Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsoo View Post
    Shattering throw and disarm gone? What..? Well, guess i'll be rerolling
    To what? Another class which got 1/3 of skills removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Readiness actually loses some value when abilities get reduced below certain amounts. Example would be Storm Bolt. Reduce less than 20 seconds and its pretty useless until you get to ~10s or less.
    At 20s we can use it every CS. Even at 11s; it will start pushing out of CS with repeated uses. We'd end up delaying it to fit into CS, which in turn makes the reduction less useful.

Similar for Bladestorm; if there aren't adds often enough, the extra reduction doesn't really help you. Sure you can use it for Single Target, but does that slight increase in DPS actually make up for the other stat you could have? Possibly not.
    If adds come out every 40 seconds, then a 30 second Bladestorm really doesn't do you any good at all (compared to 40s), as you would have to delay it regardless.

Now the benefits of other abilities (Recklessness) could very well make up for this; but something to keep in mind.
    AM definitely seems the way to go; mathing out Ignite Weapon, it doesn't seem very good atm. And Ravager ofc will be a situational AoE ability.
    True, but wouldn't the increased Readiness be more appealing to Arms whose CS can come off cooldown before 20 seconds? It's still RNG of course, and we don't know how Arms and Fury are going to compare in Warlords, but AM seems like a no-brainer for a majority of situations.

It's possible, I'm sure WarriorSarri will make something like 8 more SimC profiles to figure it out.

And I agree, AM is no brainer, but that's also because current IW is poopy. :P
    To clarify, more readiness will always be good, so long as it effects something like Recklessness, it simply doesn't benefit certain abilities at a point due to the reasons I outlined above.

A lot of things are still up in the air of course, which is why I don't get too worked up over it.

Not sure how I feel about SB/BS switching places but with the overall PvP revamp of all classes I'm going to not complain until I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    The Fire damage - Mastery is something that we hadn't even considered. Props to Anuibus for pointing that out! Definitely makes the talent pretty garbage without some other, as of yet unknown, changes.
    I thought about it because blizzard tried to make DR do fire damage as a way to penetrate armor. sucked ass.
    might be a way to prevent it double dipping on mastery. if it deals auto attack damage, then auto attack will go up naturally when you're enraged, and then transfer into the ability. we'll see.
    Last edited by Anuibus; 2014-02-21 at 08:02 AM.

Am I the only one who is really irritated by the idea of having Disarm gone?

I mean yes, it might not see much use in Pve-DPS, but speaking as someone who plays arenas competitively I find this very disturbing.

Apart from the fact that I have always regarded it as sort of an iconic ability in nine years of playing a warrior, it´s one of our best options to help out our mates (or ourselves) in arena and reduce pressure of the opposing team (when not facing spell cleave comp, obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by Jason X View Post
    Am I the only one who is really irritated by the idea of having Disarm gone?

I mean yes, it might not see much use in Pve-DPS, but speaking as someone who plays arenas competitively I find this very disturbing.
    I'd guess that everyone will lose it but I agree it's kinda sad that it had to go for stuns. I don't think pvp is fixable anyways.

Anger management reduces cooldowns by 1 second per 15 rage spent, which gives storm bolt a graph like this:

The X-axis is the cooldown on storm bolt, and the y axis is the average rage generated per second. The talent says that it reduces the cooldown when the rage is spent, but for our purposes this can be ignored as while we may hold on to rage for 5-15 seconds, we definitely spend it all every 20 seconds.

:late edit: Deleted information as I've implemented everything into simcraft, starting here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post25528014

Numbers are a bit more accurate, as more variables can be accounted for.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2014-02-22 at 04:05 PM.

Deleted
    Glad they finally did the Stormbolt/Bladestorm swap. This will leade to much less PvP QQ due to double stuns => we wont get our utility nerfed all the time.
    Rebalancing the Talents now has to be done ofc, but im sure its gonna be balanced so that SS>DR>SB and BB>AV>BS is true for Single Target.

About the new 90s. I am really happy now to see that HS wont be scrapped (was kinda fearing that). It also looks like this opens up some new Gearing Options, as it wont be necessary to get 50% Readiness from gear anymore (for stormbolt). I am happy, as long as they balance it that way that ignite weapon is actually a valid choice, once you decide to get 50% readiness from gear. The numbers are definitely not final, but i guess we can see now where the mechanics are going.

So, you're telling me I can use Dragon Roar+Bladestorm+Ravager with the same build?
    More aoe skills, please?

Kinda sad for the removal of Throw, was neat in some cases (Scarlet Monastry, you can make the ghost stack really fast, for instance) and it seems we don't have any ranged ability without cooldown anymore. :/

I was afraid they had removed gladiator stance.

Good to see it's still in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still isn't enough information to draw any reasonable conclusion on how talents will rank against each other.

Deleted
    Is any of this prot related? Just seems like a lot of damage dealing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsoo View Post
    Shattering throw and disarm gone? What..? Well, guess i'll be rerolling
    Hoping that a lot of current CC/control abilities are their anti-CC counterparts are going to get cut. Disarm is far too common in PVP now, and while the priest/hunter versions are ridiculous and should never have even existed, I would be okay with dismantle being the only one that survives the cut.

That is so long as the number of stuns, incapacitates, polymorphs, silences and fears gets cut too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ronocko View Post
    Is any of this prot related? Just seems like a lot of damage dealing stuff.
    The video it's from an arms pov, so no prot info besides the tweet saying that glad stance is still in and replaces ignite weapon. Which it's funny, because the only spec that lacks armor pen is prot, so that ignite weapon talent would have been better for it. Well, if it wasn't because HS contribution to prot damage sucks (~3%) as it is now. Melee is around 9% though, so as long as you kept it up it wouldn't be that bad, specially since with ultimatum you wouldn't waste that much rage. Anyways, no point in thinking about it.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2014-02-21 at 02:27 PM.

New talent placement looks interesting too. Looks like Storm Bolt + Bloodbath or Avatar for single target, and Dragon Roar + Bladestorm for AOE(and Ravager too possibly).

Ignite Weapon sounds fun but Anger Management just looks too good if it can keep that SB CD reduced, among others. Although I did read that SB is getting nerfed some.

AM will certinately get nerfed some. No way around it, as is with CDR stat we would end up with some ridiculous 10s Storm Bolts pretty quickly (not that I am complaining!).

I don't mind Ignite really. I feel like Collision said it takes something away from the spec by removing rage management and hurting CS, but that is a common complaint with newer fury players.
    If it becomes the "lazy mans" fury style or for people who can't manage rage/rotation due to skill or gear... I'm ok with that.

These talents are infinitely better than the old however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we getting some sort of hunters readiness? Or am I just not reading it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zerkked View Post
    Are we getting some sort of hunters readiness? Or am I just not reading it right?
    Readiness = CDR stat in WoD. Basically Galakras trinket becomes a secondary stat. Not yet known exactly what/how many abilities will be effected.

I think those are much more interesting than the old ones! Though they should had replaced that crappy ravager and not blade barrier...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne