Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Let's Talk about Tryndamere.

This dude is so OP. I just hate him. I've never played the champ (well I have played him free week, but not seriously), but he is basically my friend's main so I know a lot about him, and it's disgusting how much he warps the entire game around him. This is why he's good:

pros-
    -great sustain at top even from lvl 1 with LS quints
    -melee hypercarry. Just needs one or two kills to snowball.
    -mobility. Easily hop over just about any treeline in the game.
    -Safe lane...just has to E away to stop most ganks.
    -ultimate allows him to get kills even in bad situations.
    -Split pushes ridiculously well because of all his other traits.

cons
    -dies when there's a ton of cc, but doesn't everyone?

The thing I hate most about him is how you can keep him down the whole game, but if he just gets one or two kills suddenly he becomes this crazy threat. Like as the jungler I try to camp him, and some games I'll get a bunch of early kills on him, but by the mid-late game he's suddenly a monster like his shit early game didn't even happen. It's like it's useless even trying to stop him.

I feel like he needs a nerf, in what way I can't say for sure, but he needs one.

Deleted
    To be honest, I've never had trouble with him. Simply pick a champion who can trade equally or better, and disengage when HE wants to fight. Repeat once or twice, acquire blood money. This applies both pre and post level 6. My favourites to pick against him are Kha and Riven. Let him engage, trade, jump away. If he doesn't want to engage, you do it to him, bait out his spin, then go in as soon as he goes near creeps again, safe in the knowledge he can't get away for a few more seconds. He's not that hard to bully before 6, and if you bully him enough before then, he won't be a problem after 6 either. As for late game, just peel him off whatever he wants to kill and drop an ignite on him when he's in his ult, problem solved. Always felt like the main problem with him is he's near impossible to stop if someone just feeds him like it's Thanksgiving dinner, but then again, a lot of champs are. Even then, if I'm playing Janna or Zyra for instance (which I might be if I see a Trynd on the enemy team), I just make it my job to keep him running around like a headless chicken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    I feel like he needs a nerf, in what way I can't say for sure, but he needs one.
    He is like any other adc, he destroys things with proper items.
    If you lane vs trynda, play renek, roflstomp him and deny all the farm.
    If you play jungler, get some CC, I believe skarner is best with his ulti.
    If you any other, make sure you have some cc, stun or pushback is best, or some escape.

Stun/immobilize when he ulties, when he spins to you, either flash away or use escape skill.
    If he gets in your face and you can't get away, he will destroy you, unless you have better items.

He is easily gimped with either frozen heart or omen (shield that slows).
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say it's been a while since we seen one of these threads. Never will cease to entertain though.

Most of my usual top laner picks stomp on Tryn early/mid game (silver 5). The problem is he's a ticking time bomb that can go nuclear given enough farm. The more cs/kills you deny him early, the more useless he'll be until he gets his build. Hard part is, he excels at split pushing, so unless you're curbstomping his team in 4v5s, he can make himself relevant. A few strats:

-Lane pressure. Suppose he's pushing top, his team is mid. Push down bot if your champ is good at pushing, or send someone who is. Their team either breaks off mid to go bot (hopefully you/your team and kill whoever lingers), stays mid for a stalemate and you race with him, maybe picking up dragon. Lane pressure 9/10 times wins games more than teamfights.

-Denial. Tryn actually has a big sphere of influence (Mocking Shout/Spinny Slash), but he's pretty bad at jousting. Go in, lay a few hits in, then get out asap. Try to avoid fighting him when his bar is full/near full, as he gets bonus AD and crit. If he commits with a spin, you can punish him really badly for it. Also, time your Ignite to the end of his ult. Even with Bloodlust's heal, it'll still kill him most of the time.

