Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can you post a link to your armory please, it will be easiest to see how much burst you should have if we know what gear you have... even better if you can also link one of the profiles from your hunter mates with "same" gear to compare yours to it.

Although RNG is quite a factor in early burst it evens out after half a minute into the fight. Sometimes your procs are better sometimes they are worse but the gap between overall isn't that high which you may think. The only thing you should keep an eye on is your serpent sting not wearing off when you got multiple LnL procs right at the start.

10+ Year Old Account
    The gap can be very high. Last night I had a try on Thok with 26 seconds until a LNL proc and AoC didn't proc until affter 20 seconds, that severely gimped my dps. Things like that are what need to be changed in WoD, it's just not right that you can fall so far behind because of bad rng. If you're playing against a Hunter with similar skill and have that situation, you won't catch them.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Things like that are what need to be changed in WoD
    JK, gear secondary stats will be random and RPPM will stay.

15+ Year Old Account
    @TJ either you are the unluckiest person in WoW history or you did not apply black arrow to your target when it took you 26 seconds for an LnL proc. That is basically one and a half black arrows (if you got AoC) and even if that would have happened you can force a proc with your traps next time

You may not catch the hunter right away but it will even out during the fight so the gap will close eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqeen View Post
    @TJ either you are the unluckiest person in WoW history or you did not apply black arrow to your target when it took you 26 seconds for an LnL proc. That is basically one and a half black arrows (if you got AoC) and even if that would have happened you can force a proc with your traps next time

You may not catch the hunter right away but it will even out during the fight so the gap will close eventually.
    Force a trap at the start of Thok? ;>

That was one of the unluckiest tries I've ever had, but my point was that rng CAN be that bad and it just goes to show what effect it can have and how much it can impact your dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqeen View Post

Cant force LnL with traps on bosses.

And I've gone through several bloodlusts without AoC and LnL proccing, I even had an attempt on Dark shamans yesterday where it took 30 seconds before Haromms procced, thought my UI was bugged but nop, procced after the wolves died.

As a hunter your burst dmg will drop a lot if you don't have a Warrior to drop Skull Banner at the pull, and that's the case for many 10 man, having 2 banners is even better since your Cds won't be well timed with just 1 banner of 10 sec duration and it's really sad when your first LnL procs after the banner fades.
    Right now with all the procs I get around 85% crit chance on the pull, so the 20% extra dmg on crits is pretty solid.
    That’s what I do, Zoggosh. I think good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cloak of skill, 4 piece for survival, and trinkets that seem to have the most random procs on earth make the rng in this game incredibly frustrating. Here's to hoping next expansion isn't the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty much what tj said
    Last edited by Kissthebaby; 2014-02-25 at 08:47 PM.