Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    You won't find pop fans here, and I'm defiantly not one off them aswell.

Horrible generic music.
    I could say the same for Metal though. To me it just sounds like someones putting the bins out, it has no substance at all, it's just "lets see how hateful and emo we can be today" and add an electric guitar. At least with pop it doesn't take itself seriously, and has no boundaries, and there are a lot of talented (and musically educated) producers around that have more creativity in their little finger than a generic long haired metal group, lol.
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2014-02-24 at 11:38 AM.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I pretty much hate the majority of pop music there is nowadays. It's all about love, getting drunk and having a good time! Hooray! I wish people would sing about something worthwhile or topical, or failing that, a parody song. Generic love songs appealing to the Lowest Common Denominator are rampant and I'm sick of them. While it is popular to attack people like Bieber and One Direction, they are good singers. They just decide to sing that boring, mass-appeal crap.
    Would you like to know why it sells so much? The lyrics aren't targeted to a specific person with a name, but they're directed to the listener. Take What Makes You Beautiful's lyrics-the group sing about accepting the flaws and beauty of the individual and repeating that X is beautiful. 'You' is repeated so many times it could mean anyone-hence loads of pre-teen girls loving it.

I also have a problem with mainstream rap-it's all about hoes, smoking recreational drugs, riding around in fancy cars/boats/aeroplanes etc. It's all so boring.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    I love Timber

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I could say the same for Metal though. To me it just sounds like someones putting the bins out, it has no substance at all, it's just "lets see how hateful and emo we can be today" and add an electric guitar. At least with pop it doesn't take itself seriously, and has no boundaries, and there are a lot of talented (and musically educated) producers around that have more creativity in their little finger than a generic long haired metal group, lol.
    You clearly know nothing about Metal. "Emo" and even the pseudo-Emo scene has precisely nothing to do with Metal. If Metal really had an 'image' so to speak it would be overwhelming escapist, not emo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43o1pFLcmsA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juUW4vUtS0c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur..._BxhvkVg#t=179

I don't have a type of music, I just need to like the song, this one I do like

I feel very conflicted reading a lot of this.
    Seems like this declaration, where "nobody listens to this, and everyone dislikes" is, well.. it has a hipster/elite peer pressure vibe. It smacks of this silly judgmentalism.
    Music that can sell, or that people enjoy is always going to get into the mainstream.
    It's like, hate to tell ya but Major Lazer + Bruno Mars = Pop music, but is Major Lazer realy pop? lol
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    Careful with that edge bro, you might cut someone.
    Whilst that guy could've worded it better, I personally have to agree

I find that synthesised crap to be terrible.

don't get me wrong, some pop is ok, I happen to be a push over for Katy Perry's voice and Avril lavigne.

But I prefer music where you can hmm

feel the emotion, feel the passion. when they strum the guitar, when they hit the drums...

I just, I do not feel like pop music is real 'music' its singing. and it can be good singing, but music needs emotion. in my mind anyway.

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    I feel very conflicted reading a lot of this.
    Seems like this declaration, where "nobody listens to this, and everyone dislikes" is, well.. it has a hipster/elite peer pressure vibe. It smacks of this silly judgmentalism.
    Pretty much this.

What's really funny, when it comes to music discussions like these, is all the metalheads hating on mainstream music, without realizing that heavy metal (including a lot of the subgenres) is really really really mainstream too.
    That and all the generalizations of X genre. "Rap is always about hoes, money and drugs!" "Metal is just angsty emo screaming!" "Pop is just about pre-teen love!".
    Or the lovely "music isn't music if it isn't made with real instruments" argument.

It just reminds me of music discussions back in middle/high-school.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    I don't understand. Seriously.

Btw that guy looks as retarded as this one... except only one is acting.
    Meanwhile your posting bile on the internet while hes dancing with beautiful women, earning money and enjoying life. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Hi, look up Rick Rubin ( http://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Rubin )

Call all thoes bands on his glories list generic, and I will fucking die. He even made quit a few pop Albums to.

...Rock has so many genre its incredible. Metal is not just metal, it has tons of sub-genres, from nordic pirate/viking music, to "emo" as you put it.

Personally I preffer just straigth up 80's metal, also called trash. It was made after the top giants off rock (Such as Motherhead, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin and Sabbath) inspired the LA bands known as Slayer, Mettallica, and Megadeth to play even faster and more aggresive, BUT it has the nice powerfull strong lyrics, with no or little growling.

