire are such a big problem, you can try killing Hisek before Korwen. It's not really optimal dps wise, since you'll have to bait Amber twice and he does hit hard on tanks, but you'll have ~2 RF/Aims less.

Also, Karoz last is better option than Kilruk - you can delay his berserk by quite a bit, whereas Kilruk will simply Reave and kill everyone.

Skeer
    Rikkal
    Korven
    Hisek
    Xaril
    Iyyokuk
    Kaztik
    Kilruk
    Karoz

is the "standard" order. The reasons are pretty obvious with the reasoning Kape typed out above. The only possible switches are Hisek/Korven placement, but that is also as Kape covered.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hisek multi shot really isn't all that dangerous anymore. Since the hotfix months ago you can also cheese a lot of aims with feign death, play dead, invisibility, vanish and spectral guise. The only dangerous thing about Hisek is when his aim happens at relatively critical times, other than that he's not a big deal anymore. The problem with him before is multi shot hit a lot harder and the chance of early deaths (especially after an aim) was fairly high.

Can't see how rapid fire causes issues. Plenty of warning and as long as you aren't standing in the exact middle there is plenty of time to dodge it.

Kill Hi'sek fourth, avoiding rapid fire is easier than all the alternatives.

Kill Rik'kal second, have your tank release 2 waves of parasites. Kill Ril'kal right after the fourth mutate. You'll have 12 mutated players, four of them need to eat two parasites, communicate about this. When parasites spawn we had everyone turn and single target interrupt/hex the parasites, plus mage ring of frost, since Rik'kal isn't a DPS race anyway due to needing to wait on the fourth mutate. That drastically cut down early deaths.

We just got this down last week after too many wipes. Most difficult part was right after Xaril dies and Kaz'tik comes out I think. Fiery edges and Kunchongs are no fun.

If it helps, we aren't that good and we killed it this way http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uVeVluHnns so I'm betting you can too. The fight is harder than Garrosh on 25 heroic in my opinion.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2014-02-20 at 02:48 AM.

Imo Dissector should die second. Sure you get rid of Aim and Rapid Fire, but to be fair they are easily avoided if you pay attention rather than being turned into scorpions and the tanks need to do the hasle with the Injection shenanigans, it is such a pain in the ass that you should focus on getting rid of it immediately.
    As for the last two: why on eath would you want to kill Windreaver prior Locust? In a case of Berserk Locust can still be tanked and his abilities can be avoided for a good 40 seconds ( our FBK), while Windreavers first Reave will instantly wipe you.
    So my advice: Dissector second, then Locust last, and you are good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    Skeer
    Rikkal
    Korven
    Hisek
    Xaril
    Iyyokuk
    Kaztik
    Kilruk
    Karoz

is the "standard" order. The reasons are pretty obvious with the reasoning Kape typed out above. The only possible switches are Hisek/Korven placement, but that is also as Kape covered.
    At this point, some guilds also opt to go the 10 man route (maybe because that's "what they know" after going 10->25?) and kill Kaztik prior to Iyyokuk. The tradeoff is quite easy to figure out - you have to spend more raid CDs (fiery lines for longer), but the AOE was nerfed slightly so it's "easier" to handle. On the other hand, killing manipulator means you probably won't get more than 1 mesmerize, if any at all.
    I personally prefer the standard.

How is everyone dealing with Aim damage? It really seems to nearly one shot everyone with 5 people soaking (+1 person who got targeted so 6 total).

Quote Originally Posted by Lolaan View Post
    How is everyone dealing with Aim damage? It really seems to nearly one shot everyone with 5 people soaking (+1 person who got targeted so 6 total).
    We use 3 rogues + one extra with a 90% DR (ferals with symb/mages/spriests) every aim and just use externals (sac/Ironbark/Pain Supp etc) along with big absorbs and personals on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    We use 3 rogues + one extra with a 90% DR (ferals with symb/mages/spriests) every aim and just use externals (sac/Ironbark/Pain Supp etc) along with big absorbs and personals on the target.
    Yeah, shoulda said we only have 1 rogue, no good ones ever app, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolaan View Post
    Yeah, shoulda said we only have 1 rogue, no good ones ever app, heh.
    Disc priests are your saviours. If you've got 2, have one shield 3x aim soakers as soon as aim goes out (should be just enough time to do so), and the other shield 2x aim soakers + the aim target. Will blanket them in +300K absorb each, as good as a 50% reduc basicly.
    If you've only got 1 disc, he's in for a treat - he'll have to rotate spirit shell (2x PoH on aim soak group) and Inner focus (1x ensured full group crit, second one may or may not be due to movement etc) on the aim Soakers to keep them covered.
    In addition to that, take as many mages, rogues, hunters, priests, monks, warlocks and feral druids (assuming you've got hunters) you can. Every one of them can solo the Aim, making it *alot* easier to deal with.

In terms of kill order we go with:
    Skeer the Bloodseeker
    Rikkal the Dissector
    Korven the Prime
    Hisek the Swarmkeeper
    Xaril the Poisoned mind (lusting)
    Kaz'tik the Manipulator
    Iyyokuk the Lucid
    Kilruk the Wind-reaver
    Ka'roz the Locust

In terms of standard kill order it's a bit different. Rikkal should be killed 2nd for previously stated reasons. Aims can be annoying to deal with at the end, but with enough soaking or having classes able to solo soak it shouldn't be a problem. You should not have problems with rapid fire and tell people to focus on survival even if they lose some dps from it.

The other alterations from your tactics are killing manipulator before Iyyokuk, we found it easier than to deal with constant swapping to the kuchong. It should be much easier now considering they nerfed the calculationg damage. Of course it depends on how many raid cds you have and your skill on surviving calculates.The other one swap which is keeping ka'roz alive for the whole fight depends on your tanks and tank healing. In case you have problems with enrage due to dps deaths killing ka'roz last helps. When you hit enrage the first wind reave would wipe the raid. With ka'roz alive you would survive quite long unless you fail at moving from ambers. These tactics are debatable and depend on your raid abilitiy, but are helpful if done right.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just have your Raid practice dodging Rapid Fire more because you don't want to deal with the Dissector for too long. Being further away for Rapid Fire makes it easier to dodge because the gaps get larger as they spread. Also a tip for where people are standing in general, never be too far off to the sides from where the Bosses are tanked. When you get picked for Aim and punted back depending how far you are from the majority of the Raid group it might be impossible to save that person if your Aim soakers can't get into the beam in time.

Also a lot of Classes can remove the Aim with a threat drop like Invisibility (Mage), Feign Death (Hunter), Spectral Guise (Priest), Vanish (Rogue), Play Dead (Feral with Hunter Symbo). Or solo soak it with a Major Defensive CD like Dark Bargin (Warlock), Dispersion (Spriest). Immunities won't work however for example you will just be one shot in an Ice Block.

Good luck with the Heroic Paragons of the Klaxxi though. It certainly gets easier towards the end in my opinion so don't get too down if you're having wipes on the earlier Paragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the tips all. This post will help us for sure.

I've seen some videos doing it the way you've described. I think it wasn't as feasible before because of DPS/gear checks, but now that people are going into the fight with 575 ilvl it's possible to do Rikkal 4th. It actually looked fairly easy, although we opted for a traditional order because there's some risk in investing time in an unconventional strat that may not work out.