10+ Year Old Account

WoW hiccups/pauses on new gaming laptop..?

Hello so recently I bought a gaming laptop. Everything works wonderfully except that when I play WoW sometimes there is a slight pause/freeze for less then a second then the game resumes. It has started to becoming annoying. It's not an add-on or internet issues. It almost seems like its hard drive issue where WoW is installed I just dunno Any ideas/help would be awesome. The comp I bought is below. Thanks.

ASUS G750JH-DB71
    i7 4700HQ
    24GB RAM
    GTX 780M
    256GB SSD
    1TB HDD
    Last edited by MjH; 2014-02-20 at 05:04 PM.
    I have often regretted having spoken, but never for having not. -De Commynes

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't keep WoW on SSD?
    What are your temps during gaming?
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    You don't keep WoW on SSD?
    What are your temps during gaming?
    This.. If you don't, you should have it on the SSD. It helps a lot. I had a huge performance decrease when I switched from SSD back to my standard hd (for space reasons and only one drive bay).

10+ Year Old Account
    Most laptop HDD's are 5400rpm (or sometimes even 4200!). It MAY not be the issue.. But it might be, too.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I had the same or a very similar problem with my asus g75vw.
    Does the whole computer freeze? like sound and everything, even while you're not playing wow? If I remember correctly, it did happen for me more often while playing wow but did also happen while not playing. Probably just more noticable while playing.

Anyway, if it is the same problem that I had, try uninstalling pre-installed software such as the antivirus, I believe it has mcafee antivirus pre-installed and for many people, that was the reason their G75vw were freezing. It could also be the Wireless network drivers so try updating them.

If it doesn't get solved, I'd recommend reinstalling windows, that way everything unnecessary will be gone! Just make sure you download all drivers and put them on a USB stick.

Forgot to mention that since I got a new desktop and installed Windows 8, my USB 3.0 slots were causing the computer to freeze. My solution for that was to just not use the usb 3.0 until there was a driver fix.
    Last edited by Dahij; 2014-02-20 at 06:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't the whole system it is just WoW. It is a slight pause then its like nothing happened. I uninstalled WoW today and re installed to the SSD and it seemed to fix the issue. Or what I think is the SSD "noob" sounding yes but I've never had a computer where the drives were broke into so many difference sections. Guess this would be my first performance computer/laptop. I have a C:/D:/E:/F:
    The C(OS): is almost full at 95GB with D/E: showing 456GB free and the F: saying 121GB free.
    I have often regretted having spoken, but never for having not. -De Commynes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MjH View Post
    The C(OS): is almost full at 95GB with D/E: showing 456GB free and the F: saying 121GB free.
    Wow, whoever installed your PC was a douche, splitting SSD ....
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Wow, whoever installed your PC was a douche, splitting SSD ....
    They did the same thing to an older ASUS Laptop I bought a couple years ago. It's something ASUS tends to do >.>

You need to redo the SSD and make it ONE partition for better efficiancy. You do not have to delete and reinstall Wow in order to change location. Just copy the whole wow dir to the new location and update the location on the link on the desktop. This is also the quickest way to backup wow, just copy it to a thumb drive...
    My Armory - Tenzi

Had the exact same issue with my laptop when I had WoW on my 1TB HDD. Moved it to my Samsung SSD and never had an issue since. Every time you get that hiccup and pause you will likely hear your HDD speed up as well.