Thread: Alex Jones

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Order View Post
    That's an insult to stupid people, they aren't Alex Jones stupid, just normal stupid. Only Alex Jones is Alex Jones stupid.
    I actually think he might be a genius actor who has fooled thousands of nutjobs into buying overpriced (and probably useless) survivalist products. He could be legitimately insane for all I know, but I think he's over-the-top to a point that isn't believable.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Lies: http://en.ria.ru/russia/20140116/186...dom-Index.html

Even Russians know their government is too big for its britches.
    That link doesn't actually undermine anything I said, but okay.

Oh, and also: 'Reduces risk' and 'Increases chances' doesn't mean 'And therefore it always goes that way.'
    Big governments can indeed be used to control people. However, the risk is smaller than with small governments. And you can nit-pick Russia, but Russia is just one player, here.
    Last edited by Stir; 2014-02-20 at 02:37 PM.

Deleted
    Lies: http://en.ria.ru/russia/20140116/186...dom-Index.html

Even Russians know their government is too big for its britches.
    You do not understand the concept of Big Government, Big Government doesn't refer to the cost of it but the controls it has over the in this case, economy. Russia has very little economic regulation therefore it is not Big Government.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raic View Post
    I actually think he might be a genius actor who has fooled thousands of nutjobs into buying overpriced (and probably useless) survivalist products. He could be legitimately insane for all I know, but I think he's over-the-top to a point that isn't believable.
    I don't know if you can call it genius; personally I call it a contiuation of the 19th century snake oil salesman. He's been at it for a good while now, he knows which buttons to push to get the desired response out of his audience, and he has built himself a small empire to cater to the CT-hungering masses.

Quote Originally Posted by robodin View Post
    I don't know if you can call it genius; personally I call it a contiuation of the 19th century snake oil salesman. He's been at it for a good while now, he knows which buttons to push to get the desired response out of his audience, and he has built himself a small empire to cater to the CT-hungering masses.
    Which must also be why he constantly drops the name of his site in that BBC interview that was linked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Order View Post
    You do not understand the concept of Big Government, Big Government doesn't refer to the cost of it but the controls it has over the in this case, economy. Russia has very little economic regulation therefore it is not Big Government.
    Dream on, everything there is controlled by the whims of Putin under the guise of democracy.

Deleted
    Dream on, everything there is controlled by the whims of Putin under the guise of democracy.
    I see, that is totally regulation then.

What that is called is dictatorship, not big government. If you weren't stuck in conspiracy world you might see that.

If EVERYTHING is controlled by the whims of Putin, then not only is that dictatorship, but it's also really really small government. Government, in this case, is ONE person, with the rest only being... Well; labourers, and nothing more.

It's pretty much the smallest kind of government you can have.

But yeah; dream on.

Deleted
    Dictatorship is the biggest government there is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and comparing it to the US is asinine. The US IS NOT a dictatorship. Where as Russia right now is. If you're not gay or what not life is fine.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Said nobody rational ever.

ONE person deciding everything is bigger than an institution comprising thousands of people, all constantly negotiating the best solution among themselves, third-party interest groups and citizens, all the while being 'directed' by a system of politics that allows the populace to decide the current political movement.

Do you even understand what a government IS?

OP has to be a troll.

So, if russia is big government.. What is the USA?

I mean, since we have silly useless things like the DOJ, DoD, NASA, EPA, NLRB, etc right?

But then all of the people replying to this thunderaan guy, you must realize something before you comment.

He agree's with Alex Jones...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah and comparing it to the US is asinine.
    You wanted an example of what government does when it becomes too involved in the life of citizens, you got one.

It's hardly the only example, look around the world.

Government frankly is good (or should I say a necessary evil) for really really basic stuff like protecting your rights and that's only because there's no other alternative. If there was, we'd get rid of government too. It sucks at almost everything else. Take your pick.

It tries to protect women by banning prostitution, it creates more suffering for women
    It tries to regulate business too much - profits go down, corruption goes up, kills economic incentive
    It tries socialized medicine - people still die from easily treatable diseases because quality goes down
    It tires to protect animals - humans (and sometimes animals) suffer more
    It tries to take away guns for "public safety" - people can't defend themselves anymore from criminals and tyrannical regimes
    It tries to establish religion to create moral people - you've guessed it, the opposite happens
    It tries to create paradise on Earth - it creates nightmare on Earth
    It increases taxes - you earn less money and get substandard services that would have probably been best left to private sphere
    It tries to ban drugs - it fails miserably, people still consume drugs but now you have a criminal enterprise and dead lawmen

Why would anyone be stupid enough to trust government with anything?

If you want to better the world, do it through individual action, to the best of your ability and will. Don't have faith in the collective.
    Last edited by mmoc8a3727531d; 2014-02-20 at 03:04 PM.

Deleted
    You wanted an example of what government does when it becomes too involved in the life of citizens, you got one.

Government frankly is good (or should I say a necessary evil) for really really basic stuff like protecting your rights and that's only because there's no other alternative. If there was, we'd get rid of government too. It sucks at almost everything else. Take your pick.

It tries to protect women by banning prostitution, it creates more suffering for women
    It tries to regulate business too much - profits go down, corruption goes up, kills economic incentive
    It tries socialized medicine - people still die from easily treatable diseases because quality goes down
    It tries to take away guns for "public safety" - people can't defend themselves anymore from criminals and tyrannical regimes
    It tries to establish religion to create moral people - you've guessed it, the opposite happens
    It increases taxes - you earn less money and get substandard services that would have probably been best left to private sphere
    It tries to ban drugs - it fails miserably, people still consume drugs but now you have a criminal enterprise and dead lawmen

Because it is smarter to trust a government than it is to trust you.

If you want to better the world, do it through individual action, to the best of your ability and will. Don't have faith in the collective.
    But who are the perpetrators performing the actions? Is it criminals or is it the government?

Deleted
    Who said you should trust me? I'm not even running for any office.

Okay; thanks. I'll do that.

Actually, that's politics. You know; the thing YOU vote for.
    Economically, this is bullshit. It's nothing more than propaganda. Regulation lessens corruption, increases overall wealth, increases individual chance to flourish, and thereby actually increases economic incentive because you CAN flourish.
    Another bullshit argument. Most of the Western world has better medical practice than the US because of socialized medicine.
    And again... This is politics. You voted for that. Are you saying that democracy is bad?
    Again a politicial issue. Government doesn't try to take away your guns; politicians are. Whether or not that is a good thing is a completely different topic, but let's just say that the US does have a culture of violence, and while guns aren't the cause for it, they do contribute to an already violent culture.
    Government actually tries to separate Church and State. It's again politicians you need to look at. And those politicians can only get away with it because of voters. That means people like YOU.
    No, it doesn't do either of those.
    Taxation allows for essential public services that would otherwise either be not done, or not be accessible to those who cannot afford it. Meaning you end up with oligarchic dictatorship. The fact that you refuse to understand this kind of thing is incredibly worrisome.
    If you hate the War on Drugs so much, then vote against it. It is, again, a political issue.
    It's not the government's fault that democracy is a thing.

Basically, everything you said indicates that you hate democracy, and welcome tyrannical corporate rule. Good for you, I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alex Jones...Wackadoo!
    Cthulhu 2024, why vote for a lesser evil