1. #1

    The lvl 90 boost - do you choose 2 professions? or boost existent?

    ^ when boosting a char above lvl 60 you get the profession boost..
    but is this to the 2 profession ive chosen while leveling?
    or do i get to choose 2 new ones that get boosted?

    curious if anyone knew / have used the boost already

  2. #2
    Dreadlord MrLordDariusCrowley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sanctuary or the local tavern.
    Posts
    851
    Since you have to level a character to 60 before the boost can be applied, it would make more sense for it to be boosting existing professions.

  3. #3
    yea that was what i thought aswell.
    on the other hand, unlearning and learning the ones you want boosted take like 20 secs and 50silver?
    so i figured they just made it "choose 2, boost em"

  4. #4
    is it the same price? even if my char lvl 60?
    it will cost 60$ ?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Unproven View Post
    ^ when boosting a char above lvl 60 you get the profession boost..
    but is this to the 2 profession ive chosen while leveling?
    or do i get to choose 2 new ones that get boosted?

    curious if anyone knew / have used the boost already
    Seeing as it's not live and no Blue has explained, how can we know? It's not even certain that you get a profession boost, it's all just datamining.
    "When you understand why you dismiss all the other gods people believe in, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Seeing as it's not live and no Blue has explained, how can we know? It's not even certain that you get a profession boost, it's all just datamining.
    Not datamining, it was up in the PTR. And yes it boosted the professions you had.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Not datamining, it was up in the PTR. And yes it boosted the professions you had.
    aight coolio, thanks for the reply.

  8. #8
    Dreadlord MrLordDariusCrowley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sanctuary or the local tavern.
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboodi View Post
    is it the same price? even if my char lvl 60?
    it will cost 60$ ?
    I'm fairly sure it will. Being level 60 and boosting a character does boost your characters professions too, so there is value in leveling to at least 60.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Unproven View Post
    aight coolio, thanks for the reply.
    I transfered a lvl 60 toon to test it. Keep in mind, this is what the UI said, they never actually boosted the toon so I can't tell you how it will end up working.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I transfered a lvl 60 toon to test it. Keep in mind, this is what the UI said, they never actually boosted the toon so I can't tell you how it will end up working.
    well it was something along of those lines i where looking for. so no worries
    guessing we are getting some more information on this at some point
    i guess we can safely assume that "veteran" bonus is gonna go live as it would encourge folks to level abit by hand.

  11. #11
    k thanks for the reply but i think its expensive for 30 lvl and professions

    when u buy the boost u will get gold with the char? or 0 gold?
    Last edited by Aboodi; 2014-02-20 at 11:39 AM.

  12. #12
    It'd be a bit shit if you had no gold - especially as I have heard nothing about riding training being tied in. It would be a bit poor if you didn't at least have 150 skill upon boosting.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Nungamunch View Post
    It'd be a bit shit if you had no gold - especially as I have heard nothing about riding training being tied in. It would be a bit poor if you didn't at least have 150 skill upon boosting.
    You get free riding until 280% for free.

    I tested on PTR with a character with no riding skill. This is exactly what happens.

    All your gear, bags, and inventory are removed and mailed to you. Your bags are replaced by 4 embersilk bags. You automatically have riding upgraded to 300 for free. You are given 150 gold, food, 483 gear that is equipped to your character and you are dropped off in your respective faction's area on timeless isle. Your heartstone is set to the vale. You are taught every flight path in the game, all the maps on Azeroth and Outland are marked as "discovered."

    The game checks if you are level 60. If you are, then the game checks if you have any professions + first aid. It will boost what you have to 600. If you never learned first aid, but have level 1 JC and Enchanting, it will give you a boost to JC and Enchanting and your first aid will remain unlearned. This is also the case if you only have 1 primary profession learned just as only JC, and nothing else. Your JC will be 600, and thats it.

    While you are given free 300 riding, I do not think you are given a free mount, which is a bit of an oversight on their part (In case a brand brand brand new player joins the game, pays for everything including WoD, and have to go back to azeroth in order to buy a mount).

    Other than that, you get nothing else. Im pretty sure the rest Exp bar carries over in the boost, but only if you apply the boost while the level cap has been raised and we can get exp (WoD launch date). This means if you have a level 60 character, park it in a city. If you want to level it, at launch boost it to 90, the full 2 levels of 200% rested exp will carry over at 90.
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2014-02-20 at 12:21 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 1091 - 8286 - 2221 Aman Add me

  14. #14
    The Patient Rangz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Im pretty sure the rest Exp bar carries over in the boost, but only if you apply the boost while the level cap has been raised and we can get exp (WoD launch date). This means if you have a level 60 character, park it in a city. If you want to level it, at launch boost it to 90, the full 2 levels of 200% rested exp will carry over at 90.
    Before you park the char, make sure you are at as close to 61 as possible, if the exp bar carries over and you are at 60,99 before the boost, you should be 90,99 after the boost.
    Last edited by Rangz; 2014-02-20 at 01:24 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •