Report for language - what bullies can do to troll people.

This is real folks.

You want to troll someone that made you look like a fool?

Get a bunch of dbags to spam [Report on Language] on everything he says.

PS: /wave to wowadmin. I told ya.

-----

Greetings,

Account Name: <SNIP>
    Realm: <SNIP>
    Character Name: <SNIP>

A user of the above account has recently been involved in actions deemed inappropriate for the World of Warcraft by the In-Game Support staff of Blizzard Entertainment. This decision was made after a thorough investigation of the situation as a whole.

When a harassment report is made, all players involved in the incident are subject to review, which may result in account penalties. Though we are unable to discuss the outcomes of our investigations due to privacy concerns, rest assured that this incident has been looked into very thoroughly, and the appropriate actions have been taken on all involved accounts.

Any disputes or questions concerning the following account action can only be addressed by Account Administration. To learn more about how Account Administration is able to assist you, please visit us at http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/cs .

Account Action: Warning

Offense: Inappropriate
    This category includes both clear and masked language which:

* Is a mildly inappropriate reference to human anatomy or bodily functions
    * Is otherwise considered objectionable

Details (Note - Times are listed in Greenwich Mean Time, GMT):
    2014-02-17 02:00:23 <SNIP>: which in your case is followed by a bitch slap.

For further information, please view the World of Warcraft Policies and Terms of Use Agreement: (http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/20309) and (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/termsofuse.shtml). Please be aware that additional inappropriate actions may result in further disciplinary action, up to or including Account Closure.

We understand that these policies may seem harsh, but they are in place to ensure that every player is able to fully enjoy their travels in the World of Warcraft. Thank you in advance for respecting our position.

Regards,

Blizzard Entertainment
    battle.net/support

Deleted
    I can confirm this works. It honestly does not matter what you said, if enough people report you, you will get in trouble. It' really a broken system.

I honestly doubt who or whatever answers these reports are actually looking into it. They just see the number of people who have reported it and base their action off that.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god I only use gchat and realid.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll probably be a mostly automated system with a black list of words. If you say a word on that list then the banhammer swings.

Any reports that come in that don't contain any of the black listed words (as in the "masked language" reference) will have to be looked into by a human.

The way to avoid it is don't use language that will get you banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Conzar View Post
    It'll probably be a mostly automated system with a black list of words. If you say a word on that list then the banhammer swings.

Any reports that come in that don't contain any of the black listed words (as in the "masked language" reference) will have to be looked into by a human.

If I get reported for saying "bitch slapped" you can't say anything in WoW without getting perma banned.

To open handedley slap someone. Denote disrespect for the person being bitch slapped as they are not worthy of a man sized punch. Suggests the slap was met with little resistance and much whining
    GG Blizzard.

Deleted
    I feel like you're not telling us the whole story here. Probably left out a few lines of things you said

Quote Originally Posted by Imhere View Post
    I can confirm this works. It honestly does not matter what you said, if enough people report you, you will get in trouble. It' really a broken system.

I honestly doubt who or whatever answers these reports are actually looking into it. They just see the number of people who have reported it and base their action off that.
    Do you know for sure if Blizzard auto bans accounts based on these reports? I doubt they would, but have no proof either way.

If you just get a warning, I'm sure you could contact Blizzard to dispute it.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarath View Post
    I feel like you're not telling us the whole story here. Probably left out a few lines of things you said
    Whatever you need to say to yourself bro.

I do invite you to buy some balls and do it in /trade after pwning some ragin' bully.
    ( If you ever can )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Do you know for sure if Blizzard auto bans accounts based on these reports? I doubt they would, but have no proof either way.

If you just get a warning, I'm sure you could contact Blizzard to dispute it.
    Oh I did.

And give them the link to this thread.

If you don't like it, don't cuss. It's against TOS anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    If you don't like it, don't cuss. It's against TOS anyway.
    In which Victorian era are you living?

"bitch slapped" is NOT a cuss word.

Well, it's probably like in school. Doesn't matter who started the fight, or who the bigger idiot is. Both people get in trouble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conzar View Post

Pretty much sums it up. It's still against the ToS. This is nothing new.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post

Maybe in your opinion. Apparently Blizzard sees it differently. You do not determine which words are inappropriate, they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Pretty much sums it up. It's still against the ToS. This is nothing new.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe in your opinion. Apparently Blizzard sees it differently. You do not determine which words are inappropriate, they do.
    This is gonna be fun when they decide to add "a" in their list.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is gonna be fun when they decide to add "a" in their list.
    Have fun grasping at straws. It must be fun to blame this on Blizzard rather than your inability to follow rules.

Am I the only one thinking a warning for that is wholly appropriate? It's not like you got suspended or anything.

And as someone else said, these things rarely tell the whole story of what went down.

i think i'm out of touch a bit, what does 'trolling' mean these days?

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    i think i'm out of touch a bit, what does 'trolling' mean these days?
    It doesn't have a set meaning anymore. You can just kind of throw it around when you disagree with people or want to seem internet savvy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Am I the only one thinking a warning for that is wholly appropriate? It's not like you got suspended or anything.

And as someone else said, these things rarely tell the whole story of what went down.
    Nope, being offensive/disrespectful is against the ToS so imo it's justified.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted

when you use bitch in that form it is a derogatory word, so really you deserved what you go for being childish and use a word used to describe female dog for any other reason that it's true meaning.

so while on it's own it may not be a cuss word, in the frame of reference you used it, it becomes a derogatory word and will suffer the same as any other derogatory word.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but we require threads to be constructive here, and not only is there not much to discuss about the OP, but the direction the responses have gone is not constructive in the least.