Metal was born mainly inn East coast New York (Anthrax), and West cost with LA, and then quit a few bands from Germany, back inn the 80's. Metal is anything but generic.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2014-02-24 at 07:14 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    You think it's terrible. *you*. It's not a fact, just your opinion.
    And so do all the other people who dislike it. It's not because it's popular, it's because it's shite and a lot of other people share that opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, look up Rick Rubin ( http://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Rubin )

Call all thoes bands on his glories list generic, and I will fucking die. He even made quit a few pop Albums to.

...Rock has so many genre its incredible. Metal is not just metal, it has tons of sub-genres, from nordic pirate/viking music, to "emo" as you put it.

Personally I preffer just straigth up 80's metal, also called trash. It was made after the top giants off rock (Such as Motherhead, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin and Sabbath) inspired the LA bands known as Slayer, Mettallica, and Megadeth to play even faster and more aggresive, BUT it has the nice powerfull strong lyrics, with no or little growling.

Metal was born mainly inn East coast New York (Anthrax), and West cost with LA, and then quit a few bands from Germany, back inn the 80's. Metal is anything but generic.
    Metal wasn't born in america, it was born in the UK. Black Sabbath, The Beatles with "She's so Heavy" and some people considered Led Zeppelin heavy metal, that's long before the 1980's
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Anything with Ke$ha in it is unworthy of being called 'music'. I wonder, how much lower the bar can go before it reaches the bottom?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post

Metal wasn't born in america, it was born in the UK. Black Sabbath, The Beatles with "She's so Heavy" and some people considered Led Zeppelin heavy metal, that's long before the 1980's
    Trash metal was trough, but you didnt read it correct np's And yes, many bands inspired the music that the big 4 founded inn the early 80's. Faster and louder Personally I consider Moterheard, Sabbath and Iron Maiden as the top 3 most influenceable bands for rock. They gave us so much! And then Anthrax took it the next step, kind of starting nu-metal cause they made that one big hit with rap and rock, (Korn/Linking Park, rockrap etc), and Pantera keept metal fresh and live inn the 90's when it was all about Grunge (Not that Nirvana is bad, but yea..)

And now days all we see are shitty growling bands, and very few trash bands the way I preffer it
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2014-02-24 at 10:01 PM.

Trash metal was trough, but you didnt read it correct np's And yes, many bands inspired the music that the big 4 founded inn the early 80's. Faster and louder Personally I consider Moterheard, Sabbath and Iron Maiden as the top 3 most influenceable bands for rock. They gave us so much! And then Anthrax took it the next step, kind of starting nu-metal cause they made that one big hit with rap and rock, (Korn/Linking Park, rockrap etc), and Pantera keept metal fresh and live inn the 90's when it was all about Grunge (Not that Nirvana is bad, but yea..)

And now days all we see are shitty growling bands, and very few trash bands the way I preffer it
    I guess music has to evolve though, it's very hard for new thrash bands to compare with the likes of Pantera as to me they reprisent the climax of the genre. You also had the rise of Melodic Death Metal with bands like Arch Enemy (even though it goes back to the 90s it didn't get popular till 2003ish) and many other genres popping up. Djent became a thing, which to me was just a bunch of people taking Meshuggah and Gojira and adding some poptacular singing... Periphery did it well early on but when the whole "Djent" thing became a thing and all those bands started copycating it soon got old for me.

Music has to evolve, the classics will always remain for us to listen to. I've become a bit of a cynical grumpy bastard in my late 20's and to be frank I don't like 95% of what I hear with current/new music/bands, be it rock, metal, pop or other. It takes a great deal for me to be impressed or enticed because it feels like I've heard it all before. I am a musician and a producer and I spend my life making music... but I can't remember the last time I got excited about listening to music as a recreational past time, aside from making music I haven't listened to music properly in a long time.

With all that in mind, I'd never heard nor heard of the music or artists in the OP before this thread, and listening to that song made me want to be sick all over my speakers.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Yea! Pantera was kinda climax off the genre for trash. Trough bands like Havok and Evile do good on there own, inn a post-90's world, that was largely ruled by Metallica (Its hard to belive that Metallica was likely the biggest band ever back inn the early 90's)

...Black Album was just...Yea, peak off metal. Wether the music on the album is good or not, is up to taste, but it was never on the same mainstream/popular level again. Ofcourse you had boybands and pop princess inn the early 90's aswell, but I really feel they we're above thoes, if just for a few years after black album release

Edit: Forgot Linking Park trough...They took rock/metal and made it mainstream again, but there is an old and a new Linking Park now days for sure. Its insane to think how much there first 2 albums sold global trough, for a rock band that was completely new
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2014-02-25 at 01:20 PM.