Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What the hell man, really, he's a principal player for the Dranei, you can't just make him a sacrifice, are we expecting the Azeroth version of Velen to shephard his people of Alt-Draneor into Azuremyst Island or will he lead his people from the Exodar into the Temple in Shadowmoon Valley in Alt-Draenor?

63k hp seems quite a lot for lvl 91. Thought it would be way less. So at lvl 100 we are already above the 100k ?

Quote Originally Posted by Xayl1 View Post
    It's not ours so it doesn't matter to much if it's gone tbh
    Yeah, that is also really meh. And in before "horde fanboyism" - I wanted Thrall to die vs Deathwing. :S

Quote Originally Posted by El Mariachi View Post
    What the hell man, really, he's a principal player for the Dranei, you can't just make him a sacrifice, are we expecting the Azeroth version of Velen to shephard his people of Alt-Draneor into Azuremyst Island or will he lead his people from the Exodar into the Temple in Shadowmoon Valley in Alt-Draenor?
    I think we are now Expecting Yrel an Maraad to do these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Xayl1 View Post
    It's not ours so it doesn't matter to much if it's gone tbh
    This is a crock of shit and I'm tired of hearing people say this.

It doesn't matter that its the alternate version. The fact is that this Velen and his actions in WoD were very clearly shown to us under the assumption it was in place of our Velen and the issue of "He doesn't do anything." That's why they kept mentioning he was going to have a more active role, ect.

And then they decide to kill him off in the first zone.

such active. much alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by El Mariachi View Post
    I could see something like this happening, would be nice for our Velen to actually do something once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    This is a crock of shit and I'm tired of hearing people say this.

It doesn't matter that its the alternate version. The fact is that this Velen and his actions in WoD were very clearly shown to us under the assumption it was in place of our Velen and the issue of "He doesn't do anything." That's why they kept mentioning he was going to have a more active role, ect.

And then they decide to kill him off in the first zone.

such active. much alliance.
    Agreed, I would be very very disappointed if THIS is what they had in mind with a more active role, but I hope it's just a way for them to exclude the double Velen problem and let our Velen get active.
    Last edited by mmocf2cbbe5153; 2014-02-21 at 08:31 AM.

Oh god dat Shadowmoon Valley is amazing looking! The horde zone is good too but SMV is seriously looking good. It's amazing what new character models are doing for this game. It's such a breath of fresh air. If anything just having all of the NPC's with the updated models is a huge difference from live. Everything has more polygons and the game is actually starting to look a lot more fluid and modern.

I haven't been this excited for an expansion since ever, and I've been playing since BC. GIEFF MEEEE WARLORDS NEOWWWWWWWWWW!

10+ Year Old Account
    As a guardian druid i feel left out on new models Looking on block of my bears ass for another expansion

Deleted
    63k is a lot imo.

I really hoped to have bc like health pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    LOL, let's fix the impression of Horde favoritism by killing off one of the most powerful entities of the Alliance in the first fucking questing zone. What a fucking joke this game has become.
    If what Blizzard say is true, the character only passes on in WoD not in our timeline, which means he's still alive.

Cairne Bloodhoof =/= The Prophet Velen. And when did I imply that the Horde had anything to do with it. The point is, one of the Alliance leaders that has one of the biggest contributions to the overall lore of the game and some of the most innately powerful abilities (who was also largely left out of the actual game to many peoples' consternation) is killed in the first questing zone. Meanwhile, Alliance players have to have 2 expansions of World of Hordecraft. We can't even kill Garrosh when we defeat him, yet they take Velen out in a questing zone. Dumb as fuck.
    Velen didn't die.

A time travel copy of Velen, Velen-Beta, died before he could muck things up by meeting himself.

The real Velen is safe and sound back on Azeroth.

Are we aloud to talk about the huge spoiler in this?

Ah fuck it

This was bound to happen this valen isnt our valen and it would be OP to have 2 of them floating around so it was so obvious one of them had to go before shit got going.

Deleted
    well.. all i can say is; I'll be back and im PREPARED!

Deleted
    how did the koreans get Draenor footage?

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL, let's fix the impression of Horde favoritism by killing off one of the most powerful entities of the Alliance in the first fucking questing zone. What a fucking joke this game has become.
    I love how at the first mention of Velen's demise everyone assumes that that is the finality of his part in the coming story.

If it happens that soon into the Xpac, and he's such a big lore piece (though fairly absent in the games thus far), I would imagine that Blizzard would remedy that later into the story ... Not to mention that this is all on Draenor. The last refuge of the Draenei. I can't imagine they'd just shove Velen under the rug like that unless they're planning something ridiculous and huge for the Draenei ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Ner'zhul is going to be PISSED when our Velen shows up after the other sacrificed himself to spoil Ner'zhuls plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our Velen can now play a role in this.

It's WoD version of Velen. Our Velen stays alive. Cool off

I hope this is the case. Either way, still dumb to take down one of the most powerful entities of Azeroth/Draenor in a questing zone. They could have done this more elegantly than just offing him in a questing cinematic.
    An amazingly powerful being, Velen-Beta, died saving an even more powerful being, a naruu, from an orc supervillain. There are better ways to die than that?

It's better he dies early in an impressive way. It makes a big impression on the maximum number of players. They will scatter once they leave the starting zone, but Velen-beta's death will stick with them. Can you even leave the starting zone without seeing his death? This isn't exactly a calm introduction like in MoP.

Besides, now the new characters can take over and have the maximum amount of screen time and allow the story to progress without the constant drag of two Velens on the story.

The wolf in the second video is Drek'thar's holy hell i'm excited. that was all I had to see.