-Build. Randuin's, Frozen Heart, and BotRK are all useful against Tryn, reducing his damage, rage gen, and providing with powerful sustain. The active can be used to keep him from escaping or executing him post ult. If you're one of the few champs that can use it, Frozen Mallet is also good, providing health and a permaslow that can keep him snared even after a spin. Never go Thornmail.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, good old Trynd, how i mess these days when people played him, it was so easy to wreck his ass by baiting his E into a gank pre level 6, or baiting out his ult, retreating and igniting his ass to death. Basically, every time he uses E, you punish him for it because he can't get it back as fast as he used to do (only crits on heroes reduce CD on E)

No, really, unless really fed, he has no "pros" whatsoever, he is easy to kite, he is very weak against Exhaust, he literally can't fight without 100 rage. And his lane phase are so shitty after "AP Trynd" nerfs, Rene, Riven, Nasus, Mundo, can't remember other popular picks on top, all of them can trade with Trynd successfully and all of them have greater sustain and farm power than he does.
    Items like BotRK, Wardens mail, Thornmail (if you are fat bruiser and Trynds lifesteal is really a problem) wrecks Trynd and he can't kill this target unless very fed.
    He is good when you level your account, but even in silver league people know how to win against him.

Deleted
    Did I enter a portal to 2011

He's a melee carry. Melee carries like both master yi and fiora are pretty bonkers unless cc'ed in team fights. They will steam roll your entire team.

The only ridiculous thing about Tryndamere, in my opinion, is how his passive can give him lucky crits and turn duels he wouldn't normally win.

Otherwise he's pretty much like the other hypercarries. Not nearly as OP as people think.

Deleted
    here's how you beat trynda: cc him and kill him, run when he ults, ignite him when it's about to expire gg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Yeah it is a little stupid how you have to be very careful for the first few levels against him due to that. It's always a sad thing when a guy dies at level 2 to Trynd because he didn't expect the crits. That's like seeing a guy start with a red pot and then getting caught off guard when they all in you early.
    I did this to a friend once in a 1v1. Level 2, I just turn to AA him as he goes for CS, 2 crits for 2/3 of his health. He wasn't happy that match.

Deleted
    Ah Trynd, the good old times where Yasuo wasn't basically a better version of him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it is a little stupid how you have to be very careful for the first few levels against him due to that. It's always a sad thing when a guy dies at level 2 to Trynd because he didn't expect the crits. That's like seeing a guy start with a red pot and then getting caught off guard when they all in you early.
    All these tears from crit>E>crit FB on level 1, nom nom nom

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Ah Trynd, the good old times where Yasuo wasn't basically a better version of him.
    I thought he was supposed to be a better version of Master Yi. At least Tryndamere can play tank for 5 seconds due to his ultimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    All these tears from crit>E>crit FB on level 1, nom nom nom
    Yeah, it sure is fun losing to RNG. Pretty much why I stay away from games such as Hearthstone as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Did I enter a portal to 2011
    Heh. There was a massive wave of new players (including me). I remember that spam with 'Trynda, Shaco, Yi OP!'. There were some other 'op' champs too but can't remember them. Oh.. Akali pre-nerf

Trynda isn't op and doesn't need nerf at all. There are a lot of ways to deal with him.

lane:
    Abuse him pre-6. Call jungler to tank and watch yourself getting fed.

other situations:
    cc and kiting. Support might use exhaust on him if he gets dangerously close in teamfight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think the thing about Tryndamere is that if you don't have a comp with too much cc he will curbstomp your team pretty badly. I've had games where our comp was heavily assassin based but with next to no cc and while that's generally fine in solo queue, the instant the enemy team picks Tryndamere vs your team with said comp you're going to have to shut Tryndamere down right from the get go or else... But even then that's not enough to guarantee he won't just farm his way to victory. He can be completely useless vs certain comps and that's what you have to realize.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's how you beat trynd: Play AP teemo. Deny farm. Get a jungler gank and force him out of lane. GG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanesca View Post
    Here's how you beat trynd: Play AP teemo. Deny farm. Get a jungler gank and force him out of lane. GG
    That's assuming you haven't already taken a top lane.
    Hey everyone

You should realize that a person with a red pot start will try to all in you early, and you won't get caught. Just like you shouldn't try to duel trynd at level 2 with most champions because he can get a crit and will win the duel every time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sokka View Post
    Think the thing about Tryndamere is that if you don't have a comp with too much cc he will curbstomp your team pretty badly. I've had games where our comp was heavily assassin based but with next to no cc and while that's generally fine in solo queue, the instant the enemy team picks Tryndamere vs your team with said comp you're going to have to shut Tryndamere down right from the get go or else... But even then that's not enough to guarantee he won't just farm his way to victory. He can be completely useless vs certain comps and that's what you have to realize.
    It's the risk when you make a teamcomp without cc.