Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Movie] New Fantastic Four cast revealed

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni56827873/?ref_=hm_nw_tp_t1

What do you think of the casting choices? Personally, I wouldn't watch it if someone payed me to. The casting for the Batman/Superman movie is a hell of a lot better than the casting for this one.

Kate Mara is hot in House of Cards. That's all I can comment on in re: this casting.

I hope Fox has learned something and doesn't come up with more shit. Needs more X-Men First Class, less X-Men 1-3 and toss the last 2 F4 movies out the fuckin window, immediately.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I hope Fox has learned something and doesn't come up with more shit. Needs more X-Men First Class, less X-Men 1-3.
    Hugh Jackman is awesome. Don't make me take away your Spuderman toys!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Anything is better than Jessica Alba as Sue Storm. Not to mention Kate Mara has huge talent, so I approve of that one.
    Jamie Bell is a pretty good actor, odd choice for The Thing, but I like it, don't always need a big muscly dude to play something that transforms into a big muscly dude.
    Micahel B Jordan is an amazing actor, don't need to say anything there, he'll do great.
    Who the hell is Miles Teller? Google shows me nothing but terrible terrible movies, I'll have to see a trailer of him in this to see A) His talent and B) The mood this will be in.

So I pretty much approve 3 out of the 4 actors casted, not bad. Now we just need a brilliant script.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Hugh Jackman is awesome. Don't make me take away your Spuderman toys!
    was thinking more the "cheesy comic factor," old xmen movies weren't necessarily bad (even 3 was decent at times)...but they were part of the "first generation" comic movies and as such just came off as childish. The second generation ones are much tighter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Color role aside, I think Jordan can play that cheeky, arrogant hothead role very well. I just wish they would stick to the material though. Since it's a family I guess Johnny is going to be adopted?

To be honest I haven't been happy with any of the Marvel Movies except the ones that have been made with Marvel Studios/Disney behind them. While I still fidn the X-Men movies watchable I do wish they started off with the orgional line up accroding to the comics. The X-Men First Class isn't even the real first class.

but I digress, of course I will keep an open mind as always :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    aren't johnny and sue supposed to be brothers and sisters?...

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    aren't johnny and sue supposed to be brothers and sisters?...
    Yep, and they probably still will be so Fox can claim they're "modern and hip" with mixed race siblings or half siblings or adopted siblings or something.

I'm all for more diversity in casting and characters, but dammit, I would rather not alter the characters of First Family of comic books as we know them.

This is the sort of thing that comes across less as being progressive and more "we want to put our fingers in this IP and leave our mark with a "new take" on it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Another comic movie reboot...good lord don't we have enough of these already?

Gotta say making johnny storm black is perfect. I mean the guy can set himself on fire he is still white just charred.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Yep, and they probably still will be so Fox can claim they're "modern and hip" with mixed race siblings or half siblings or adopted siblings or something.

I'm all for more diversity in casting and characters, but dammit, I would rather not alter the characters of First Family of comic books as we know them.

This is the sort of thing that comes across less as being progressive and more "we want to put our fingers in this IP and leave our mark with a "new take" on it."
    In my opinion, there should be at least five or six black characters in the Fantastic Four. One is nowhere near enough. And maybe make The Thing Chinese or something.

The only good thing I can say about the original is that Chris Evans is nice eye candy ANY casting changes for the reboot would be good ones - of course, that's going on the assumption that a reboot is even needed . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    In my opinion, there should be at least five or six black characters in the Fantastic Four. One is nowhere near enough. And maybe make The Thing Chinese or something.
    The thing can't be yellow... Orange is what makes the thing the thing that and being a giant talking rock. Really changing characters breeds/species/race w/e you wanna call it is changing the stories that everyone knew and love. Look how people reacted to people saying santa is black. Again i don't care either way just arguing on the side of those that wont say it.

Making a character a different color is a bad move to the story. Look at queen of the damaned made the queen black and the movie just didnt have that good ole feeling especially when she was suppose to be white. Or how about they made Tony stark Mexican or Clark Kent black. Its no longer the same character but something completely different and bad for the story.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Hopefully some miraculous event will occur that shuts down production before it even starts, and the rights revert back to Marvel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    Hopefully some miraculous event will occur that shuts down production before it even starts, and the rights revert back to Marvel.
    I hope so.
    This evil must be stopped before it spreads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also I liked the original two films :*( Guess it would be weird having captain America as the human torch again :P

Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    The thing can't be yellow... Orange is what makes the thing the thing that and being a giant talking rock. Really changing characters breeds/species/race w/e you wanna call it is changing the stories that everyone knew and love. Look how people reacted to people saying santa is black. Again i don't care either way just arguing on the side of those that wont say it.

Making a character a different color is a bad move to the story. Look at queen of the damaned made the queen black and the movie just didnt have that good ole feeling especially when she was suppose to be white. Or how about they made Tony stark Mexican or Clark Kent black. Its no longer the same character but something completely different and bad for the story.
    I actually agree. And because they can turn Kingpin and Human Torch black, why not make remake Blade and make him white, or cast a white actor in the upcoming Black Panther movie and make him white, with Wakonga (or however it is spelled) be a hidden nation of white people deep within Africa?

Michael B Jordan may be a good actor (I honestly don't know if I have seen him in a movie or not), but it was a mistake to turn Johnny Storm black. And I have a feeling that Sue Storm will be the adopted one, because that makes the movie more relevant, or some contrived bullshit. I do think all the Marvel comic entities should be under Marvel Studios/Disney, and away from Sony. The Spiderman reboot was bad enough, and the Amazing Spiderman 2 film looks like shit.

Have we ruled out Kate Mara blackface yet?

They had me at Kate Mara.

Hopefully, the movie will be good though. They can do some cool crossovers down the line. I'm just not sure that this will take off though. They have had 2 cracks at it already with the second one being worse than the first one.