Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoD Dungeon Bosses

If there was one thing Cataclysm did correctly, it was giving us a decent amount of dungeons bosses with a mechanic that will fuck up your day if you weren't paying attention. The first and third bosses of Stonecore, the second boss of Throne of Tides, and the first and third bosses of BRC, as examples. My hope for the WoD dungeons is bosses that can kill you, and maybe a trash pack here or there where CC makes its return ... nice and simple ... whatcha think?

I don't think we'll see a return of CC on trash but I can definitely see one shot mechanics making a comeback. Blizz has to teach raid awareness to the new 90's somehow
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Not so sure about trash, but Bosses, for heroics atleast wont be as easy. If they're comparison to Vortex Pinnacle is any indication. Yeah, they weren't the harderst, but it did require people to actually not mess up. So I'd say interesting bosses and not pain the ass trash is a good trade off. In the end, Heroics over time get easier as people gear up, so they probably wont remain as painful as a lot of people want them to be.

They are planning on upping the difficulty - they acknowledge that MoP's heroics were tuned too low. Probably because so many people QQed about Cata heroics.

You hear that kids? Be careful what you QQ for, you just might get it.

Personally I love the Cata heroics. Some of the best dungeons in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im calling for mechanics like chains of woe and skullcracker from rom'ogg ... as far as the trash stuff goes, im not saying go back to BC levels of holy crap, but like, early cata vortex pinnacle packs with the adepts

10+ Year Old Account
    It really shouldn't make a comeback because the same thing that happened in cata would happen again. It doesn't matter how competent of a player you are, It's everyone else who is the problem with this system. Unless you have a 5 man pre-made group you will wipe over and over again because of the idiots in LFG. That's the way it was with the start of cata and that's what will happen if they try and do it again. Honestly, they can keep dungeons simple for all I care I'm not a fan of wasting 2 hours in a dungeon that should take 30 mins.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    MoP had some abilities that could have been tuned that way, but instead you could soak pretty much everything even in the gear you had after leveling. I think Taran Zhu was the only mechanic that would actually kill you if you didn't burn the orbs, and that was more of a stun like type thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic boss do NOT need to be hard. That is what turned alot of people away.

They are tiny 5mans that give BLUE gear that is relevant for 2/3 weeks and then it becomes irrelevant. They are just wasting people time if they are hard and long. MoP and wrath did the perfect because they were over fast and didn't take up to much time.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Charmanderp View Post
    Unless you have a 5 man pre-made group you will wipe over and over again because of the idiots in LFG. That's the way it was with the start of cata and that's what will happen if they try and do it again.
    Mmm, people say this a lot but it wasn't entirely true. First few weeks of Cata a single heroic could take hours, but not because of retards. It was really that hard because everyone was in blues and greens. I remember the quality of groups at the time was fantastic compared to normal LFD. Probably because all the bads either hadn't finished leveling yet or took one look at how hard heroics were and chickened out. The people who were in that queue worked together and talked to each other, they learned, they improved - because it was that or wipe.

But yeah I doubt we'll ever have something like Cata heroics again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind.
    If that's the case, good, I enjoyed cata heroics as a tank and healer. Now, I don't mind the wipes, wipes are a good thing. They give you time to realize and acknowledge the mistake, as well as correct it. That's probably just me, I can see why people would get irritated over wipes. I don't think CC packs will make a return, but one-shot mechanics that can be easily avoided like Skullcrusher from BRC are totally welcome. They teach newcomers that fire=bad before throwing them in raids.

I just don't want another Static Cling. There is always that ONE guy who dies to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post

They are tiny 5mans that give BLUE gear that is relevant for 2/3 weeks and then it becomes irrelevant. They are just wasting people time if they are hard and long. MoP and wrath did the perfect because they were over fast and didn't take up to much time.
    Yes, but is there not a way to make them fast and still retain a challenge? Take Armsmaster from Scarlet Halls. Overall an easy instance, and this boss wasn't a hard boss, but he possessed a mechanic that would practically oneshot who he came close to. Was it easy to avoid? Yes, it was very simple despite what others believe. Melee run up and jump down, range jump down, it's that simple. Was it punishing enough to kill? Yes. Why can't we have more bosses like him? A simple boss, but a boss nontheless, none of these loot-dropping overpowered trash mobs.
    Last edited by Hoofshock; 2014-02-20 at 03:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofshock View Post
    Yes, but is there not a way to make them fast and still retain a challenge? Take Armsmaster from Scarlet Halls. Overall an easy instance, and this boss wasn't a hard boss, but he possessed a mechanic that would practically oneshot who he came close to. Was it easy to avoid? Yes, it was very simple despite what others believe. Melee run up and jump down, range jump down, it's that simple. Was it punishing enough to kill? Yes. Why can't we have more bosses like him? A simple boss, but a boss nontheless, none of these loot-dropping overpowered trash mobs.
    This is the EXACT point I was going for. Thank you lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Troggdor View Post
    You're welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofshock View Post
    I am all for that. But when people say they want the cata heroics again, they want all the pointless trash that came along with them and they did nothing more then waste your time.

- - - Updated - - -

The bloody explain that in your OP.
    Aye mate

If there was one thing Cataclysm did correctly, it was giving us a decent amount of dungeons bosses with a mechanic that will fuck up your day if you weren't paying attention. The first and third bosses of Stonecore, the second boss of Throne of Tides, and the first and third bosses of BRC, as examples. My hope for the WoD dungeons is bosses that can kill you, and maybe a trash pack here or there where CC makes its return ... nice and simple ... whatcha think?
    Oh please god no! Not that buggy shit again.

Sometimes the ground effect didn't show where NEXT oneshot was gonna happen, but the one after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    The static cling mechanic is brutal if your lag is even a little off, and you have to know how to time that according to your own lag, which is what was a pain. Basically if you miss your jump even a little, you are dead, because there is no 2 seconds of pain, you are stuck through the whole safe zone mechanic, not slowed and you can take some damage, but if you miss the jump timing at all, you should just /dance, because the fight is over for you. If there were even a little bit of leeway on when to jump, it wouldn't be that bad. But having to jump at the exact right time was the problem. The jump mechanic in Stormstout was much more forgiving, but you still cannot ignore it, and I think Blizzard learned the right lesson.

I don't see why it's so hard to make a health balance in intro dungeons for expansions. They either make them too hard to heal if people mess around and don't CC, or they make them far too easy to round up mobs and avoid CC completely. I wish they'd make CCing about stopping annoying instance prolong abilities in trash. Don't want to CC? Don't have to but the dungeon will take a lot longer because mobs will be constantly healed or constantly knocking people back or constantly interrupting or constantly summoning new mobs. If not CCing caused you to take twice as long to kill a group of trash then you'd likely start doing it more. They mess things up by making the packs too strong, if you don't CC one it results in a wipe. They just makes people want it all nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The bloody explain that in your OP.
    Sometimes im not the best with words lol

Deleted

What about the Stone and Lightning halls ? They were both a pain to clean with random peoples.

Bring back Heroic BC dungeons ;_; CC and all! I liked the planning and strategy
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Blackhand maybe?