Setting MMOChamp to "always open new thread at first post not latest"

Aloha,

I'm not completely sure I'm in the right forum but I though it was most fitting here. Please say so if that's not correct!

My problem: When I am on the main page of MMO-C and open one of the "newest forum posts"-things (in a new tab because a) that's my habit for everything and b) I maybe wanna open other stuff and/or stay on the main page too) it always sends me to the latest post (meaning I end up on page 17/17 at the bottom), which - most of the times - I don't wanna read right now but rather read the first post instead.

I know it's not a hard thing to just click on "first page", but I'm just wondering if there is a way to set MMO-C to "always open new thread at first post" somehow.

Greets
    TehFurbolg

Kinda wondering the same thing here. Opened up the thread about Rygarius tweeting about patch notes and it brought me to post #8187

Probably not. The site admin doesn't care for the comfort of its users.

WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Moving this to Suggestions & Feedback forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesa View Post
    Probably not. The site admin doesn't care for the comfort of its users.
    This is not true, there is just a limit to how much can reasonably be done to tweak the site.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxSimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarma

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Moving this to Suggestions & Feedback forum.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    This is not true, there is just a limit to how much can reasonably be done to tweak the site.
    I agree with that. (With the statement not being true, that is)

I am guessing this is not the issue but I figure it should be checked just in case. Click "Settings" from the menu on the top right corner. Click "General Settings" from the list which pops up on the left of your screen. Scroll down to the "Thread Display Mode". Is "Linear - Newest First" selected?

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I am guessing this is not the issue but I figure it should be checked just in case. Click "Settings" from the menu on the top right corner. Click "General Settings" from the list which pops up on the left of your screen. Scroll down to the "Thread Display Mode". Is "Linear - Newest First" selected?
    No, my selection is "Linear - Oldest first". Isn't that what I want? I do want the oldest (like the first) posts to show up first.

Though I just checked and either way (no matter what I have selected) it goes to the newest post first (on page 17/17).

Are you logged in when you do that?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4?goto=newpost

If you aren't I think it just chucks you to the newest post, as opposed to the one that you were up to before.

Quote Originally Posted by TehFurbolg View Post
    No, my selection is "Linear - Oldest first". Isn't that what I want? I do want the oldest (like the first) posts to show up first.

Though I just checked and either way (no matter what I have selected) it goes to the newest post first (on page 17/17).
    Yea that's what you want (oldest first) just wanted to make sure that wasn't the issue. Hmmm....

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm I just tried to do it and sometimes it took me to the first post and sometimes it would take me to a random one in the middle. Pretty sure I only clicked threads I hadn't visited before...

Yeah, I'm logged in.

I just tried a few threads and four (ouf of five) times got sent to the newest one and once to the first post.

not good with computers
    If you are logged in it will take you to the last unread post in the thread. If it doesn't, you may have marked things as read or already visited the thread before.

Logged in: Mine takes me to post #1, on a post I've never visited before. Seems like it always takes me to post #1. Mine is set to Linear - Oldest first . I refuse to be a lab rat and play with it because I'll be angry if it breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yea that's what you want (oldest first) just wanted to make sure that wasn't the issue. Hmmm....

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm I just tried to do it and sometimes it took me to the first post and sometimes it would take me to a random one in the middle. Pretty sure I only clicked threads I hadn't visited before...
    Actually yeah I remember that in mega-threads, e.g. Skyrim one, linking from home page, takes me a few pages before the end. Annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    If you are logged in it will take you to the last unread post in the thread. If it doesn't, you may have marked things as read or already visited the thread before.
    I always was under the impression it did that, but then I got confused because it didn't anymore for me. I'll try to look out for it, maybe it sometimes logs me out? I don't know, I'll just be aware.

Thanks for the answers, all of you!