View Poll Results: Will Scottish independence be good or bad?

Voters
375. This poll is closed
  • Good

129 34.40%
  • Bad

177 47.20%
  • Not interested

69 18.40%
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    It'll of course be bad; but I take some comfort in the fact that most Scots will probably agree with that verdict, and vote to stay in Union. If they vote otherwise, then it'll at least be the death knell for Salmond and his SNP; when people realize that the pro-independence rhetoric of self-sustainability/currency unions/etc, is not followed through.
    There hasn't been a single official (major?) poll in 2014 coming back with a YES vote, and even last year there was only a handful (maybe only even 1 from one of the more regular polls). Salmond has his exit plan sorted anyway, if he wins he's going to retire near immediately and be seen as the saviour of Scotland but then get out before anything meaningful happens, so no fuck ups get attributed to him. If he loses then he leaves immediately and preserves his reputation as at least fighting. I don't know what happens to the SNP but Salmond is gone soon, regardless of outcome.

Says a lot don't you think.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion...dum,_2014#2014

None this year and only one last year.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    I am all for freedom of choice but it annoys me how much they are cherry picking. They want to keep the Royals, keep the pound, keep the Royal Navy shipyards, keep the north sea oil, want an integrated armed forces and are assuming automatic membership into the EU (Spain will likely block them), call this independence?
    I think you have summed up my thoughts rather succinctly. The other thing that bothers me it this is a big deal and when it is done it is basically forever. Most of the polls seem to be pointing toward the idea that if thy go independent it will be by the slimmest of majorities which will be much ado to please barely half your people. If the reality of independence is more grim than they thought then suddenly you will have a majority of discontent but really no recourse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    It won't separate families.....damn common sense please.
    Correct, this isn't like the splitting of the Koreas.

I believe the plan is to offer passports/dual nationalities to those who are native scots plus their families overseas. One of my friends has family in her dads side up in Scotland and they live there, her dad was born in Scotland and grew up there. If what she says is true then he definitely gets scottish nationality and she might do as well. Not certain though.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMHO, No campaign is pure fear mongering. The UK has a lot to lose if Scotland leaves, and they know it.

I've found on my time here on MMO-Champion though that Off-Topic forums threads tend to just be flame bait though. Anything to get people upset without having a real discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    IMHO, No campaign is pure fear mongering. The UK has a lot to lose if Scotland leaves, and they know it.

I've found on my time here on MMO-Champion though that Off-Topic forums threads tend to just be flame bait though. Anything to get people upset without having a real discussion.
    You weren't interested in debate in the last thread on Scottish independence you were in, just pushing your agenda using a misinformed view of the UK, as demonstrated by you first sentence

The UK has a lot to lose, which is why we want to keep the Union, Scotland has far more to lose, for example...

Politically: losing Scotland weakens the UK, as nearly 10% of it's population goes, whereas for Scotland they become a political irrelevance internationally.

Economically: the UK would be in the same position they are at the moment, with London and the South East funding the rest of the nation. Scotland may be slightly better off, or slightly worse off, but not enough to offset the enormous loss of political clout, as all they'd do is trade a strong bargaining position within the EU as part of the UK, for a weaker position on their own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakehead View Post
    I found this article to be disturbing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ks-EU-law.html

Long story short the leader of the Scottish national party wants to charge people from the uk tuition fees if scotland break away despite education being free under current conditions.
    Its not a fight, its not even a brawl. This is an argument that results in your partner saying "we need some time apart".

10+ Year Old Account
    Not happy with the recent advertising strategy of the no vote, but in all honesty of that actually makes people vote yes, then they are idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakehead View Post
    I found this article to be disturbing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ks-EU-law.html

Long story short the leader of the Scottish national party wants to charge people from the uk tuition fees if scotland break away despite education being free under current conditions.
    I wonder if that extends to irish and anyone else outside of the UK borders.

I've got family in scotland, so I don't want to have to pay extra fees for going up their by train.
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I wonder if that extends to irish and anyone else outside of the UK borders.

I've got family in scotland, so I don't want to have to pay extra fees for going up their by train.
    I can't believe the Scottish governors would be so stupid to make such a move. It's so easy to get past that problem. Just make tuition fees apply to everyone, including Scottish citizens, BUT make the government pay the tuition fee back to Scottish citizens in some form of student support. Problem solved, no discriminatory against anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be quite bad for Scotland. Salmand is just using secession as a smokescreen to distract from his lack of any actual policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    There's not much good that can come from this whole event really, at best it might give London a kick up the arse and they'll stop viewing the UK as London plus serfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the_axi View Post
    There's not much good that can come from this whole event really, at best it might give London a kick up the arse and they'll stop viewing the UK as London plus serfs.
    London...that hive mind

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    London...that hive mind
    You're like a bee to honey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the_axi View Post
    You're like a bee to honey.
    And you haven't learnt from the last time you were humiliated about your lack of knowledge regarding the UK economically and politically. Hey ho.

Deleted
    Will be interesting to see how they'd fare alone.

i see the votes so far reflect what the probable outcome will be, most ppl think its a bad idea, the die hard english haters vote yes, a good portion of ppl needed to make it a clear yes simply don't give a fuck.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    And you haven't learnt from the last time you were humiliated about your lack of knowledge regarding the UK economically and politically. Hey ho.
    All I remember is your usual blubber about trade unions, everywhere out of London being "out in the sticks", Margaret Thatcher being awesome and posting some numbers about how London pays out more for the rest of the UK, completely ignoring the fact those where all percentages and in real money London spends almost 2-4 times as much as any other town or city in the UK.

If that somehow counts as me being "humiliated" then I guess yes? It was like a week ago however and frankly your drivel isn't worth remembering at the best of times.

10+ Year Old Account
    London is crowded and smells bad anyway :s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    London is crowded and smells bad anyway :s
    If the teeth thread is anything to go by, it's all those fish and shit pies we eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    It will be good for Scotland.
    It will be good for England as well, at least in the long term. Scotland will do just fine too.

I'm not so sure that Wales or Northern Ireland would do well as independent countries though.