Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got the feeling it's going to be purely cosmetic items.

Mounts, Tmog armor, pets, nothing that will really give you a jump on another player
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

lol the ideas of private servers. Yes that is where the creators of an MMO got their idea for a level boost. I hope you are joking that or your tinfoil hat is way too tight. RPGS and other games have offered level boosts for money for years. It wasn't the invention of private servers.

Again, with a sub based game there is no reason to damage your subs by making your game p2w by offering current level gear, I'm willing to go as far as expansion level gear even never being offered. The money from a constant sub is way more valuable that getting a portion of the player base to buy gear that equals 6 months of a sub. Offering anything that is actually p2w effects sub numbers too much. That is like getting a steady income and giving that up for the chance to make lump sums here and there.

I don't just mean the "If they do X I'll quit crowd." If you can buy all the gear then you clear a Raid one time and then you can stop for a few months until something new comes out. There is no farm or grind at max level if you can just purchase the gear. Gear is the power grind that keeps players playing at end game. Can you imagine how fast a group could clear a raid tier if you could by all the gear and walk into the place at max power out of the gate. No raid would last much longer than a month for even the most mediocre of groups. People would unsub between tiers which is a money loss. Offering anything that degrades end game is too risky for something that has a constant player base. They've learned leveling isn't the reason people play their game anymore, sure up to wrath people enjoyed leveling, now its tiresome and redundant and the end game has expanded so much that leveling is more of a get it over with thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    lol the ideas of private servers. Yes that is where the creators of an MMO got their idea for a level boost. I hope you are joking that or your tinfoil hat is way too tight. RPGS and other games have offered level boosts for money for years. It wasn't the invention of private servers.

Again, with a sub based game there is no reason to damage your subs by making your game p2w by offering current level gear, I'm willing to go as far as expansion level gear even never being offered. The money from a constant sub is way more valuable that getting a portion of the player base to buy gear that equals 6 months of a sub. Offering anything that is actually p2w effects sub numbers too much. That is like getting a steady income and giving that up for the chance to make lump sums here and there.

I don't just mean the "If they do X I'll quit crowd." If you can buy all the gear then you clear a Raid one time and then you can stop for a few months until something new comes out. There is no farm or grind at max level if you can just purchase the gear. Gear is the power grind that keeps players playing at end game. Can you imagine how fast a group could clear a raid tier if you could by all the gear and walk into the place at max power out of the gate. No raid would last much longer than a month for even the most mediocre of groups. People would unsub between tiers which is a money loss. Offering anything that degrades end game is too risky for something that has a constant player base. They've learned leveling isn't the reason people play their game anymore, sure up to wrath people enjoyed leveling, now its tiresome and redundant and the end game has expanded so much that leveling is more of a get it over with thing.
    QFT! Well said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leipuri View Post
    I am willing to bet that it would be very small minority that would actually leave and majority wouldn't care or would be happy to buy that piece of gear that RNG never seem to drop for them.
    And that's when they add the troll code to ensure that certain items never drop for you, or greatly reduce the chances of them dropping (by looking at raid comp before the loot is assigned to the bosses). And for coins, they've admitted in the past that they could trivially make it so that you never coined items you don't want, so it would be just the same to ensure you never coined certain items you do want. (similar to what they did with archaeology and the last rare for each azeroth race)

Deleted
    What I would like to see:

- Damage buffs - $15 for +50% damage / 1h duration
    - faster queue buff - $10 , 50% faster queue
    - instant queue - $50, someone else is kicked and you join in his place
    - Heroic Raid weapon ~ $250 (must be high so none buys it!)
    - Achivements - (Gladiator $200 <- price must be high to control amount of gladiators!!!) else $1 per achi point

I want naw!