Deleted

shadow play + nivida card question

been curious about something, owning a 7970 ghz card very happily, but shadowplay is something thats interested me as well, got bandicam anyways, but never hurts to have something thats hardware based like that for mmos mostly.

wondering if i get a nvidia 750 /650 just slotted in, linus tech tips has proved you can run both amd and nvidia drivers just fine btw, if i run the game from the 7970 but yet still use the nvidia card to capture it with shadowplay.

anyone know if this is tried or is able to try maybe

If you have an Intel Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge or Haswell chip, just use QuickSync with OBS local recording or something similar. It won't give you any performance decrease.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Like glo suggested, OBS local recording with Quick Sync can be effective, but I've had friends tell me it isn't wildly successful/hard to setup. I use Fraps, and don't really get a performance increase, as I record to a Solid State drive and have a very solid build as it is. I recommend trying Fraps. It's not free, but it's cheaper than a graphics card. It's been known to cause more of a performance hit as well, but you may have better luck with it than you've had with Badicam.

Deleted
    oh, i have no issues with bandicam at all, its fine, was keen to have more resources to throw at it, can easily get decent quality at 60 fps, but meh, hopefully theres a solution to this

What CPU do you have?

Deleted
    i5 3570k clocked to 4.4 ghz, this thread isnt about having problems, im very good at setting up the settings to record :P, would just love a way to get access to shadowplay in a cheaper way as to oppose to replacing a very good gpu to begin with.

The point is there's viable and less expensive alternatives.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can always sell the 7970 for about as much as a 780 costs =O

10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding shadowplay - i use it always, well it just sits in background set to 20min interval, and when ever i need i can save last 20mins with one button. Perfomance impact? - 0 .. really, i havent noticed any performance impact. My game is installed on my ssd where also my os is... but shadowplay uses my solid state hdd to store its cached/recorded files.

Deleted
    Have a look at the Gaming Evolved app from AMD - in some games, you can set it to stream and record.