[H] Garrosh 25 P1 Add Question

Just started working on Heroic Garrosh tonight, and after coming into the raid having done a fair bit of research, I had a question. The first set of adds that spawn during phase 1 are fine, they target myself (prot warrior) and are nuked. The second group of adds is the issue, sometimes. They seem to target people at random, including healers, no matter where I have the boss positioned.

Myself and the other tank are doing what we can to establish initial threat, and the people being targeted are not aoeing. Even while standing next to the group as they come in, they just seem to overlook me.

To get an idea of the positioning we use, it's essentially this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0agcik6ah2

We're at the first intermission, which we seem to have worked out, but the apparent randomness of the adds is really frustrating. What am I missing here aside from sucking and being months behind?

They have fixate based on proximity/threat. You're likely not going to get all of them, we gave up on that completely and just CD through the desecrate/adds. Chain stuns/big CD's after the roar or w/e. Remember that the 2nd set only needs to be at 50% for the iron star to kill them, stop AoE on them early and push the boss.

Deleted
    The warrior adds coming during phase 1 target random people, and continue switching targets every few seconds, and there's not really much you can do to change this.

The only add you can tank and control as normal is the shaman wolf rider add.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    They have fixate based on proximity/threat. You're likely not going to get all of them, we gave up on that completely and just CD through the desecrate/adds. Chain stuns/big CD's after the roar or w/e. Remember that the 2nd set only needs to be at 50% for the iron star to kill them, stop AoE on them early and push the boss.
    Yeah, we got the 50% knock back part down, but were losing squishies due to being targeted. I thought there was something more myself and the other tank could be doing but it seems like we just need to chain cool downs and stuns better.

Thank you both for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by inexs View Post
    Yeah, we got the 50% knock back part down, but were losing squishies due to being targeted. I thought there was something more myself and the other tank could be doing but it seems like we just need to chain cool downs and stuns better.

Thank you both for the input.
    Use tranquility or healing tide after Garrosh uses war song

Make sure people targeted are using a small personal if they can, and if they're super squishy they can slightly adjust positioning, as stated early they go more off proximity and will tend to just switch targets instead of following the person.

If someone has the an add on them (noticable because of the Hamstring debuff) just get them to stand slightly behind the group if they are squishy. Stun them also.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-02-21 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    The warrior adds coming during phase 1 target random people, and continue switching targets every few seconds, and there's not really much you can do to change this.

The only add you can tank and control as normal is the shaman wolf rider add.
    That is just straight up wrong. They can be tanked as normal and only fixate after Hellscream's Warsong is cast.

After Hellscream's Warsong they will fixate on people based on proximity. The easiest way to deal with it is use a Leg Sweep (or other instant AoE stun) followed by a cap totem and use all your knockbacks after the cap totem goes off to knock them far away into the path of the Iron Star where they will be killed before they can reach the raid again.

Make sure you also use a Gorefiend's Grasp when they come in to group them tightly and ensure they all get knocked back together and don't fly out the side or something.

You shouldn't be needing healing CDs for the adds as with proper stuns and knockbacks they won't be hitting anyone aside from the tanks.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-02-21 at 11:55 AM.

One neat thing is that because they fixate they will ignore priest void tendrils, meaning you have a 20 second root that doesn't break on damage.

On the second wave we knockback them in the iron star's path then void tendril them and ignore them while pushing boss damage.

Warning: Desecrated weapon damage will kill the void tendrils.

As others have said just chain stun them after he casts warsong, by the time the third stun is out it should be time to knock them back.